Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, #55worktoplay said:

Well I guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask. I have had success in the past but it was a long time ago. 

I never accept a flight via Toronto with less than at least 2 hours in between but that’s after many trips via Toronto. 

THIS!!!

There are so few places that you can fly direct from Vancouver for some reason...but wherever I'm flying in the US, I hands down refuse to connect in Toronto unless there is at least 3 hours connection time. In the past, not only did you have to clear customs there, but you had to actually collect luggage and re-drop it as well. I missed way too many connections and learned the hard way!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

washrooms as they call them. 

Haha! This hit home for me. I’m a dual citizen born and raised in Canada now living in the US. It has taken me YEARS to stop asking “where is the washroom, please?” Apart from confused looks I was once led to the “laundry room” during a college tour with my daughter. Hehe.  

• Haha 11

Sorry about missing your flight Greg.  My son had a problem flying from Alberta through Toronto to get to NY a few months ago.  By the time his plane landed in Toronto around 8:00 PM Customs was closed.  He was told too bad - he missed his flight but somehow got Air Canada to pay for a hotel room for the night. He was able to get the first flight out the next morning but he was really pissed.  He said never again on Air Canada or through Toronto.  

• Like 6

@Saint Greg really enjoyed your review and pictures.

Feel absolutely horrible for you that your trip ended on such a sour note; hope you find a way to get some rest and feel better. AND actually make it home w/no more drama.

Hope your boss understands and that NCL resolves properly. 

I look forward to seeing the rest of your pictures and following your next review. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

He must be napping someplace!

I laid down for an hour. Over there. Bed is a little stiff but it has plenty of outlets and some natural light.

IMG_4602.thumb.jpeg.a9161738a92788e635bfa506b662885b.jpeg

Nice breeze from the vent.

IMG_4603.jpeg

Think I got 20 mins of sleep.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 21

37 minutes ago, xkritter said:

Does Air Canada have a lounge? Maybe they'll give you day access?

I walked by one in this area it looked like a little piece of garbage.

But I’m in a small area of the terminal. Like 12’gates. Not many people. looks new. I think it’s for the regional jets.

• Like 7

Another chaotic weekend at Pearson leads former NHL star Ryan Whitney to declare it ‘worst airport on earth’

https://www.thestar.com/business/another-chaotic-weekend-at-pearson-leads-former-nhl-star-ryan-whitney-to-declare-it-worst/article_66b66b02-9325-596f-ac1a-f8cac3f1d82c.html

Hope you don't get stuck at Pearson for 25 hours! The twitter video is comical in that article so maybe you can get a chuckle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BohJang said:

Sorry about missing your flight Greg.  My son had a problem flying from Alberta through Toronto to get to NY a few months ago.  By the time his plane landed in Toronto around 8:00 PM Customs was closed.  He was told too bad - he missed his flight but somehow got Air Canada to pay for a hotel room for the night. He was able to get the first flight out the next morning but he was really pissed.  He said never again on Air Canada or through Toronto.  

Thats Pearson for ya! NEVER FLY THERE!!! The US Custom pre check in Toronto is brutal. NCL must know that 30 mins doesn't give a damn chance to make a flight. Some people miss flights with a 5 hour layover!

Edited by Riles34
  • Like 5

Pearson used to be the best experience ever when I lived in Toronto! So the first time I went back there after I moved to FLA I was shocked at how horrible it had gotten! We waited for an hour to scan our passports, then over 2 hours to go through Customs and Immigration! NOT IMPRESSED!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Every seat I’ve seen in this airport has these big arm  rests so there’s no hope of laying anywhere but the floor.

IMG_4601.jpeg

Twice we came across a person lying across the armless seats, and each time I counted out loudly each seat the person was lying across, like “One two three four”. 

That worked as either the person woke up and moved or somebody else woke the person up to tell her to sit up as there were other ppl wanting to sit down. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Thats Pearson for ya! NEVER FLY THERE!!! The US Custom pre check in Toronto is brutal. NCL must know that 30 mins doesn't give a damn chance to make a flight. Some people miss flights with a 5 hour layover!

Trust me it wasn’t my idea to spend my morning flying the length of Canada…when I’m going to Dallas.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Twice we came across a person lying across the armless seats, and each time I counted out loudly each seat the person was lying across, like “One two three four”. 

That worked as either the person woke up and moved or somebody else woke the person up to tell her to sit up as there were other ppl wanting to sit down. 

I would’ve done it where nobody was at. Which was pretty much this entire area of the terminal. Even when I got up there were only two people in the area

• Like 5

@Saint Greg  I feel for you. Not only are you feeling like crap, you had a red eye and instead of enjoying most of the day unpacking and rewinding you are stuck spending money waiting time on an airport floor.  They really screwed up with that flight and they owe you big time as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 9