Included Coffee

Natros

We sailed a few times on Carnival many years ago and the coffee was not that great. I don’t drink, but I consume a lot of Coffee. We took a cruise on Royal Carribean and the free coffee was great. Which made me wonder if Carnival had changed to a better drip coffee?

23 minutes ago, Natros said:

We sailed a few times on Carnival many years ago and the coffee was not that great. I don’t drink, but I consume a lot of Coffee. We took a cruise on Royal Carribean and the free coffee was great. Which made me wonder if Carnival had changed to a better drip coffee?

I just went.  It was fine.   

54 minutes ago, Natros said:

When you say you consume a lot of coffee, exactly what kind of coffee? If you're cool with just drop coffee, and adding cream and sugar, the free lido coffee is tolerable. The de-caf, not so much. Java cafe though, mmmmm. I'm pretty sure it's the same drip but what they do with it, mmmmm. But that's all pay coffee. I'm pretty sure you can get some sort of coffee card but I'm not sure of the specifics. There's a thread going now about that exact thing though.

37 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

When you say you consume a lot of coffee, exactly what kind of coffee? If you're cool with just drop coffee, and adding cream and sugar, the free lido coffee is tolerable. The de-caf, not so much. Java cafe though, mmmmm. I'm pretty sure it's the same drip but what they do with it, mmmmm. But that's all pay coffee. I'm pretty sure you can get some sort of coffee card but I'm not sure of the specifics. There's a thread going now about that exact thing though.

They use different coffee at Java

• Like 2

NCL now has a coffee package - I wish Carnival (and Royal) would follow suit. I would certainly get it (and I'm not a coffee snob) My daughter can drink the free coffee if she puts a package of cocoa in it - she says it makes it "drinkable"! I can't have the milk so I suffer... or pay 😉

18 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

NCL now has a coffee package - I wish Carnival (and Royal) would follow suit. I would certainly get it (and I'm not a coffee snob) My daughter can drink the free coffee if she puts a package of cocoa in it - she says it makes it "drinkable"! I can't have the milk so I suffer... or pay 😉

JH has addressed that several times.  A package including coffee would cost almost as much as CHEERS.  

Anyone use a tervis tumbler to get coffee?  I think that you can get one in Java Blue - what is the offer?  Can it be used in the Havana bar for cuban coffee?

There seems to be another tumbler offered in Blue Iguana but that one may be for alcoholic drinks only?  Alcoholic coffee drinks?

Thanks.

I used to like the coffee on the Lido deck just fine, but I can't quite drink it anymore. Over the years, I think I've just started drinking a higher quality coffee at home and my tolerance for bad coffee isn't what it used to be. 

For what it's worth, I do think the coffee served in the MDR during breakfast/brunch and at dinner is not bad and much better than the stuff on the Lido deck. If I'm not having breakfast in the MDR (which I try to do every day) I will stop by Java Blue and just pay for coffee. The prices there are really reasonable, so I don't feel bad about it at all.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

I used to like the coffee on the Lido deck just fine, but I can't quite drink it anymore. Over the years, I think I've just started drinking a higher quality coffee at home and my tolerance for bad coffee isn't what it used to be. 

For what it's worth, I do think the coffee served in the MDR during breakfast/brunch and at dinner is not bad and much better than the stuff on the Lido deck. If I'm not having breakfast in the MDR (which I try to do every day) I will stop by Java Blue and just pay for coffee. The prices there are really reasonable, so I don't feel bad about it at all.

Agreed.  I'm just off the Magic, and thought the MDR coffee was pretty good.  The Lido coffee was drinkable, although it seemed to have some weird additive flavor to it that I can't quite put my finger on...

On our recent Pride cruise, the coffee at Lido was fine. We had Drinks on Us Everywhere, but if the line was long at the Lido coffee stand, we were ok with the regular coffee.

In our early days of cruise, the Lido coffee was so bad, we often purchased from the specialty coffee shop. This was the Miracle, and they were using a Mexican coffee.  Thank goodness they switched away from that. 

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my husband is. On our cruise on the Spirit last year, he really liked the coffee from one of the machines at the lido buffet. They seemed to have two different styles of machines on the lido deck (one had beans visible in an enclosure at the top of the machine, and the other didn't have that enclosure), and he strongly preferred the coffee from one of the machines over the others. It might be worth trying a couple of different machines to see if one brews more to your liking.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 9:47 PM, Elaine5715 said:

JH has addressed that several times.  A package including coffee would cost almost as much as CHEERS.  

On my daughter's cruise (which she is NOT taking me on 😳! 😆)  it's an unlimited Starbucks coffee card and costs $62. I can drink $62 worth of coffee!

Edited by cooncat_mom
Can't type
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, cooncat_mom said:

On my daughter's cruise (which she is NOT taking me on 😳! 😆)  it's an unlimited Starbucks coffee card and costs $62. I can drink $62 worth of coffee!

Is your daughter cruising on Carnival? I've never seen or heard of Carnival serving Starbucks coffee. That would be a welcome surprise though lol

3 hours ago, CaptG said:

Is your daughter cruising on Carnival? I've never seen or heard of Carnival serving Starbucks coffee. That would be a welcome surprise though lol

No - she's cruising on Norwegian, and this is the first time they've offered a coffee card like that. I would have loved a coffee card for Java Blue and was hoping Carnival would follow suit.  I guess Carnival doesn't realize that coffee drinkers can pack away a lot of coffee each day!

Edited by cooncat_mom

6 hours ago, davy jones said:

I'm not a coffee "snob" and drink straight up black coffee.  I find it to be perfectly fine, particularly if the coffee urn is freshly brewed.

I'm definitly NOT a 'coffee snob' ( I love the ledo deck buffet coffee) But, I DO like it HOT about 190-200 degrees F. Lukewarm coffee( tome) is like a coffee milk shake. Yuck !!🥵

Mac