All The Planning and All The Excitement and…Pffft….it’s Gone!

Lady Arwen

We were supposed to be boarding Regal Princess in two weeks to the day, but it just wasn’t meant to be.  Our youngest dog had to have emergency bladder surgery yesterday to save his life.  Everything happened so fast, but our vet just led us through it all.  He will recover, but it’s going to take a few weeks to get back on his feet.  We’re so grateful that it turned out in his favour.

So, today I’ll be cancelling our cruise, (Platinum insurance coverage thank goodness,)  our flights, our hotel, our excursions, our car service, etc. We have 100% FCC  cancel for any reason coverage  so we’ll start planning for something else once our boy is well, we’ll probably will wait until next spring.

We’ve never cancelled after final payment nor used our Platinum insurance.  Our CVP will take care of the process for us, I’m sure,  Does anyone know how long it takes for the FCC to show up in our account?

We have learned never to take things for granted and be prepared for anything that can happen when you least expect it.  We’re very happy our boy will be home tomorrow and believe me, he’s worth more than any cruise.

Edited by Lady Arwen
Spell
  • Like 18

• Lady Arwen changed the title to All The Planning and All The Excitement and…Pffft….it’s Gone!

Glad your dog is going to be OK.  Glad this happened now and not some emergency when you were out of town.

I would personally expect a couple months for the dust to settle on the financials.  Based on old covid time cancellations/refunds everything was like 4-5 weeks for refunds even when the situation was very straight forward.  Maybe the fact that it's FCC and not a refund will help the situation but it's also got the insurance element which will probably add time and offset any benefit from FCC vs refund.  If you're looking to allocate it to another cruise sooner rather than later and facing final payment due on that replacement cruise, they may escalate in order to sell you that cruise.  Just a guess, though.

• Like 1

Our CVP will help us book something for summer 2024.  We’ll probably rebook a British Isles itinerary for July or August.  We’re assuming that we’ll put a deposit on our credit card and the use the FCC for the balance at final payment,

At the moment we’re just happy to get him home and back to normal.  Just like having children!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

From the title, I was wondering if you had been hit by a new system bug.  Hope all is well for you now and can soon look forward to a replacement voyage.

Me too!  Was thinking, oh no, not IT again.  Lol

Happy @Lady Arwen that your furball is going to be okay.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.  Our CVP is taking care of us and sending appropriate forms to complete.  She said it will be two months, or more, before our FCCs show up on our account.  Gives us lots of time to find a new cruise!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.  Our CVP is taking care of us and sending appropriate forms to complete.  She said it will be two months, or more, before our FCCs show up on our account.  Gives us lots of time to find a new cruise!

I'll be following your timeline. We may choose to cancel our this October cruise with CFAR and apply the FCC to a October 2024 cruise - should be no problem doing that - just lose the OBC associated with this cruise and the cost of the insurance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I'll be following your timeline. We may choose to cancel our this October cruise with CFAR and apply the FCC to a October 2024 cruise - should be no problem doing that - just lose the OBC associated with this cruise and the cost of the insurance.

May I ask which cruise in October 2024 are you looking at?  If it’s interesting, I might take a look, too!

Hello, glad your pooch is on the road to recovery.  I had to cancel a July cruise under platinum insurance.   Princess refunded port charges  taxes, showed up a couple of days later.  After entering info into insurance website,  had received fcc on princess account in less than three weeks 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

May I ask which cruise in October 2024 are you looking at?  If it’s interesting, I might take a look, too!

just the little 5 day on the SUN P - basically to check out the ship and we drive to port the day before.

Amber Cove and Grand Turk

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

just the little 5 day on the SUN P - basically to check out the ship and we drive to port the day before.

Amber Cove and Grand Turk

Sounds great!  We have to fly everywhere, so we only do ten day minimum.  Thinking of trying the Sun, though.  Maybe a TA, so we would get lots of time to explore the ship.  Decisions, decisions!

• Like 1

Sorry that your trip must be postponed, but very happy for you that your pup will be home tomorrow.  Thats what is important.  There is always another trip to look forward to, but that boy is family.  Thankfully you were still home when you needed to be.  Hope he continues to do well.

• Thanks 1

After the fires in Lahaina and the hurricane/earthquakes in California, I am so happy that you put your fur baby first.  Princess will always have a cruise for you to plan.  Your priorities are in the right place.  

Please keep us updated on FCC.  Many of us have similar situations and look forward to your time line.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’ve never cancelled after final payment

We have.

This was about 10 years ago,  We did not have CFAR, but it was still one of the easiest decisions I have ever made,

• Like 2

Hope your sweet dog heals soon!  Thank goodness you were home. 

One of our dogs had bladder surgery before he was two.  It ended up being hereditary bladder stones, and has had to be on a special diet since then, to keep the stones at bay.   He’s healthy and happy 8 years later. 

Oh, and have fun cruise shopping for a replacement 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

Hope your sweet dog heals soon!  Thank goodness you were home. 

One of our dogs had bladder surgery before he was two.  It ended up being hereditary bladder stones, and has had to be on a special diet since then, to keep the stones at bay.   He’s healthy and happy 8 years later. 

Oh, and have fun cruise shopping for a replacement 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  Very happy your pup did well.  We foster Arctic breed dogs, and we’ve seen a lot over the years.  Usually, it’s malnutrition, broken bones and severe neglect, so we’re used to dealing with dogs requiring love and care and patience.  When it’s your own, you tend to lose your objectivity and your heart takes over your good sense.

Once we get our FCCs, we will definitely be cruise shopping!  I hope Princess does this in a relatively timely manner.  We shall see.

• Like 1