Edge - Rooftop garden grill and Eden

UKmum

Apologies if I’m repeating, or asking an obvious, question but I’ve had little luck with the search function.  Travelling on an Edge in New Zealand in Feb and thinking of trying to book both these restaurants for a dinner. 

1. I assume the garden grill is all open air. If the weather is awful on our chosen evening, I assume the grill reservation would be cancelled, refunded and we just have to eat in an alternative venue. Assumptions can be a bad idea though so might someone be able to advise please ? 

2.  Eden appears to have a plant based and meat based menu. Are both available each evening please? 

Thanks in advance. 

There is cover over the  a portion of the rooftop grill and there some panels that break wind.  We have dined there in the rain and fine, just got a, little wet walking to and from.  If it’s a bad storm they would probably cancel or move to an indoor.  

I have only seen 2 menus for Eden the tasting menu and the regular menu.  I haven’t seen a solely plant based menu.  But I never asked.

We've only dined once at the Rooftop Grill, and yes, it can get pretty windy up there.   Food was good, but it is probably our least favorite of the specialty dining options.   We love Eden.  The menu has so many great choices.  The food has always been excellent....we have never been disappointed.  

The Eden plant based menu is one of two tasting menus which are separate from the standard menu. I don’t see it talked about often so it may not be offered frequently. The standard menu was dumbed down mid-2022 to make it like any other restaurant so make sure you are looking at the correct one.. 

8 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The Eden plant based menu is one of two tasting menus which are separate from the standard menu. I don’t see it talked about often so it may not be offered frequently. The standard menu was dumbed down mid-2022 to make it like any other restaurant so make sure you are looking at the correct one.. 

Thanks all. Your advice and knowledge is appreciated. 

As to a dumbed down menu, this is what I found in Celebrity’s website. Does anyone know if it’s current please? 

IMG_7145.png

We ate at Eden 2 weeks ago. It was amazing.  Order3d from the standard menu and had 2 appetizers and 2 main courses. The branzino was the best fish I ever had and the tenderloin was fantastic. We ate at the Blu the other nights and the food and service there was likewise fantastic.

20 hours ago, UKmum said:

Apologies if I’m repeating, or asking an obvious, question but I’ve had little luck with the search function.  Travelling on an Edge in New Zealand in Feb and thinking of trying to book both these restaurants for a dinner. 

1. I assume the garden grill is all open air. If the weather is awful on our chosen evening, I assume the grill reservation would be cancelled, refunded and we just have to eat in an alternative venue. Assumptions can be a bad idea though so might someone be able to advise please ? 

2.  Eden appears to have a plant based and meat based menu. Are both available each evening please? 

Thanks in advance. 

Garden Grill is open air & frankly I found it to be like going to a local bar as far as menu was concerned. It was VERY breezy when we were up there. I have seen it closed for weather & of course you get a refund if that happens.

I have not seen an exclusively plant based menu at Eden, but I wasn't looking. 

When we sailed the Edge 2 yrs ago, there were 2 choices for each course. Mostly we ordered one of each to try...some were plant based but if I recall the entree was lobster or filet...

That being said, they are good at meeting dietary needs. 

I would make a reservation, pop in on day 1 & inquire about a plant based meal if that is your need & cancel if they cannot meet that need.

On 8/22/2023 at 3:51 PM, UKmum said:

Thanks in advance. 

We love the Rooftop Grill.  It's our favorite of the specialty restaurants.  We've been there in both good & bad weather and had great times at both.  There are wind barriers and at least a partial roof covering to prevent the bad weather from ruining the evening.  It is a fun unpretentious evening, a reasonable cost with great service and lots of choices for your meal. 

We enjoyed the rooftop grill.  My only complaint is that some passengers think it is a short cut to the other side of the ship and walk through it while you are trying to have a nice dinner.  They should block it off to prevent this.  Ask to sit by an area away from this.  It can be a little windy, but it is semi protected from the elements.  We loved Eden.  Our favorite restaurant on board.  A wonderful varied menu to please vegans and meat eaters.  Enjoy

• Like 1