No Longer Ocean Ready

Insomniacs

Hi.  We are first time cruisers going on an Alaska cruise this September.  I downloaded the app months ago and filled in all of our info.  Originally it said we were "Ocean ready" and "Green lane" which which I thought was a bit odd because we live in Canada and cannot have our medallions delivered even though we purchased Princess Plus.  Then a few weeks ago it switched us to "Blue lane" but we were still Ocean ready.  Now recently we are no longer Ocean ready because we have to choose our Medallion wearable.  We I click on it I have the option to shop but only the "pay" wearables are available.  In my "Order History"  I can see we picked the complimentary laynard and pick up at the port.  The problem is there is no way to complete the Medaliion process.  It almost seems they are trying to force me to buy a wearable to proceed.  Should I call Princess or is this normal?

4 minutes ago, Insomniacs said:

Hi.  We are first time cruisers going on an Alaska cruise this September.  I downloaded the app months ago and filled in all of our info.  Originally it said we were "Ocean ready" and "Green lane" which which I thought was a bit odd because we live in Canada and cannot have our medallions delivered even though we purchased Princess Plus.  Then a few weeks ago it switched us to "Blue lane" but we were still Ocean ready.  Now recently we are no longer Ocean ready because we have to choose our Medallion wearable.  We I click on it I have the option to shop but only the "pay" wearables are available.  In my "Order History"  I can see we picked the complimentary laynard and pick up at the port.  The problem is there is no way to complete the Medaliion process.  It almost seems they are trying to force me to buy a wearable to proceed.  Should I call Princess or is this normal?

They are probably still trying to do updates with the shipping as well as other parts of the App.  
I’d just sit tight for few days and see if it corrects itself. 

See if they make any changes to shipping for Canada in the next week.

Who knows?

Edited by PacnGoNow

The same thing has happen to us (fellow Canadian) for our December cruise. I suspect there may soon be an update that Canadians will be able to have their Medallions shipped to their home. When that is released I’m hoping it will all get sorted out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barter123 said:

The same thing has happen to us (fellow Canadian) for our December cruise. I suspect there may soon be an update that Canadians will be able to have their Medallions shipped to their home. When that is released I’m hoping it will all get sorted out.

I had read that Canada and a few other countries may soon be eligle to receive Medallion shipments but I figure the change would be too late for us.  We leave in 23 days.  Your cruise in December probaly has a much better shot at the changes.

9 minutes ago, Insomniacs said:

Don't sweat it. As Canadians, we fell afoul of a recent change to Princess's "system", wherein everyone who can't get their Medallion shipped to them, and has to pick it up at the port, was automatically changed to Blue Lane, even though, like us, we they were previously Green Lane.  Rumor has it that an update announcement re shipping to Canada is forthcoming, but the bottom line is that even if you can't get the Medallions shipped north, it's nothing to worry about. Just show up at the port on your embarkation day, spend an extra 2 minutes at checkin collecting your medallion, then board and start enjoying your trip. Have a great cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Don't sweat it. As Canadians, we fell afoul of a recent change to Princess's "system", wherein everyone who can't get their Medallion shipped to them, and has to pick it up at the port, was automatically changed to Blue Lane, even though, like us, we they were previously Green Lane.  Rumor has it that an update announcement re shipping to Canada is forthcoming, but the bottom line is that even if you can't get the Medallions shipped north, it's nothing to worry about. Just show up at the port on your embarkation day, spend an extra 2 minutes at checkin collecting your medallion, then board and start enjoying your trip. Have a great cruise.

It is not the Blue lane that bothers me it was because according to the app we are no longer Ocean Ready.  If we are Ocean Ready and Blue lane I would have no issues.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Insomniacs said:

It is not the Blue lane that bothers me it was because according to the app we are no longer Ocean Ready.  If we are Ocean Ready and Blue lane I would have no issues.

If you had done all the check in requirements on the App, green checks for your documents and information, chose your medallion wearable etc and in the Green lane…

Then you ARE ocean ready.  It’s the App/IT…not you.

Don’t lose sleep over this.😉

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

We were Green Lane and our Medallions were being shipped to our home free of charge. Then we added 3 cruise segments onto the front end and are now Blue Lane. I am so very not worried about it. We always used to pick up our cruise cards at the port and this will be no different other than the fact that some folks won't have to do the pick up so it will likely be a little faster than the old cruise card method.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We were Green Lane and our Medallions were being shipped to our home free of charge. Then we added 3 cruise segments onto the front end and are now Blue Lane. I am so very not worried about it. We always used to pick up our cruise cards at the port and this will be no different other than the fact that some folks won't have to do the pick up so it will likely be a little faster than the old cruise card method.

And the ones you would have received for free would be arriving while you are crossing the Pacific.  NBD, as you say.

28 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Tomorrow's Princess webinar promises BIG NEWS for Canadians. Maybe this is the medallion shipping we are all waiting for...

Thanks.  And ask when the App will be updated….that is..if there’s time.  🥴

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They are probably still trying to do updates with the shipping as well as other parts of the App.  
I’d just sit tight for few days and see if it corrects itself. 

See if they make any changes to shipping for Canada in the next week.

Who knows?

This has been the situation for at least two weeks, so it's taking a while to fix up.

3 hours ago, Insomniacs said:

Same with me and I have the same in the Order History. I posted about this on the Medallion thread a few days ago but no one was able to suggest a solution. It's nothing to worry about I know but it bugs me and being a Virgo I like everything in its place!

We're in US. Many months ago we were ocean ready. Everything in place. A couple of nights ago when I checked the app it indicated I need to choose our medallions. I checked our order history. It shows our medallions are ordered. I don't like paying shipping for anything, will get medallions at port, so we went from green lane to blue lane. I don't consider lane color important. I think the other problem will work itself out. 

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We always used to pick up our cruise cards at the port and this will be no different other than the fact that some folks won't have to do the pick up so it will likely be a little faster than the old cruise card method.

This was NOT the case on August 5 when I embarked Emerald at San Pedro. 

The previous month, on July 22, I embarked at San Pedro and they had an ‘elite’ lane. I did not have my Medallion, and it took maybe 5 minutes. 

On August 5, there was only Blue lane(no medallion) or Have Medallion lane and a special assistance lane. Arrived about same time as previous cruise which was 10:30ish and there was a long line for Blue lane. Took over 40 minutes to snake to front to collect Medallion. Elite, Suite priority gone.

After receiving my medallion, no wait to board, as Elites were already boarding.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies.  FYI I called Princess today and I was told this is a known issue from the last app update.  They checked and said I have everything filled in properly and to proceed to blue lane at the terminal.  The fact that it is not in Ocean Ready status is not a problem.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blueexpedition29 said:

For what it is worth - I am in the US and could not complete the medalion ordering process for the last two weeks. And then earlier TODAY, i was finally able to do so.  As noted in some other discussions, there appear to be lots of issues and updaqtes going on in the app. 

Thanks for your post!

Had same issue for last two weeks (we were green status for months and then medallion order disappeared and dropped back to blue status). Could never make it through ordering medallions since.

After reading your post tried yet one more time to complete the medallion order process and it finally worked!!!

Back to green status again.

Now the question, how long will it be before changing us back to blue status again (lol)🤣

Earlier someone asked if the app was trying to get them to buy an accessory. It isn’t. We too are in Canada and as things stand we can’t get the medallion mailed to us so are stuck in the blue lane.  We are purchasing accessories but this doesn’t change the status as it is all about whether you have your medallion in hand as you board or not.

Fingers crossed they start shipping to Canada soon!

• Like 1

Same problem here with placing the order for our Medallions.  Keep getting an error message the "not available at this time, please try again later.

I reached out to my PVP who contacted the Medallion Class group directly.  His response to me was the answer I totally expected and gave me little solace;

"just heard back from the team that manages the Medallion Class app. They are having technical difficulties with the ordering system at the moment. This is why you are receiving the error message.

They said to give it a few days, then try again. Hopefully, they will have resolved the issue by then."

When are they not having technical difficulties? We are still standing by and waiting patiently.

• Thanks 1

Same issue here for the last 4-5 days. Went from green to blue to yellow (for one day!) and now back to blue. I know I ordered the medallions last year, but it is telling me I need to order. After several days of seeing the common error message, yesterday I finally got to where I could place the order for the medallions to be shipped. Only problem is that it wants to charge me $10 for shipping, even though we have Princess Plus package. I’m hoping that they will eventually straighten everything out (I can hear the laughs now) and I will revert to green lane with medallions already ordered and not “in progress.”