Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Crystal Symphony Sept 1 - Ask Us Your Questions

CruiseCriticAaron

4 hours ago, occasional cruising said:

Former Crystal published the captain, speakers, PGA etc. months ahead of each voyage. Will this happen in the future when things calm down a bit?

Yes.

But I don't have a date yet.

It will include entertainers and enrichment but not necessarily Captain, Restaurant Manager, etc.

As always, those listed can easily change.

Keith 

• Like 3

On 9/3/2023 at 6:19 AM, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Absolutely - the breakfast hang tag is still being used, but the room service menus have all gone digital now on the in-room tablets. I'll see if I can snap some photos of it.

A gentle reminder please.

2 hours ago, crickette said:

A gentle reminder please.

I must apologize -- I never did get to snap photos of the room service menu. I did, however, order from it, and had a tasty Turkey Club. The menu offered a decent assortment of items (mostly sandwiches and salads, and basic entrees), but of course is complimentary and available 24 hours per day.

Guests in higher suite categories can also order in from Umi Uma and Osteria d'Ovidio.

30 minutes ago, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Guests in higher suite categories can also order in from Umi Uma and Osteria d'Ovidio.

That should probably read the highest suite categories - Junior Crystal Penthouse and Crystal Penthouse. Don't want the lowly guests in Aquamarines or Sapphires to get excited! 😉

Patty

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zigtraveller said:

I'm hoping someone can let me know if Crystal has a pillow menu?  I like a therapeutic or memory foam pillow if possible.  

They do have choices for pillows. I don't profess to know all of them because I use whatever is on the bed but my wife does care about this and there were several for her to chose from but have no idea if they are the ones you are asking about.

Keith

11 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

They do have choices for pillows. I don't profess to know all of them because I use whatever is on the bed but my wife does care about this and there were several for her to chose from but have no idea if they are the ones you are asking about.

Keith

Keith, thank you for taking the time to reply.  If they have a choice of pillows I'm sure there is something that will suit me.

On 9/6/2023 at 4:43 AM, Cruise-y said:

The only time I ever saw a Gala was on a 14 day cruise with 4 sea days so that follows the guideline. We usually booked more port-intensive cruises. 

I’d be surprised if that returns. It was entertaining in some ways, but my vague recollection is a giant crowd around the table with cold rock lobsters on ice. So many people were piling their plates with huge heaps of them that I could barely nab the last one. I had to snake my hand in (underneath) from 3 rows back - and almost got my arm stabbed by a fork. I remember thinking it reminded me of mass market cruise lines. And that was all pre-Covid of course. 

Any other food from that buffet, which I ate on my lap in the Cove (rather than carry it into Waterside to find an empty table), remains unmemorable. 

I got a punch from an overweighted lady  on my last Gala   buffet   i think she took at least 8 lobsters ...

However I did like the special pastries   "French style" 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sasejm said:

Does anyone know where the TV is located in the Aquamarine Veranda Suite, 2017 version, on deck 9 of Crystal Symphony?

I have a photo but have no idea how to post it. It's on the wall next to the bed on a mechanism where it can be slightly pulled out and pointed toward the bed or toward the sofa.

Patty

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I have a photo but have no idea how to post it. It's on the wall next to the bed on a mechanism where it can be slightly pulled out and pointed toward the bed or toward the sofa.

Patty

Hi Patty,

Your description is exactly what I need. I can visualize it perfectly. Thank you!

Ed

• 2 months later...