The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 28th, 2023

richwmn

47 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Greetings from Jacksonville. 

We had a very easy drive down here from SC.  There were a few patches of rain, but it wasn’t bad.

Mostly clear weather and light traffic.

I called to ask if there was an earlier appointment tomorrow, but no cigar.

Tomorrow, I will go up to the Internal Medicine Dept after my blood work and ask again.  I can also ask to be on standby, but that means I have to sit there and wait.  We will see.

@smitty34877 I missed your post earlier.  I am sorry that Tana and Lou had a rough time yesterday.  Prayers for both of them—and for you.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

Terri

Terri, I'm glad the drive was easy with not much rain and little traffice.  I hope you have the sane conditions tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

I booked Norway for next June. I was told that Flam is no longer a port.

I am booked on the Rotterdam next August and we are scheduled to visit Flam.  I really hope we get to visit.  There are already two replacement ports I have never heard of, Fredrikstand and Farsund.  There are currently no HAL excursion in either port.  Has anyone been to either of these ports?  If so, could you recommend things to do or a private tour.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@RedneckBob, @St Pete Cruiser, @aliaschief, I hope you all are staying safe. Idalia sounds like a nasty person.

As we say in the south, "Why Angelcat, Bless Your Heart".  Thanks for thinking of us!

It looks like the worst will be quite a distance offshore from Pinellas/St Petersburg, but we may get some higher tides causing flooding.

Last year, we had booked the Carnival Paradise the week that Ian hit.  We were very lucky as we had a nice cruise and even had two bonus days as the port of Tampa closed preventing our return.  Poor Ft Myers got hit so severely, they are still rebuilding and recovering.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I got a very unexpected email from HAL this morning.  It was a Neptune suite offer that I thought reasonable, especially since we were over the Ocean Bar.  After about a 15 minute hold I got an operator and eventually secured the upgrade.  I’ll happily reprint everything tomorrow when I’m in the office.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

YAY - how very, very nice 🙂. Are you going to surprise your DH with it or does he know?  Enjoy 😄 

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon, we are supposed to pick up the birthday boy at the home where he resides.  He has Alzheimer's and occasionally gets violent, so I think I will make him sit in the back seat - I don't want him attacking the driver!  I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing...   And then, what if he doesn't want to go back to the care place?

Oh my, Ann.  How kind of you to pick up the birthday boy ♥️. I don’t blame you for your trepidation.  I hope it all goes well and Pat can help if there are any issues 🤞 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

YAY - how very, very nice 🙂. Are you going to surprise your DH with it or does he know?  Enjoy 😄 

DH knows about the upgrade.  He is in for a surprise and now I can get the concierge to help celebrate 29 years together.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Quick check-in this afternoon - just saw a post from the PTZ webcam folks on another site that a hurricane warning has been issued for Port of Tampa.  I checked their webcam and it all looks fine - for now.  Stay safe, everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Rain was predicted for today in Corner Brook but it turned out to be a lovely weather day: overcast and mid sixties.

A few passengers were complaining about nothing to do, but I really enjoyed all of the trails I was able to walk: Corner Brook Stream Trail, Glynmill Inn Pond Trail, and Three Bears Mountain Trail. Walked a little over fourteen miles before returning to the ship for dinner.

IMG_1829.thumb.jpeg.f9aceef7a6f1a964fb4ba9f0f85b5be7.jpeg

IMG_1836.thumb.jpeg.52e16db8d20dd90ee04ae413a5473ba3.jpeg

IMG_1835.thumb.jpeg.6b0222df8d79ec8c6390b275f8221db5.jpeg

IMG_1840.thumb.jpeg.c2b2f09a7d52cae3cabfa824e54e2f94.jpeg

IMG_1842.thumb.jpeg.0e82cc3465e262ade10b5fa11a3f4b1d.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

@Haljo1935 welcome to our group. I enjoy reading your comments on other posts on HA threads.  

@cruising sister I am so sad to read about baby Murphy.  Prayers that she will get through this.   

Thanks for all the photos of today's port.  

My sanding went well today.  My sister gave me a box of electric Sanders and the second one I tried was perfect.  Some reason CC is capitalizing my word to fried chicken.   

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Quick check-in this afternoon - just saw a post from the PTZ webcam folks on another site that a hurricane warning has been issued for Port of Tampa.  I checked their webcam and it all looks fine - for now.  Stay safe, everyone!

Thanks.  I think we are good.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I have better things to do than race a mouse. DaVinci and Mona Lisa probably have better things, too. OTOH, every day is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day here. In honor of the day, I have opened a box of Pinot Noir.

No and no on the meal and the drink. Maybe on the wine, or I could have the 2021 Hilda Chardonnay from Dr. Frank's, named after his daughter.  I haven't been to the Azores, again not for lack of trying.

I slept poorly Saturday night and was a wreck yesterday. Last night I slept better but it rained hard all morning and all I wanted to do was sleep. Because of the lightning, it was 11:00 before I showered and dressed. The monsoon -- we have considerable street flooding, including a stretch of interstate highway -- stopped after 2:00 and I went to the farmers' market and "Wegners." Unfortunately, I fell inside the store (tripped over my own feet) and hurt my shoulder a little. It's the one that I dislocated in 2018 right before my first cruise; the cruise was to replace a winter vacation cancelled because I was having physical therapy after breaking the other arm. I asked the ER doc if they had a frequent-patient rewards program.

camping.thumb.jpg.705d1980e872eb1cb4bf5d6499c6488d.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I have better things to do than race a mouse. DaVinci and Mona Lisa probably have better things, too. OTOH, every day is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day here. In honor of the day, I have opened a box of Pinot Noir.

No and no on the meal and the drink. Maybe on the wine, or I could have the 2021 Hilda Chardonnay from Dr. Frank's, named after his daughter.  I haven't been to the Azores, again not for lack of trying.

I slept poorly Saturday night and was a wreck yesterday. Last night I slept better but it rained hard all morning and all I wanted to do was sleep. Because of the lightning, it was 11:00 before I showered and dressed. The monsoon -- we have considerable street flooding, including a stretch of interstate highway -- stopped after 2:00 and I went to the farmers' market and "Wegners." Unfortunately, I fell inside the store (tripped over my own feet) and hurt my shoulder a little. It's the one that I dislocated in 2018 right before my first cruise; the cruise was to replace a winter vacation cancelled because I was having physical therapy after breaking the other arm. I asked the ER doc if they had a frequent-patient rewards program.

camping.thumb.jpg.705d1980e872eb1cb4bf5d6499c6488d.jpg

I am sorry to hear about your fall.I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Unfortunately, I fell inside the store (tripped over my own feet) and hurt my shoulder a little. It's the one that I dislocated in 2018 right before my first cruise; the cruise was to replace a winter vacation cancelled because I was having physical therapy after breaking the other arm. I asked the ER doc if they had a frequent-patient rewards program.

Oh NO!  I hope you didn’t do any serious damage and recover quickly 🤞 

LOL on the frequent patient rewards program - never thought to ask my orthopaedic surgeon that one 😂 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Rain was predicted for today in Corner Brook but it turned out to be a lovely weather day: overcast and mid sixties.

A few passengers were complaining about nothing to do, but I really enjoyed all of the trails I was able to walk: Corner Brook Stream Trail, Glynmill Inn Pond Trail, and Three Bears Mountain Trail. Walked a little over fourteen miles before returning to the ship for dinner.

Tony, was the sinkhole fixed on the path in the Corner Brook Stream Trail?  Wow, 14 miles must have worked up quite an appetite for dinner!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL on the frequent patient rewards program - never thought to ask my orthopaedic surgeon that one

Well, they told me that they tried to discourage that.

Where I really should have gotten some reward was physical therapy, because between the two injuries, I was there twice a week for eight consecutive months.

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

Late to the party, after returning from the lake,  darn smoke! 
Sadly, still in the sleepless club.  

@Crazy For Cats how wonderful!  We had the opportunity for a Neptune once, only downside is now you’ll want one again!  Enjoy! 
@cruising sister so sorry to hear about baby Murphy, praying it is darkest before the Dawn.

@rafinmd just wanted to say how much I appreciated your photo,  reminds me of being onboard! 

12 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning all.  Prayers for those in the path of the hurricane.  FYI - Royal changed the itinerary for their Vision ship that left on Saturday.  No Bermuda - Coco Cay and Nassau instead.  It’s that time of the year.

Regarding Henry Hudson - Hudson being my maiden name - I used to tell my students, jokingly, that Henry

was my great, great etc. grandpa.  I would show my drivers license with my maiden name to “prove” my point.  By the end of the explorers unit they would all get the joke.  Some would write “grandpa” as on answer on a quiz or test.  I remember my teaching days fondly.

Weather here today is only in the 80’s.  Gave a great day.  Katherine 

Lol! I used to tell my junior highs I was 80,. They said ok and carried on. 

3 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

As we say in the south, "Why Angelcat, Bless Your Heart".  Thanks for thinking of us!

It looks like the worst will be quite a distance offshore from Pinellas/St Petersburg, but we may get some higher tides causing flooding.

Last year, we had booked the Carnival Paradise the week that Ian hit.  We were very lucky as we had a nice cruise and even had two bonus days as the port of Tampa closed preventing our return.  Poor Ft Myers got hit so severely, they are still rebuilding and recovering.

I thought bless your heart had an alternative meaning 😂🤷‍♀️😉

3 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

glad you enjoyed the beautiful trails.  Guess some were looking for the diamonds international and shops, lol!  

32 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Well, they told me that they tried to discourage that.

Where I really should have gotten some reward was physical therapy, because between the two injuries, I was there twice a week for eight consecutive months.

Yikes, hope you heal well! 

2011 Waterton Lakes 037.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@kochleffel I am sorry to learn that you fell.  I hope you did not do too much damage to yourself.

Be careful and take it easy for the next few days.

As for me, tomorrow morning, I will make a decision regarding my afternoon appointment.  I have been offered a virtual appointment but not sure I want that.  That means I can go home right after the blood work.  i will see what happens in the morning and whether I can get an earlier appointment.  I really don’t want to get stuck on the road and safety is important.

Right now there is no rain and it is calm.  We’ll see what the morning brings.

Stay safe everyone, especially if you live in the southeast. 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 14

Whew, work was busy/hectic. We had 2 new employees start today and of course the internet went down when I went to process their ID cards. Then I had to change my password (not sure why, it’s only been 60 days and I have to change it every 90 days 🤷🏻‍♀️) which involves going to another computer, logging in to another website, asking for a password change, waiting for an email with a temporary password, then actually changing it. Checking/verifying IDs, having them sign lots of paperwork, finally processing their work ID cards, getting them temporary passwords so they could use the computer (the supervisor didn’t do that before he went on leave 😠), and finalizing my portion of the background check.  But it’s good to get more people, we sure do need them. 

It is HOT here, 103°F today and triple digits through Wed. 🥵 And now it’s my sis’ turn for a tropical storm. She lives in Northeast Florida and Tropical Storm Idalia 🌀 is headed her way. But she’s mostly prepared even buying a generator a few years ago. 

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 

• Like 15

Sad to hear that baby Murphy is struggling. Love surround them all. Thanks Lorraine for updating us. Nice to hear you had a good trip!  

@Cruzin Terri I’m sure you’ll make the right decision for you for the balance between your medical visit and the storm coming. Hoping the tests show whatever needs to be seen. 

@kochleffel Paul, glad you weren’t seriously injured but a fall is upsetting. Be gentle to you. 

I didn’t get Costco done today but that’s ok, we’ll have more than enough to get us through till late Sept. I felt very tired this morning, even fell asleep. Maybe it had something to do with yesterday’s flu shot?  But I did get some of Tuesday’s items in my list done. More to do tomorrow. 

Hope everybody has/had a good sleep!  m—

• Like 12

12 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Some very sad news on Murphy she crashed about 3 days off ECMO. Her neurological status has seemed to deteriorate too. I have not talked to my niece personally but she is calling me today. They are at a crossroads with conflicting opinions from the medical team. She is not back on ECMO but still on the ventilator and unstable. When I left they were able to hold her but now they could not move the bed 10 feet to go for a CT scan when she started to crash. I feel for this young couple who have spent 8 weeks in the hospital with their baby. 

Extra prayers for Murphy, her parents and family, and Murphy’s medical team. 🙏🙏🙏

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Unfortunately, I fell inside the store (tripped over my own feet) and hurt my shoulder a little. It's the one that I dislocated in 2018 right before my first cruise; the cruise was to replace a winter vacation cancelled because I was having physical therapy after breaking the other arm. I asked the ER doc if they had a frequent-patient rewards program.

Prayers for quick and complete healing. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 11