Msc seascape

First time cruiser 77

Hi guys just wondering has anyone been on this ship and is it work booking?

I've never done a cruise before me and my friend planning do caribbean cruise.

Can you drink and eat at pool area in this ship as heard someone in video saying you can't..

Plus is there any shops u can buy food to keep snacks in ur cabin? 

Could do with some advice on best  ship chose for caribbean.

5 hours ago, First time cruiser 77 said:

Can you drink and eat at pool area in this ship as heard someone in video saying you can't..

Welcome 2 CC.

6 hours ago, First time cruiser 77 said:

We are due to be on it in Feb 2024, from what I have read there is a pool bar serving drinks, but not food. Not sure about a shot for snacks in the cabin, I wouldn't have thought so. 

On every cruise ship there is a shop that has has supplies like OTC medications, personal hygiene items, and chips and candy where you can stock up on snacks to keep in your cabin. Why you would do that when there is SO MUCH FOOD readily available all over the ship, I have no idea. Every once in a while my husband will buy Pringles or M&Ms from one of those shops onboard and I give him a hard time because it's not like he could possibly be starving!

As for drinks and food in the pool area, they are allowed except *IN* the pool or in the first row of lounge chairs surrounding the pool. Certainly, they are just fine on the pool deck.

One can get a pizza delivered, or go to the onboard shop, or when in port go to Mega Mart or CVS or Walgreens, etc. but do not open factory sealed edibles before boarding back on ship unless one intends on eating it all before boarding. Only factory sealed consumables are allowed back on the ship. We had to get off the ship and buy chocolate bars as the Venchi kiosk ran out of milk chocolate truffles on our cruise.

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

29 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

On every cruise ship there is a shop that has has supplies like OTC medications, personal hygiene items, and chips and candy where you can stock up on snacks to keep in your cabin. Why you would do that when there is SO MUCH FOOD readily available all over the ship, I have no idea. Every once in a while my husband will buy Pringles or M&Ms from one of those shops onboard and I give him a hard time because it's not like he could possibly be starving!

As for drinks and food in the pool area, they are allowed except *IN* the pool or in the first row of lounge chairs surrounding the pool. Certainly, they are just fine on the pool deck.

👍thanks. Just watched so many videos and reviews very unsure about this ship as sooo many bad comments 🙈

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

One can get a pizza delivered, or go to the onboard shop, or when in port go to Mega Mart or CVS or Walgreens, etc. but do not open factory sealed edibles before boarding back on ship unless one intends on eating it all before boarding. Only factory sealed consumables are allowed back on the ship. We had to get off the ship and buy chocolate bars as the Venchi kiosk ran out of milk chocolate truffles on our cruise.

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

😂 thanks just wanted know for evenings that I might not b fit go out with all this partying and eating might just fancy quite nite in lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, First time cruiser 77 said:

Thanks I hope so 2. Can I ask where u on the msc seascape and was it good cruise ship entertainment etc just reading so many bad reviews about it🙈

I haven't been on the Seascape yet. I am planning to sail on her next April. So far, for MSC, I have only sailed on the Meraviglia. I am excited to try the Seascape though. The only thing I am kind of dreading is the elevator situation. I stayed in a hotel in Boston that had elevators that worked the way they do on the Seascape and everyone found them to be confusing and frustrating.

I have sailed on a lot of different cruise ships on four different cruise lines and what I will tell you is that none are perfect. There will always be small annoyances or things that just don't make sense. But I will also tell you that the worst day on a cruise ship is still better than your best day at work, so enjoy all the things that are awesome and go right. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

But I will also tell you that the worst day on a cruise ship is still better than your best day at work, so enjoy all the things that are awesome and go right. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

THIS!!!!  

I board Seascape next week. I have seen all of the reviews that you are mentioning. This will be my first time on MSC, and I have kind of already concluded that I will only sail them in the Yacht Club. I'll firm up that decision (one way or the other) two weeks from from Sunday. 

The cons I have seen that have to do with food are that the only place to get food, that's not at an upcharge, is the buffet and main dining room. The no poolside food comment might come from the fact that on most cruise lines, there's a separate place to get burgers, pizza and such. Not on MSC, therefore the buffet can become very crowded. The other thing about food is that they are a European line, so the portions can be small and the food a little different than the standard American fare.

I don't know what your budget is like, but if you want to be spoiled from ever cruising in a regular cabin, try out an inside yacht club room. For as little as $500-750pp extra, you can experience their ship within a ship concept and be spoiled.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 3:46 PM, JamieLogical said:

I haven't been on the Seascape yet. I am planning to sail on her next April. So far, for MSC, I have only sailed on the Meraviglia. I am excited to try the Seascape though. The only thing I am kind of dreading is the elevator situation. I stayed in a hotel in Boston that had elevators that worked the way they do on the Seascape and everyone found them to be confusing and frustrating.

I have sailed on a lot of different cruise ships on four different cruise lines and what I will tell you is that none are perfect. There will always be small annoyances or things that just don't make sense. But I will also tell you that the worst day on a cruise ship is still better than your best day at work, so enjoy all the things that are awesome and go right. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

What is the deal with the elevators?

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What is the deal with the elevators?

For the elevators, they are a new design that I have seen in some large hotels where rather than just pushing an up or down arrow on the outside, you enter the floor you are going to and are assigned an elevator. The elevator you are assigned will ONLY stop on the floors that it was assigned to go to. There are no buttons for floors inside of the elevators. So, if you get in the wrong elevator, you will not be taken to your floor.

As for fridges, yes, there are mini-fridges in each room. They come pre-stocked with items and if you consume any of those items, you will be charged for them. You can ask your room steward to empty the mini fridge for you and you will not be charged for any of the items and will have room to store your own food and beverages. 

2 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Should one press the elevator key too many times or too many people press the same key too many times one gets this response and the elevator will whisk on by without stopping.

IMG_2943 2.JPG

Oh no. Didn't know about that one.

26 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Should one press the elevator key too many times or too many people press the same key too many times one gets this response and the elevator will whisk on by without stopping.

IMG_2943 2.JPG

I wonder how long it takes to “reset” after it enters this mode?

My office building installed that type of elevator more than 15 years ago.  It was a long learning curve even for many of those who used the 3 elevators every day and visitors really had to hope that someone in the know was waiting to go to the same floor or would take time to explain how it worked.  With experience, I found it very efficient but I have my serious doubts that a 4 or 7 day cruise is enough time for many passengers to get used to it, especially if a heads up with written instructions isn't in the cabin upon check-in.