Updated C&A Member Benefits schedule

cublet

Hello,

I think we were all so consumed by pizzagate that we may not have noticed a new schedule of C&A Benefits.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

The document is for cruises departing on or after 1st September 2023.

Nothing on the grid has jumped out and slapped me around the face but reading the full T&Cs and footnotes may hide something sinister.

Regards,

Cublet

PS: A new X Captains Club benefits schedule has been posted too but does not quote an effective date.

• Thanks 2

Thanks!  I don't remember Hooked being excluded from the $25 off specialty dining for Pinnacles, but I could be wrong. I know it was unfortunately excluded from the BOGO.

$25 off specialty dining on 5+ nights (Oasis® & Quantum® class only — excludes Izumi Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chef’s Table & Hooked Seafood)

2 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Thanks!  I don't remember Hooked being excluded from the $25 off specialty dining for Pinnacles, but I could be wrong. I know it was unfortunately excluded from the BOGO.

$25 off specialty dining on 5+ nights (Oasis® & Quantum® class only — excludes Izumi Hibachi, Teppanyaki, Chef’s Table & Hooked Seafood)

Hello,

How new a venue is 'Hooked Seafood'? Too new to have been included on a previous schedule? Or so new, and popular, Royal only now see the opportunity to squeeze more money out of us.

No specialty restaurant gets my vote, or money, since the demise of Portofino's.

Regards,

Cublet

13 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Thank you.  By any chance does anyone have a copy of the updated amenity choices, especially the wine?  Seems like they were out of quite a few.  I wonder if that has been resolved.

On the chart in the above link, there is a link in the body of that chart to click on that will take you to the amenity list. 

On edit:  It only shows for D+ and P. 

Edited by HicksRA

11 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

On the chart in the above link, there is a link in the body of that chart to click on that will take you to the amenity list. 

On edit:  It only shows for D+ and P. 

Makes sense since D+ and pinns only get to choose amenities. 

Even if wine shows on the list doesnt mean it's in stock, or any other item they show. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Makes sense since D+ and pinns only get to choose amenities. 

Even if wine shows on the list doesnt mean it's in stock, or any other item they show. 

Duh… It’s early and my brain’s not awake yet. I was thinking D’S as well. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

How new a venue is 'Hooked Seafood'? Too new to have been included on a previous schedule? Or so new, and popular, Royal only now see the opportunity to squeeze more money out of us.

No specialty restaurant gets my vote, or money, since the demise of Portofino's.

Regards,

Cublet

I believe Hooked was introduced on Symphony in 2018 so not at all new. It is also on Navigator and Wonder.

Yay for Portofino - loved it!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

The chart shows the BOGO to be available for dinner.  In the past, we've used it for lunch.  Is this a change?

It's never been listed as a perk for lunch since I've been D+, though many have reported they were able to use it for lunch. They want the more expensive dinners on that bogo. .

Just now, firefly333 said:

It's never been listed as a perk for lunch since I've been D+, though many have reported they were able to use it for lunch. They want the more expensive dinners on that bogo. .

Yeah, we'll be on Oasis in a couple of weeks and hope for a BOGO lunch at Giovanni's.  Hope it works.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

It now says must be used 1st or 2nd day. We've always paid 1st or 2nd day but used it later in the week.  If anyone finds the new rule is enforced 9r can we still pay but reserve for later in the week let us know. 

The rule has been must be used on 1st or 2nd day for several years.  Yes, people have paid during that period and used it later.  But the "official" rule has not changed since at least the restart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

The rule has been must be used on 1st or 2nd day for several years.  Yes, people have paid during that period and used it later.  But the "official" rule has not changed since at least the restart.

Ok but I'm going to try for a nother night on our 8 nt.  On our 16 nt alread have Chef's Table booked for 2nd nt so will decide if I want to book another nt.

50 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

This seems to be very ship dependent We sailed with four D+ people.. 

On 12 night Jewel in June, we were able to use it any night so long as it was paid on night 1 or 2. They ran the receipt for both sets of BOGOs on day 1 and our second meal was on day 12. 

On 9 night Oasis in August, we were able to use it any night and they just rang up one meal for each couple on the nights we used it (nights 3 and 6).

I do appreciate the flexibility .

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

It now says must be used 1st or 2nd day. We've always paid 1st or 2nd day but used it later in the week.  If anyone finds the new rule is enforced 9r can we still pay but reserve for later in the week let us know. 

It was enforced on Anthem 3 weeks ago! you had to buy and use it on days 1&2. Will try again tomorrow when we re-board.

I’ve found that if you find one of the Chops/Giovanni’s employees on the first day walking around soliciting, they’re usually more than willing to sell you a BOGO for any night you want because they’re wanting to look good for making sales. 
This has always worked for me. YMMV. 

33 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’ve found that if you find one of the Chops/Giovanni’s employees on the first day walking around soliciting, they’re usually more than willing to sell you a BOGO for any night you want because they’re wanting to look good for making sales. 
This has always worked for me. YMMV. 

How do you know if the: person walking around put it down as a BOGO when they write down the reservation?

12 minutes ago, artvlay said:

How do you know if the: person walking around put it down as a BOGO when they write down the reservation?

Since you have to pay when you make the reservation, you'll know immediately by what they charge you.