Carnival tests reusable liquor bottles

firefly333

22 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Just got off Sunrise and we saw them!  Thought it was a great idea!

Really? Good to hear.

I was reading ncl is discontinuing single use water bottles and using paper bottles. I dont think I'd like a paper bottle but have not seen them. I always thought it kinda dumb to worry about straws and ignore plastic water and soda bottles. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

So now they have the large containers to refill the refillable glass bottles, the completely unnecessary PLASTIC ecoSPIRITS dispensers, the extra water, and detergents and energy to heat and sterilize the refillable bottles. . . and all of this will reduce waste.  🤔

Yeah, cleaning them has me worried. Kinda feel bad for the bartendars that will have yet another thing to clean at the end of their shift.

But really, I see this as a loss prevention scheme. Not that booze is stolen, but we've all seen the bars get busy  and a bartendar will be perhaps overly generous with a pour. This would seem to tighten up their "dispensing" so to speak.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Yeah, cleaning them has me worried. Kinda feel bad for the bartendars that will have yet another thing to clean at the end of their shift.

But really, I see this as a loss prevention scheme. Not that booze is stolen, but we've all seen the bars get busy  and a bartendar will be perhaps overly generous with a pour. This would seem to tighten up their "dispensing" so to speak.

1oz exactly! So much for tipping for heavy pours...

• Like 2

So, if this is proven to be efficient and effective at reducing waste, will there eventually be one of these ecoSPIRITS dispensers for every single bottle at every bar? . . .  Or. . . is it really just a marketing gimmick for Bacardi Rum?

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

15 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

This. As stated, the rum bottles can be recycled. And they will still have to have some container that they buy the rum in. I don't buy the reduced waste excuse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hard_eight said:

1oz exactly! So much for tipping for heavy pours...

This - I've seen multiple pour monitoring services out there (BarVision for one) to eliminate heavy pours. I'm surpised Carnival (or any other cruise line) in an attempt to increase profits even more on beverages - hasn't implemented something like this or gone to measured pourers.

Edited by ElCrapyTan
  • Like 3