A Quintessential Crossing on the Mariner - Live!

vitacura

4 hours ago, dabear said:

I'm looking at that 14 layer chocolate cake & now can't wait until our December voyage on the Grandeur. Was the cake as good tasting as it looks in the picture?

Absolutely incredible! For me, it’s the pistachio sauce that sets it apart.

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

😋  No ice cream with it? 🍨

I would explode.. have to draw the line somewhere! 

• Like 1

Well, what I thought would be a relaxing, leisurely sea day ended up being anything but that! (In a good way!)

I decided to start off the day joining Bruce, our Cruise Consultant, at the Constellation Theatre for the Future Cruise Presentation! 

IMG_2471.thumb.jpeg.8c51b5a63dfb101a4aa71e2e26255e3a.jpeg

Always a fun time, dreaming of possible future cruises and Grand Voyages! It was well attended, but I do think the appeal was also in the raffle for $250 shipboard credit! Alas, I did not win.

Thereafter, Terry Bishop gave an informative lecture entitled: The Lost Civilizations of the Canarias; A land of mummies and giants lost to conquest and greed. His joke: “Mummification: A dying art!” *Badum Tsss

Pool Grill lunch today featured Kebabs & Shawarmas. We did not attend as my wife was at the Connoisseur Wine lunch held in Chartreuse. She had a great time sampling about six different wines, including a bonus one not listed.

IMG_4235.thumb.jpeg.d3562deba00373e31beb24998a50d702.jpeg

As for me, I wandered aimlessly around the ship like a lost puppy! Probably what my wife was thinking, but not really what happened. I attended, but did not participate in, the Officers Challenge game of Top Toss!

IMG_2472.thumb.jpeg.a111ec753d2f2551b773bcc7e5aa6d39.jpeg

I do not know who won as I did depart before it ended to grab a bite at the Coffee Connection as I realized I had skipped breakfast and wasn’t about to wait until dinner for some nutrition… or sugar.. lots of sugar!

IMG_2474.thumb.jpeg.1c73a03358908afb3c43f0293b11cf67.jpeg

Seas were mainly calm, slight rocking motion throughout the day. Pool was filled, loungers on the pool deck full of sun worshippers. As for me, I do enjoy my balcony!

IMG_2467.thumb.jpeg.6f84c88a0db5a8012b3d615266693a62.jpeg

One thing I do like on the Mariner is how they separate Tea Time from Trivia. On our last Navigator cruise they combined both in Galileo’s and it got rather crowded. Here I noticed that while Trivia is held in the Observation Lounge, Afternoon Tea gets the Horizon Lounge! Ample space, soft music, tables galore with the trolley of goodies coming to visit several times. 

IMG_2490.thumb.jpeg.3c2ca20c64df740ce3f14c59c3d3e66e.jpeg

IMG_2492.thumb.jpeg.b607ae748da701389c5e2fc8c8455fb8.jpeg

IMG_2489.thumb.jpeg.6a5a4db5b979b786a32c1ab63ac5bbec.jpeg

Today Afternoon Tea featured Cherries Jubilee, oh my!

Afternoon lecture was by Dr. Douglas Nelson entitled: Globalization Impact; How Atlantic Ocean trade impacted the overall dynamics of globalization. We did miss this lecture, but hope to watch it in our suite tomorrow.

Checking in on our progress..

IMG_2493.thumb.jpeg.7fa52689b3e2009ba3d2d6d8ec929686.jpeg

In the meantime, my wife and I look at each other wondering how we could possibly have room for dinner.. Lunch, Tea Time with sandwiches, scones, sweets and it’s already time to eat again?! Well.. ok. Off to Compass Rose we go with the intention of having one appetizer, soup and another appetizer as our main course. Sounds like a good plan!

IMG_2494.thumb.jpeg.237fa18851fa5640fa52d781ba76ca14.jpeg

That plan went sideways real quick! I do not know what happened but we somehow ended up with two starters, soup and an Entree each. Then, as if that wasn’t bad enough.. I did this.

IMG_2497.thumb.jpeg.e0ae23f9ae72e386ae8621c22e8766aa.jpeg

Excuse me, but who ordered TWO desserts? Oh, I guess that was me.

Pistachio Soufflé and Dark Chocolate Mousse with mango sauce. Dear me.. do I have no self control?! I guess not when it comes to sweets!

Back to our Suite in order to enjoy another beautiful sunset! 

IMG_4261.thumb.jpeg.8139686146a580dd6c9ebd6cf9ea3827.jpeg

I love sea days.. what I thought would be a completely sedentary and relaxing day was anything but!

On a side note, I am glad that they don’t have scales in the bathrooms! 

Tomorrow morning we arrive in Santa Cruz de la Palma of the Canary Islands. Until then.. thanks for following!

Edited by vitacura
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Licking our lips here as we look at your photos - and not long to wait as we get on Mariner in NYC as you get off (?). We’re hoping for a hurricane free journey after that. Tell me, do you book the connoisseur wine lunch once on board? Is it frightfully expensive?!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, claranda said:

Licking our lips here as we look at your photos - and not long to wait as we get on Mariner in NYC as you get off (?). We’re hoping for a hurricane free journey after that. Tell me, do you book the connoisseur wine lunch once on board? Is it frightfully expensive?!

Sadly, I will be getting off in NY.

On embarkation day I asked one of the Sommeliers about tastings they may have planned. There are two Wine tastings, one Cognac and one Macallan tasting on this cruise, all scheduled for sea days.

IMG_2500.thumb.jpeg.4dc78dbbf9eb3d998139858c89d9af69.jpeg

The Wine Lunch pairing is $169/pp, Cognac $125/pp and Macallan at 85/pp. They did announce them in the Passages over the last couple of days as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vitacura said:

Off to Compass Rose we go with the intention of having one appetizer, soup and another appetizer as our main course. Sounds like a good plan!

You can just order the entree to be appetizier size so you are kinda trying to stick to your plan. 🤣

Thanks for posting so we get to come along with you. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

You can just order the entree to be appetizier size so you are kinda trying to stick to your plan. 🤣

Thanks for posting so we get to come along with you. 

Absolutely! One of the things I love of Regent dining, you can pretty much have anything you want when and how you want it!

9 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Can I ask if there is an included wine list please that you would be able to post if not too difficult to do so.

We did blind wine tasting last year, it confirmed what I suspected. I like old world wines not new. 

I will ask for the inclusive wine list and see what arrives!

• Thanks 1

I think we’ll be trying the wine lunch, although we only have one sea day, so we may be too shattered!

Talking of wine, I’ve scrolled back to your useful drinks list and I’m really surprised to see only five complementary white and five complementary red wines available by the glass. Is this just in that bar? Are more wines available in the restaurants and/or on request? 

We’ve tried Viking recently (lots of positives, food lets it down), and they have 13 of each - enough for a couple of nice wine tastings. Can’t believe Regent doesn’t do better. Again, nothing unusual or special in Regent lists; the mass-market Villa Maria SB, duh….

• Like 1

Another beautiful, sunny day for an excursion! Today we were in Santa Cruz de la Palma and we had the second departure of the ‘Charms of the North’ excursion. 

It was a five hour excursion including stops at Casa Lujan with a museum housed in a 17th century estate, Granja los Tumbitos to visit a goat barn and sample some cheese and wine as well as a scenic stop overlooking the black sand beach of Los Nogales. Sounds good, we have our walking shoes on.. let’s go!

First thing I noticed was the modern, comfortable bus for about 16 of us. Our guide was another winner, she was originally from Venezuela but had lived in the UK and Spain for many years. She was engaging, informative and patient with us.

We had a scenic drive from the port to our first stop. 

IMG_4301.thumb.jpeg.a7d52ac049e8dc51226aaa678db2dc45.jpeg

Up the mountain we go to Casa Lujan! A quaint little place that used to be a family estate that dates back to the 1700’s and is now a Museum.

IMG_2505.thumb.jpeg.5cf82b1b417352f32694548487f16524.jpeg

IMG_2506.thumb.jpeg.028e9bbfaa35eccb8585a3b4ea5d50c2.jpeg

IMG_4336.thumb.jpeg.e975e02551ff8720b62a5fcd373ac2fa.jpeg

A two story building with the dormitories and library upstairs. The lower floor was converted and used as a classroom for many years before the conversion into a museum. It has the scariest teacher I have ever seen.

IMG_4344.thumb.jpeg.768566bf2cdd49ea5424ea94696ecc18.jpeg

IMG_4353.thumb.jpeg.e85c22a628e20b07768a8aab06411f41.jpeg

IMG_4367.thumb.jpeg.07b6acaf3fb61579674ac3e6be7c7a39.jpeg

Yikes.. That teacher just gives me the willies! 🙀

The view just outside the home was something to behold!

IMG_4318.thumb.jpeg.7d00e42e6bd9b487cd74df1072bbeec0.jpeg

After our visit there, it was about an hour of scenic, yet twisty and windy roads up to the town of Barlovento. 

We learned that the island used to grow a lot of Sugarcane, but now the main export is.. Bananas! Sing it with me; B-A-N-A-N-A-S! While not truly the main export as they ship most of them to the mainland of Spain, it is the biggest export off the island, closely followed by avocados and dragon fruit! Who knew? Well, now we do!

Upon arriving into the small, family owned farm we spent some time visiting the goats, sheep and chickens!

IMG_2519.thumb.jpeg.43d97c2ef3abdbc3feba430539b478a5.jpeg

IMG_2523.thumb.jpeg.fc9f9a98500cde6be6d3104dcf3b3539.jpeg

IMG_2521.thumb.jpeg.b06a628cc39c4ce401da5d73ddcb1a44.jpeg

Smelly, yet cute bunch! Thereafter, we sat down for some goat cheese and wine. We had plain goat cheese, or we could have it topped with olives or guava paste. This was paired with local wines. 

IMG_2524.thumb.jpeg.ecdad4f6efe72175415f4da45a2adb2a.jpeg

IMG_4451.thumb.jpeg.a616508f6836e5f6d2895dc529f5527a.jpeg

Not bad for a tour of about 16.. we finished off a few bottles!

IMG_2527.thumb.jpeg.3e7635490a7419a8541d3e7944c0224c.jpeg

I will have to do part two of today in another post as it has taken me a few hours to upload the pictures. (Boo!) I don’t want to lose what I have thus far! Stay tuned..

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, claranda said:

I think we’ll be trying the wine lunch, although we only have one sea day, so we may be too shattered!

Talking of wine, I’ve scrolled back to your useful drinks list and I’m really surprised to see only five complementary white and five complementary red wines available by the glass. Is this just in that bar? Are more wines available in the restaurants and/or on request? 

We’ve tried Viking recently (lots of positives, food lets it down), and they have 13 of each - enough for a couple of nice wine tastings. Can’t believe Regent doesn’t do better. Again, nothing unusual or special in Regent lists; the mass-market Villa Maria SB, duh….

Not to worry, there are many, many more wines you can get by the glass. We just sat down in the Horizon Lounge after dinner and my wife got a glass of Cabernet from right here, in La Palma. They have an extensive option of complimentary wines, I am on the hunt for a tentative list.

Mine is the Tiramisu, which features Vodka, Grand Marnier, Baileys and Kahlua.

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.e081ba7d62e1acda4a075d3ab4affbcd.jpeg

• Like 3

Part 2 of our day in Santa Cruz de la Palma.

We left off having cheese and whine.. no, that’s not it.. Cheese and Wine! Yes, that’s better!

Boarded our bus and went back the way we came, hair pin turns and all! Some of these roads were really tight!

IMG_4495.thumb.jpeg.6f6ea7ca9f097a0cfa1bfa0f0c132a96.jpeg

We were headed to a lookout point over a black sand beach, los Nogales, which is a 3 km walk from the nearest road! You have to be really determined to make it there!

IMG_4510.thumb.jpeg.008f94219a093b23d33cc5896ba36486.jpeg

It is hard to tell from the picture, but there were several determined ones living it up down on the beach!

Continuing on the drive back to the ship we see some of the many, many, many.. did I say many? banana plantations we passed. 

IMG_4478.thumb.jpeg.91d019303f89332c6c2b15cb3c7a7452.jpeg

Several tunnels and hair pin turns later.. we are greeted by this sight: 

IMG_4539.thumb.jpeg.6d4160d5fcff4b4ca274fb138814beb7.jpeg

We really did enjoy todays excursion, it was our last chance of stretching our legs before five straight sea days. 

Since we were a late excursion, Sail away was shortly after getting back to the ship.

IMG_4557.thumb.jpeg.6a1b2f3b062fbc8fa145928a34ef8af5.jpeg

Just enough time to be on deck for sail away, freshen up and head to Compass Rose for dinner.

IMG_2558.thumb.jpeg.5638364392b1ec3c0cbf003aa3b8a7dd.jpeg

Not the best picture, but my wife started with the Black Angus Beef Tartare.

IMG_4563.thumb.jpeg.35b5e0ae6af6c1839dcfa93e6b71feb6.jpeg

I don’t know what it is.. but somehow I’m ordering two desserts again! Must be something in the water..

IMG_2559.thumb.jpeg.7fa614eaa62d93a5300e1738517866d2.jpeg

I had the Passion Fruit Soufflé and the Floating Island. Absolutely delicious!

Had a pre show cocktail, mentioned in an earlier post. Then off to the Constellation Theater for the first show of the Mariner Production Company: Divos & Divas!

IMG_2564.thumb.jpeg.845270c935ce1e3577b7472fd0f8214d.jpeg

It was a great show featuring songs from Neil Diamond, Lady Gaga, Elton John, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Ricky Martin, Stevie Wonder and many more.. quite a fun show! My one nitpick, would be that the Regent Orchestra music would drown out the main voices in a few of the songs. 

We are officially headed west towards Bermuda, unless Lee has something to say about it…

IMG_2557.thumb.jpeg.e7e8acb6dafb2d9948e853c8ba05ee9d.jpeg

We set the clocks back one hour tonight. Looking forward to what the sea days ahead of us bring! 

As always, thanks for following!

Edited by vitacura
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, vitacura said:

Absolutely! One of the things I love of Regent dining, you can pretty much have anything you want when and how you want it!

I was pleasantly surprised on Mariner how true your statement is.  We were dining with new acquaintances when the dessert in Compass Rose was apple pie.  Our table mate from the Midwest mentioned he would like a piece of peach pie.  So when the waiter came back, I asked what are the chances of finding a piece of Peach pie?

He went to the galley and a few minutes later came back saying, come tomorrow night.  So the four of us made a date for dinner in Compass Rose.  What a special treat.  They had prepared a special peach pie for us.  It was the absolute best pie I have ever eaten.  It wasn't runny with filling like many other places serve.  The center was not overly sweet but the filling could stand on it's own. Mostly it was fresh peaches. It was still warm! Absolutely INCREDIBLE!

A few days later we were dining together again and they surprised us with another round of fresh warm peach pie with ice cream.  That was so memorable that they would do that for just regular passengers.  There was nothing special about us.

Thank you so much for a wonderful report on your cruise!!!! Your pictures are great. You have a good eye.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I was pleasantly surprised on Mariner how true your statement is.  We were dining with new acquaintances when the dessert in Compass Rose was apple pie.  Our table mate from the Midwest mentioned he would like a piece of peach pie.  So when the waiter came back, I asked what are the chances of finding a piece of Peach pie?

He went to the galley and a few minutes later came back saying, come tomorrow night.  So the four of us made a date for dinner in Compass Rose.  What a special treat.  They had prepared a special peach pie for us.  It was the absolute best pie I have ever eaten.  It wasn't runny with filling like many other places serve.  The center was not overly sweet but the filling could stand on it's own. Mostly it was fresh peaches. It was still warm! Absolutely INCREDIBLE!

A few days later we were dining together again and they surprised us with another round of fresh warm peach pie with ice cream.  That was so memorable that they would do that for just regular passengers.  There was nothing special about us.

I love hearing experiences like this! It is true, Regent only needs 24 hours to accommodate most culinary requests.

Small details like that can truly create life-long memories!  😀 (And Loyalty!)

• Like 3

Now all I want is peach pie and I don’t even like peach pie!! Regent’s service is just the best.

You are lucky that you were able to visit Morocco before yesterday’s earthquake! It also looks as though hurricane Lee is moving slow enough that you will not be impacted. Only and all good thoughts going your way!

Before your report, I was not feeling 100% about the Mariner but I am now. Thank you and I look forward to more great pictures and info.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, seasickphil said:

I'm jealous, most of the 12 nights i recently spent on Splendor i couldn't tackle one dessert [too full] let alone two.😬😬

I solved that problem on last cruise; I ordered a Popcorn Sundae for appetizer in Prime 7.  Pastry chef doesn't come on until 1900 so you can't do it before then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, vitacura said:

It was a great show featuring songs from Neil Diamond, Lady Gaga, Elton John, Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Ricky Martin, Stevie Wonder and many more..

I love how different the D&D shows are on the different ships. Ours on Splendor included Queen, Diana Ross and Madonna. While on Explorer last Christmas the show included Tina Turner, with a singer who was as good as the singer in London’s West End version of Tina The Musical.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, claranda said:

You can order any included wine in any bar or restaurant. If they have to go to another location to get it, it might take a little while. You can also request a bottle for your suite.

• Like 1

@vitacuraThank you for taking us along on your wonderful cruise adventure. We've booked our 1st Regent cruise....on Mariner....from Miami to NYC May 17 '23. We've cruised since 1987 but mostly on Royal Caribbean and more recently Celebrity in the Retreat. We're really excited to try Regent! Your posts with pictures of menus, drink/wine lists, food etc are very helpful and informative and I'm looking forward to seeing more. 

@2012_Alaska_bound Is there a master list of "included" wine?  

• Like 1

I must apologize for not posting yesterday. I attempted several times to get on, but the Wi-Fi was down most of the morning and abysmal in the afternoon. I was at the Coffee Connection enjoying some Caffeine, which may or may not have been mixed with alcohol, and the poor Internet Manager had a line 10 guests deep, and they were not happy!

Thankfully, it’s working much better today. I will do my best to recap yesterday, our first of five sea days as well as post a picture or two. 

Let me start by going back to Friday, when we were in Santa Palma. As we did the late excursion, I missed all the on board events. 

Breakfast in La Veranda that morning featured Sangria & Frittatas, while the afternoon Tea Time theme was Flambé! I was sad to miss that one.

Crew emergency drill during the late morning, I always appreciate how serious they take safety! 

I think that catches up to where my review left off, at the Divo’s and Divas show!

IMG_4574.thumb.jpeg.1ba8e9faf7f17f9f6c516e4a0dde223c.jpeg

After the show, we headed to the Stars Lounge for a night cap and found it to be a lively place with the singing of The Two of Us duo, dancing by guests and the shaking of shakers in the bar! Love it!

The duo singing for us were Talo from Uruguay and Mica from Argentina. Not the best picture, apologies.

IMG_2574.thumb.jpeg.2a1131de6ab7d827a2a525a126d3833a.jpeg

Drinks were quick to arrive, the mood set and we were happy campers!

IMG_2571.thumb.jpeg.f8307207821e02f8d0271c05433d4df8.jpeg

What a fun vibe!

The Horizon Lounge had Sinatra and Friends; ‘Rat Pack’ music, while the Mariner Lounge had Pianist Alexander playing some lovely tunes, so if this wasn’t your jam, you had choices!

We had a nasty surprise waiting for us when we got back to the cabin.. NO, not old pizza! But something almost as bad.. the Disembarkation Questionnaire!! Boo..

Clocks went back an hour and we had a sea day ahead of us. That brings about a relaxing morning!

La Veranda featured Saturday Marys, Bloody Mary’s any way you would like!

This mornings lecture was by Terry Bishop: Atlantis -A Land that Time Remembers. Where and when? Fact or Fiction? 

Terry is a great speaker, we are very much enjoying his lectures on this cruise. Apparently not all of his luggage made it on the ship in time for the crossing! Poor guy..

Off to the Pool grill for lunch, today they featured Asian Buffet.

When ordering from the grill, I remember on the Navigator, pre-Covid, these were found on the tables. Now they bring them with your order and they are slightly chilled. Nice touch, and safer than letting them sit in the sun!

IMG_2593.thumb.jpeg.abbc30eb4e17b450d2f6442669e46a1f.jpeg

My apple/cider themed drinks for lunch continue. Sadly, this is the only option on board.

IMG_2591.thumb.jpeg.8966ddc709d426f69b52730138fcfa13.jpeg

Afternoon lecture by Dr Nelson was: The Path to the New World Discovery. Uncovering the backstory on Columbus’ significant discovery of the New World. Quite interesting, he gave lots of not so well known tidbits. Both guest speakers are very entertaining!

While the Mrs was making another donation to the Spa, I wandered the ship a bit, and found maintenance hard at work. Painting the outside decks, elevators and coffee machines being worked on. Elevator was promptly put back into service. The crew truly work hard, and they all wear smiles!

IMG_2468.thumb.jpeg.64d357e16a2bd2e67f7bba4586eb59a2.jpeg

IMG_2473.thumb.jpeg.b6c6c9146e1acbb5928c5c3f9da49ff4.jpeg

Afternoon Tea Time today featured Pound Cake. The chocolate one was just divine!

This evening was the Seven Seas Society Cocktail Reception, followed by dinner with the Executive Concierge, William Gómez and Boutique Manager Chavelli Longhi.

William hails from Peru and Chavelli from Brazil.

But first we are at the Cocktail Reception!

IMG_4580.thumb.jpeg.4d0a10bb03f5d04a2080750f3e880750.jpeg

Caviar, canapés, champagne and the Regent Seven Seas drink.

They honored some milestones reached, including crew! We had three crew reach 5 years of service and two reached ten years! Wonderful!

IMG_2596.thumb.jpeg.4f56602c0e8af719a571b278454ca194.jpeg

Some notes on this sailing made by Cruise Consultant Bruce:

394 Returning guests, the highest number on a single sailing from the entire Mediterranean season!

228 Silver, 92 Gold, 54 Platinum, 18 Titanium, 2 Diamond guests on board.

Accumulate everyone’s night and we are over 45,000, impressive!

This excludes our dear friend, ‘Captain Jablin’ who resides on board. We love seeing him on his daily walks.

Dinner in Compass Rose was lovely. Conversations flowed and stories shared with our new friends, William and Chavelli. Of course, the Miso Glazed Sea Bass was a complete hit, served with the sticky rice and a lime wedge, one of my favorites!

After dinner, we headed to the Constellation Theater for tonight’s performance by Michelle Montouri. Half singing, half comedy. She has a great voice as well as a sense of humor and gets the audience involved. Not what I originally expected, but we did enjoy! She had the audience in stitches..

IMG_4589.thumb.jpeg.5a066ac8ced0aa635ea1b9fc79db448b.jpeg

We skipped Karaoke in the Stars Lounge this evening, I would eventually want to participate, but need a lot more liquid courage than what I consumed last night!

Clocks went back another hour last night, I can get used to this! 

This morning, just prior to 8am an announcement was made ship wide, and in the suites, summoning the stretcher team to a guests suite. Hope they are ok!

A quick look at our position as of this morning:

IMG_2600.thumb.jpeg.2456728afcc0799c0d1405f086bcce75.jpeg

Seas have remained calm, today is day two of five sea days. 
I feel like this was a longer post, had to catch up and it seems most of the pictures have uploaded, with only a few that refuse. Mainly of the food.

As always, thanks for following!

Edited by vitacura
  • Like 7

On 9/9/2023 at 12:02 AM, Zqueeze1 said:

Wow!  What a wonderful thread!  We are thoroughly enjoying your narrative and pics and look forward for more.  Enjoy your cruise and keep up the two-dessert regimen. 

V/R

Z and TB

Thank you so much. I intend to keep trying as many desserts as I can, at least for as long as my clothes fit!

19 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Now all I want is peach pie and I don’t even like peach pie!! Regent’s service is just the best.

You are lucky that you were able to visit Morocco before yesterday’s earthquake! It also looks as though hurricane Lee is moving slow enough that you will not be impacted. Only and all good thoughts going your way!

Before your report, I was not feeling 100% about the Mariner but I am now. Thank you and I look forward to more great pictures and info.

Yes, we had such a lovely time in Morocco the day before. We were quite saddened to hear about the earthquake the following day. Having lived through several in my lifetime, my heart goes out to all those affected. 

I am glad to hear that my thoughts, impressions and pictures on this cruise have helped. The ship seems to be in good shape, but the crew are working really hard to go above and beyond!

11 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

@vitacuraThank you for taking us along on your wonderful cruise adventure. We've booked our 1st Regent cruise....on Mariner....from Miami to NYC May 17 '23. We've cruised since 1987 but mostly on Royal Caribbean and more recently Celebrity in the Retreat. We're really excited to try Regent! Your posts with pictures of menus, drink/wine lists, food etc are very helpful and informative and I'm looking forward to seeing more. 

@2012_Alaska_bound Is there a master list of "included" wine?  

Thank you, I will do my best to keep the review and pictures coming! Starlink is scheduled to be put on the Mariner, hope that improves things. Yesterday, for about five hours the internet was so slow, it was practically unusable. Come on, Regent.. up that budget a bit for Internet! 🙃

I did ask for a list of the inclusive wines. Hope to see that show up in my suite any time and will share when I do. 

• Like 4