LIVE Insignia NY to Bermuda 9/6-9/13

rxlowry

Rainy arrival to NYC. We had a nice relaxing dinner at the buffet last night. The grilled shrimp and lobster were awesome. I did some writing yesterday so after our drive home, I’ll get some days posted.  
They are starting disembarking now but we are up in Horizons waiting for our group to be called.  
I think I’ll post a review at the end here with some thoughts 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, rxlowry said:

We did get two jackets with our big O points thanks to our team mates!  Redemption was very organized and lots of selection. 

image.jpg

How many points did it take for the jackets?  What were some of the other choices offered?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

The jackets were 60 points.  They had polos, tshirts, exercise shirts, hats, socks, mugs…

How are points awarded?  Do you get more points if you win and do you get them by participating in the events?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Points? From Trivia?

7 minutes ago, BSR said:

How are points awarded?  Do you get more points if you win and do you get them by participating in the events?

You get the Big O points for Trivia, Baggo(Cornhole), Shuffleboard, Putting, Ping Pong, Mensa Quiz, Art Scavenger hunt, and I'm sure some other things I've forgotten. 

You only get points for winning 1st, 2nd or 3rd in Trivia, and of course 1st gets more than 3rd. There is no participation trophy. Some activities do give you a point for playing. It all depends on who is running things. There are various ways to get points. We have a lot of stuff and unless they come out with new stuff don't really find anything we want. Many times we give extras to others on our trivia team or maybe just a random person in line that needs a few more points to get a shirt or a hat or something. 

60 Points is a bargain for the jacket. They must have a lot of those. We have one each and gave one to BIL for Christmas, although he's never been on Oceania.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ORV said:

You get the Big O points for Trivia, Baggo(Cornhole), Shuffleboard, Putting, Ping Pong, Mensa Quiz, Art Scavenger hunt, and I'm sure some other things I've forgotten. 

You only get points for winning 1st, 2nd or 3rd in Trivia, and of course 1st gets more than 3rd. There is no participation trophy. Some activities do give you a point for playing. It all depends on who is running things. There are various ways to get points. We have a lot of stuff and unless they come out with new stuff don't really find anything we want. Many times we give extras to others on our trivia team or maybe just a random person in line that needs a few more points to get a shirt or a hat or something. 

60 Points is a bargain for the jacket. They must have a lot of those. We have one each and gave one to BIL for Christmas, although he's never been on Oceania.

PS, I've always liked the Big O points name, as it's been one of my numerous nicknames from a young age. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ORV said:

PS, I've always liked the Big O points name, as it's been one of my numerous nicknames from a young age. 

Do you like the Big O martini as well?  It’s such a funny thing to ask a bartender for. 

IMG_4791.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Do you like the Big O martini as well?  It’s such a funny thing to ask a bartender for. 

IMG_4791.jpeg

Yes I do, my wife likes it also, many times we just get that and tell them one each. 

• Like 2

The last night it was only a movie in the theater.  Pretty lame as this was the second night of showing a movie as the big entertainment.

The showband did perform for one hour at 10pm.  Afterwards, I noticed a couple sitting at the bar doing needlepoint and engaging in a drink contest.  They took turns choosing shots and were served so quickly.  I probably watched 5 or 6 in about 15 minutes. They even did Macallan Quest as a shot! At one point, she asked the bartender what to try and he replied you’ve tried it all.  She seemed unfazed.  I would have sown my hand into the needlepoint. The husband was feeling it and I made him a white flag out of my napkin and stirrer.  She sounded so sober it was mind boggling.  Definitely found entertainment.  We left before they did but hopefully he wasn’t feeling too bad in the morning. They were staying overnight in nyc so no flight to catch. 
I’m finishing up some more blog posts but thought I’d share this story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

On 9/6/2023 at 6:53 PM, Sthrngary said:

@rxlowry You literally made my day. My wife and I have been on Keto losing weight and I have not had BREAD in a very long time.  My cruise on Oceania is in 60 day and I am taking your lead on the Waves Grill.  Thank you for responding while on your vacation.  Much appreciated.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog,  Not sure if you checked the box to let you know if other comments made but I wrote you a message there!  

• Thanks 1

Updated the blog again…one more day to go…I’ll post that tomorrow along with my final thoughts for cruise critic.  I’m debating making that a separate post or just ending with that here.  It will be a lot of great things with a few needs improvements.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rxlowry said:

Updated the blog again…one more day to go…I’ll post that tomorrow along with my final thoughts for cruise critic.  I’m debating making that a separate post or just ending with that here.  It will be a lot of great things with a few needs improvements.

Maybe both?  I have enjoyed and learned from you and the comments on this thread, so thank you 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog,  Not sure if you checked the box to let you know if other comments made but I wrote you a message there!  

@rxlowry I did not click that box.  My mistake.  I looked back and think you for your response.  Love the blog.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

On 9/15/2023 at 7:46 AM, rxlowry said:

Alpacamybagsblog (dot com)

Read your blog...very enjoyable read.  My friends are aboard with you, and they told me about that "trivia wiz" who was using his phone for answers.   If Ray Carr had been the CD, he would permanently ban that guy from Oceania trivia...

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Read your blog...very enjoyable read.  My friends are aboard with you, and they told me about that "trivia wiz" who was using his phone for answers.   If Ray Carr had been the CD, he would permanently ban that guy from Oceania trivia...

That is really cheeky  

They should be banned from playing no matter who is in charge of the game

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bob brown said:

Wonder if your friends were on my team???

• Like 1