Canaletto daily specials?

canadarocks

26 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Good to know, thanks. Now I just need to know what they are… 😋

That was true for the old Canaletto menu - when it the specials for all 7 days were listed on the menu and they never varied.  Clearly the ship would have all of the ingredients onboard so making the Tuesday special as a special order on a different night was easy to accomodate.  With the new menu I'm not sure we know how the specials work.  Will it be a rotating weekly schedule?  Will it vary seasonally?  Will it be based on what Seattle has purchased for them that particular cruise?  Will it just be a different fish each day?

Bottom line, I don't think anyone knows yet.  Some ships haven't transitioned to the new menu yet, so your odds would be better there.  Perhaps Roger (CrewsNews) will find out on his next sailing 😉

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, houstonheels said:

Hi, Are the menus that HAL currently shows online for Canaletto, Tamarind, and the Pinnacle Grill out of date?  Are you on board now so you see the daily MDR menus?  Thanks!  

Not onboard but I have a cruise booked for next year, so I can access menus on my Navigator. On the Eurodam at least, Canaletto has the new menu not the old one on HAL’s website. 

And yes I can see the daily MDR menus that the Eurodam is currently using.

Edited by canadarocks

6 hours ago, Crew News said:

Here is the new Canaletto Menu that has "Rotating Daily Specials" and to ask your waiter.

Thanks, but not a making reservation until I know what the special is. Don't really care for any of the regular entrees. With the "old" menu, I dined there on Sundays and Wednesdays.

• Like 2

With the old Canaletto menu, I dined at the Canaletto on Mondays for the ossobuco special.  Now ossobucco is available every night so now I can have ossobucco on a different night and watch Monday Night Football while on a cruise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Crew News said:

With the old Canaletto menu, I dined at the Canaletto on Mondays for the ossobuco special.  Now ossobucco is available every night so now I can have ossobucco on a different night and watch Monday Night Football while on a cruise.

Exactly what I wanted to know!  My husband loves the Osso bucco so I’ll reserve soon as on the ship in November.  

9 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

The same menu that my Navigator App shows for Oosterdam November 2023, except the daily special is in blue and says grilled beef tenderloin?

Interesting.  Perhaps the Oosterdam has already established their specials rotation.  Please check every few days to see if it changes and let us know.  I will be onboard on Oct 6th and this subject will be one that I discuss with the Canaletto Manager.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Rotterdam in March '23, they were experimenting with the new Canaletto menu at that time.

Chicken Parmesan, which had been the Sunday daily special on the old menu, was available every day on the new one. Now, I don't see it available at all. Does anyone know if it's been moved back to being a daily special or eliminated altogether?

We will be on Rotterdam again in January 2024 and hope Chicken Parm will be available at some point.

Edited by donpat65