Minigolf on Indy, Heads-Up

TBone2K

I know how some people here react to complaints and this isn't intended to be one. Just a bit of advice from our experience on Independence of the Seas. You know how the minigolf is right at the front of the ship on deck 13? Don't minigolf during departure. 🫢Ship sounded the horn to leave port... I don't know what the DB level is, but wow! The golf is right in the line of fire of the horn. My ears were ringing for quite a while after that. On person actually ran. 6-year old DS refused to play mini golf again, but there were lots of other things to do, so we didn't miss it. First time on Indy since it was upgraded and he loved the splash pad and water slides.

Anytime you're up on the top decks outside, you will encounter this.  The horn is for other ships to hear so it has to be loud.  It can happen anytime due to ship traffic, entering/leaving port,or poor weather.

Just now, BND said:

Anytime you're up on the top decks outside, you will encounter this.  The horn is for other ships to hear so it has to be loud.  It can happen anytime due to ship traffic, entering/leaving port,or poor weather.

True, but deck 13 forward you are like 10 feet in front of the horn.  This is vastly different from being elsewhere on outer decks, behind the horn, much further away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

They should give a quick warning to cover your ears.

A few years back we were leaving from Charleston on a cruise and the horn blew as we were in the front of the ship...   The guy next to us jumped so high he dumped his drink all over himself.  We still laugh about it to this day.

• Like 1

Wow - they obviously move the mini golf since I was onboard last. LOL!  ANother thing to be careful of is the edging around the mini golf courses on all the RCI ships. We were on the Oasis about a year ago and playing at dusk and my wife didn't see the edging in the low light and proceeded to trip and break her hand and glasses. 

We were up on Navigator's mini golf (same location) last month at Sail away.  Of course I knew it was coming so plugged my ears and warned the others to do so also.  No listened... they regretted their poor decision 🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier

I remember being on the Grandeur when we sailed out of Barbados in December 2021.  We were out on the top deck next to a snoring passenger taking videos.  The horn went off right next to us.  We still have a great video of our snoring deckmate jumping up and falling over his chair and his plate of food.  We have edited it to be slo mo.  Yes we are immature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/8/2023 at 11:19 AM, TBone2K said:

I know how some people here react to complaints and this isn't intended to be one. Just a bit of advice from our experience on Independence of the Seas. You know how the minigolf is right at the front of the ship on deck 13? Don't minigolf during departure. 🫢Ship sounded the horn to leave port... I don't know what the DB level is, but wow! The golf is right in the line of fire of the horn. My ears were ringing for quite a while after that. On person actually ran. 6-year old DS refused to play mini golf again, but there were lots of other things to do, so we didn't miss it. First time on Indy since it was upgraded and he loved the splash pad and water slides.

🤣