Photos of a 4 people interior cabin?

jc.christian

Hey, cruise newbie here.

It's very hard to find photos/videos of a 4 people interior cabin. Everywhere I look there is only a single double bed, but the site says it accommodates 4 people, how!?

I'm looking to book a cruise with Costa or MSC, leaving from a Spanish city (Barcelona, Valencia, etc.).

I think Costa Firenze interior 4 people cabin has 2 beds coming from the ceiling and a double bed below (that seems quite claustrophobic), while Costa Smeralda has a bunkbed and a double bed (way better). But, are ALL internal cabins in Smeralda like that or there are some with the ceiling bed? I want to make sure I get the one with bunkbed.

As for MSC, I could not find a single photo/video/description of their interior 4 people cabin.

For an interior cabin for 4 people, no matter the cruise line, you are pretty much looking at 2 lowers and 2 uppers. Because of the ladders, the 2 lowers will probably need to be separated. Yes, it will be extremely tight. Definitely not recommended unless two of the four are under 12.

• Thanks 1

You would have to confirm through the cruise line directly or through a travel agent what interior staterooms have which bed configuration. But IMO the murphy-style beds that are extended from the ceiling or side walls are typically very comfortable.  Agree, however, that unless two of the guests are children it will be rather crowded. Plus you will all share a single bathroom.  Most cruise websites will provide generic stateroom pictures with a bed descriptor, although all four beds "opened" will not likely be shown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every ship we have been on the main bed is usually nearly as wide as a king which splits into two twins even though the photo may not make it appear so.  Than the upper bunks which need ladders.  Otherwise cabins may have a sleeper sofa and a trundle but that was really short for an adult to sleep on- but kids may think it is fun.

• Thanks 1

image.png.07930f4d3bc2b7f8903cbbe319417602.png

This is what I have seen in the past, or a variation of this.  Not very roomy for 4 adults, and if you want to spend any time in the cabin other than sleeping, then you are on top of each other - literally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found the lengthy You Tube reviews of ships often show the cabin and they tend to be in interior cabins themselves. Look for the ones over 30 minutes long and skim through quickly to see the cabins. 

I have slept on the upper beds as a fully grown human and found them very comfortable. And the room would be fine for a short cruise. 

Maybe a travel agent could help you get the room you need? 

We did this when the kids were small -- looked much like the picture CDNPolar provided.  You could do a big bed /two bunks up, but that walking space in the middle just seems most practical.  It worked, and it was what we could afford back then.  No complaints.  

Thoughts on four in a room: 

- This is more do-able for a short cruise than a long one.  

- People who pack lightly will be more successful with multiple people in the room.  

- What'll really get you isn't the lack of walking around space; no, what'll get you is storage and bathrooms.  

- Consider choosing a cabin near a public bathroom (or the gym, which has showers) so the adults in the room can use the public facilities.  

- I've heard of people bringing a shower curtain /blocking off the bed area so they have two separate "rooms" -- could be practical to allow the children to sleep, while the adults are still sitting in the sofa area.  

- This concept is only for people who are easy-going and have a good attitude.

• Like 1

You won’t find any inside cabins with a sofa area.  You will be lucky to find any with a comfy chair, although I did see some on MSC Divina.  Finding a TA with following Caribbean cruise may be a challenge.  And are you planning to fly back?  You might look at P&O-UK ships Arvin and Britannia that do TA itineraries to Barbados and then continue with southern Caribbean cruises.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

You won’t find any inside cabins with a sofa area.  You will be lucky to find any with a comfy chair, although I did see some on MSC Divina.

RCCL, for one, has several inside categories that offer a sofa along with the beds. In many cases they convert to a sofa bed for the 3rd / 4th passenger sleeping area in staterooms configured for those additional passengers. In fact the family interior stateroom holds up to six in a combination of standard twin beds, sofa bed, and bunk beds.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

- Consider choosing a cabin near a public bathroom (or the gym, which has showers) so the adults in the room can use the public facilities.  

I thought of this when replying, as we always know where the public bathroom is closest to our room and on our preferred cruise line and where we prefer to have a cabin on the ship, it is generally only a hop, skip, and jump away.  Even as two people in the cabin, there have been times where the need for the bathroom happens at the same time and one will leave the cabin.  I cannot imagine 4 people sharing a single bathroom on a cruise ship.  This would bring back memories of childhood and timed slots for the bathroom.

15 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

You won’t find any inside cabins with a sofa area ... 

I can't claim knowledge about all cruise lines, but Royal Caribbean's interior cabins definitely have a seating area.  Regular interior cabins have a sofa, whereas connecting interior cabins have an overstuffed chair and a door to the adjacent cabin.