Hideaway Beach at Perfect Day

14 hours ago, seasidemama said:

I didn't read through this entire thread. I just have one question:  What is included in this "pass" other than access to an adult only beach?  Are there any amenities/specialty restaurants etc. similar to the beach club that you CAN'T get for free in Coco Cay proper or is the payment for a kid free beach experience and nothing else?

Pizza, but I don't think many of us are super-motivated by even the best slice.  

• Like 1

LOTS of people are saying -- and I'm with them -- they're turned off by the idea of a loud DJ in this adults-only area.  But I think I know why Royal's going this direction: 

They've gotta offer SOMETHING to entice people to the area.  Something more than an exclusive location.  People who want a quiet day in a lounger with a view of the ocean and quiet to read their book aren't willing to pay $$$$.  

• Like 1

Just now, GimmeOcean said:

20 years ago I might have been more enticed by the "all party all day" vibe, but even then I'd have preferred to sit at the beach and hear beach sounds.

I was never the all-out party girl.  I went to clubs in college only because it was expected and because my friends were going.  Even when I was (what I perceive as) Royal's target age for this beach, I would rather have had a quiet evening talking or playing board games. 

So, yeah, I'm not paying for the club-on-the-beach vibe.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pinnacleguy2023 said:

looks nice but i wish it was 21 years and older 

I do too, and while it's not my vibe, I'll likely try it once to see how it is, depending on pricing.  I don't have a cruise headed there though after this year so I'll be able to read first hand reviews.  

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

People moving on is nothing new.  You just read about it more because some need to post daily that they are leaving.  

Cc users represent less than 1% and probably  even less these days of cruisers, so most of the data on here is irrelevant to the Big Corps 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Oh no...it's a requirement for RCI to put every ship there on every itinerary.  😄 

And now Celebrity is stopping at CC..............perhaps RCCL needed to have an "adults only" option for the "X" cruisers. I am on "X" now and don't think that the clientele are DJ and party fans..........just sayin'. CC will be like Nassau for us - stay on the ship for an "adult experience" - peace and quiet and short lines for lunch!!!!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

😉 It’s everywhere -Nice one 

Maybe big wigs at Royal will see it and have a good chuckle 

Maybe I should email it to M Bayley??😇  I figured some on here are not on that  not to be named social media site

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh no...it's a requirement for RCI to put every ship there on every itinerary.  😄 

Boy did they scr%% up with us...20 cruises booked between now and April 2025, and half do not stop at Coco Cay😉

No big deal however, because we only get off there long enough to have lunch anyway😇

Edited by orville99
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Cc users represent less than 1% and probably  even less these days of cruisers, so most of the data on here is irrelevant to the Big Corps 

Admittedly, I don't have a "business brain", but it seems to me this board is an insight into how frequent cruisers think -- for free.  I think if I were RC, I'd have someone peruse these boards once a week or so /report back the findings.  

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Boy did they scr%% up with us...20 cruises booked between now and April 2025, and half do not stop at Coco Cay😉

No big deal however, because we only get off there long enough to have lunch anyway😇

I do enjoy the lunch on Coco Cay. 

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I would have, and I bet many others also would have. 

See, I wouldn't because I can get that quiet spot by the ocean for free at Chill Island.  I was 100% satisfied.  

What does concern me is that they're building up for-cost stuff all over Coco Cay, and it may end up limiting the "no cost" spots.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Indeed...we just get off the ship there early before the masses...walk around the whole perimeter....or at least the part they still let you do so, (we used to be able to walk all the way to the far end).  Pick up a couple of "Coco Locos", quick early lunch at Chill Grill...(love their taco bar) and then back to the now uncrowded ship.  ☺️

• Like 4

My DH and I explored this option yesterday for our impending May Allure cruise.  We enjoyed the Beach Club last May but agree it's a one-and-done experience.  We live in Central Florida, so a beach or pool day holds no interest to us.   We plan to stay on the ship that day and enjoy having the ship to ourselves.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

LOTS of people are saying -- and I'm with them -- they're turned off by the idea of a loud DJ in this adults-only area.  But I think I know why Royal's going this direction: 

They've gotta offer SOMETHING to entice people to the area.  Something more than an exclusive location.  People who want a quiet day in a lounger with a view of the ocean and quiet to read their book aren't willing to pay $$$$.  

Part of the problem with offering a paid, quiet, private beach with Hideaway is there's already one in the form of the Beach Club. Since Royal is choosing to make this an upcharge,  there needs to be some differentiation besides more people and less upscale food offerings at a lower price.

I'm kinda surprised with the direction they took this that admission isn't over $100 and includes two complementary drinks while in the area. Might as well go all the way with the beach party vibe.