Favorite bar on Adventure

Beachfrog

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas next month!  This is our first time on Royal Caribbean. We like to enjoy a couple of cocktails at the bar and talk and watch the bartenders before going to dinner. For those of you who have sailed on Adventure, do you have a favorite spot you can recommend? 

4 minutes ago, Beachfrog said:

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas next month!  This is our first time on Royal Caribbean. We like to enjoy a couple of cocktails at the bar and talk and watch the bartenders before going to dinner. For those of you who have sailed on Adventure, do you have a favorite spot you can recommend? 

Boleros.

59 minutes ago, Beachfrog said:

Wow, thanks for the quick responses! Do these bars get pretty crowded at dinner time?

Schooner bar gets busy because it is the venue for events like trivia and later a piano man. It depends what time your dinner is.

Boleros tends to have live music sessions.

Champagne bar doesn’t hold events and is just conversation.

Edited by c-leg5

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Deck 12 Viking Crown Lounge Blue Moon, very comfortable seating, 10 foot floor to ceiling windows. We always hit the Viking Crown Lounge before late dinner at least two or three times. Only negative for you would be if they use it for DL overflow and you can not get in.

image.png.5f4c3c552ba83a7f9a2a8ff5bf93a083.png image.png.ccb5757dcc4df8a7efa9f40edc0fc549.png

This is a very  old photograph as Freddie Mercury is in the shot. 

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Seems like we have covered everywhere except the pool bars!

Basically comes down to your preference in entertainment.

Don’t really care for the pool bars. It may just be me, but the bartenders are so rushed and the drinks don’t taste as good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beachfrog said:

Don’t really care for the pool bars. It may just be me, but the bartenders are so rushed and the drinks don’t taste as good.

LOL, it was a joke! Pool bar wouldn’t be my choice for pre-dinner drinks unless you are watching a film on big screen.

You have had recommendations for every bar on the ship so as I said it comes down to what entertainment you want in the background. Probably best to try them all and reach your own conclusion. Depending on your dinner time some bars will be on a break from musicians anyway.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

The bar we spend the most time in depends on the entertainment, schooner has a piano player , pub a guitar player , bolereros a Latin band , so depending on how much we like the musicians that the bar we hang out at. 

I agree.

We did 30+ nights on Adventure last year and I think we maybe did 30 minutes in the Schooner Bar. It has been our favorite on other ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Problem with Schooner for pre-dinner drinks is that they usually have trivia until 5 and it can be very hard to find a seat.  (depending on Dinner time)

Good to know! We have a 5:30 dinner time. But then, drinks are good after dinner too! 😉