Lock your cabin door

BamaVol

16 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

My best friend had this happen to her on multiple occasions, one Princess  cruise. The steward repeatedly would just barge in. Several times, we’ve had one do a quick three knock and immediately open the door before you could even have a chance to say someone’s in here. There should be better training about this for the stewards.

Maybe they should be required to do the Sheldon Cooper knock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Conversely, that would mean that DND could be turned on by anybody walking down the hall. How idiotic but then it's Princess IT.

At one time until last cruise I thought only the occupants could change the do not disturb and attendant service call, but I found out that I could change it without having my medallion on me.

I suppose they didn't take that into consideration when developing the software.  

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

At one time until last cruise I thought only the occupants could change the do not disturb and attendant service call, but I found out that I could change it without having my medallion on me.

I suppose they didn't take that into consideration when developing the software.  

Agreed...I routinely turn on DND as we turn in for bed and I never have the medallion "on me".

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:52 AM, BamaVol said:

I got an unpleasant surprise last week.  My wife was out on deck and I was in the bathroom, about to take a shower.  I heard the door open and called out “hello”, expecting my wife to answer.  Instead the door of the bathroom opened, and there was the cabin attendant.  He was very apologetic, and explained that he thought he had left a bottle of cleaner in our bathroom.  Upon reflection, he made two mistakes.  First, he did not knock and announce himself.  Second, the screen at the door should have shown that I (or at least my medallion) was present in the room.

It’s no big deal.  At least for me.  He may have needed a case of mind bleach afterwards.

But, it was a reminder that there are locks on cabin doors for a reason.

I had a similar thing happen on our last cruise. DH decided  to go grab a drink at a bar and I decided to take a shower. While in the shower, I heard someone come in the room and say hello. They dropped a notice on the bed. I couldn't lock the cabin door since DH was coming back. However, I was glad that I did think to lock the bathroom door while I was in there. From now on, I'll try and remember the DND button.....

😮

40 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I had a similar thing happen on our last cruise. DH decided  to go grab a drink at a bar and I decided to take a shower. While in the shower, I heard someone come in the room and say hello. They dropped a notice on the bed. I couldn't lock the cabin door since DH was coming back. However, I was glad that I did think to lock the bathroom door while I was in there. From now on, I'll try and remember the DND button.....

😮

Something slightly different happened on our first cruise. We were stopped in Nassau. My wife never anticipated the window washers when she stepped out of the bathroom without her robe on!  😮

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

Conversely, that would mean that DND could be turned on by anybody walking down the hall. How idiotic but then it's Princess IT.

just like in before days when it was a door hangar...can remove dnd, flip it to please make up room..but seems we all survived just fine 

4 minutes ago, gilboman said:

just like in before days when it was a door hangar...can remove dnd, flip it to please make up room..but seems we all survived just fine 

Exactly why we never hung the DND door hanger out when we returned to our cabin in the evening.  Sounds like the new and improved isn't. 

Edited by doghog