Drink package sale

richoil

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

Does anyone see sales for drink package upgrades (from classic to premium) on their cruise? 

Our upcoming December Solstice cruise has a 50% discount for drink packages but the Classic to Premium upgrade price is discounted only 5%.

image.jpeg.b6bfd409cb56133eca90ead0b5071b1e.jpeg

3 hours ago, Homestyle said:

Has anyone called Celebrity to see if they can match the price difference on the upgrade. Seems unfair to give a misily 5% off.

I called on Friday to see if they would and they said no. Would give me small OBC to cover about 16 percent of total cost ( doing 16 nt trip to SA in Dec.) of the upgrade but did not purchase. Would have cost over 500 dollars to upgrade.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Never seen an upgraded price of more than 10% off

also never seen a good deal on non alcoholic package usually only 5-10% off 

There was a flash sale in July that on some sailings the upgrade was 1/2 off.  Friends sailing with us had it in their Cruise Planner. 

Interested as I have never heard of the Standard package before.

I was looking for Budweiser, which we have always been served as we have the Cpackage, yet it is in the Standard package, which says ‘always included beverage package flyer. Does this meant I don’t have to spend money paying for the Classic package?

Here is the link to the PDF. Drink packages are liquor brand based and not really drink based (for the most part). https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/always-included-beverage-package-flyer.pdf

IMG_1471.thumb.jpeg.077dd0861c412029b40b0d4cc5e88a52.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

Can I hide a "beat a dead horse" question in here - if someone would clarify a poorly worded FAQ straight off the Celebrity web site :

Are gratuities included in the Celebrity Cruises Drink Package cost?

No, a 20% service charge will be added to all drink page prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO....

I read this two ways. I have the classic package.  If I ask for a glass of wine that is $9, yes, I need to pay a gratuity which is 20% of $9.00 - basically $1.80 because per the FAQ, gratuities are not included in the package cost.  OR is it no - your resulting charge is $0 since the glass of wine is fully covered under my package, and 20% of $0 charge is $0 gratuity ????

Obviously this is my first cruise with Celebrity coming up.  TIA

1 hour ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

I read this two ways. I have the classic package.  If I ask for a glass of wine that is $9, yes, I need to pay a gratuity which is 20% of $9.00 - basically $1.80 because per the FAQ, gratuities are not included in the package cost.  OR is it no - your resulting charge is $0 since the glass of wine is fully covered under my package, and 20% of $0 charge is $0 gratuity ????

The way I understand it, if your beverage is included by the package, then gratuities are included and you won't owe anything else.

If the beverage is more than the amount covered (for instance, it is an $11 drink, so only the first $10 is covered) then you would pay the $1 difference, plus gratuities on that, for $1.20 total owed.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm not a big alcohol drinker, so the alcoholic drink packages don't make sense for me to add on at any price.  However, I am debating getting the zero proof package.   I've had my eye on them for the past month since we booked our cruise - the other packages show a 20% discount, but that one is only at 10% ($26.99/day).  Is that likely to be the best price I'll see it for?

I really don't see myself spending that much on drinks - I like iced tea and don't need bottled water (except for convenience) so don't anticipate buying more than maybe 1 coffee drink and 1 bottle of water daily.  If I had a package, I might splurge on some club soda or a smoothie / virgin drink every so often, but don't see it adding up that much.   I can see $20 / day being a good value for me - at that price, I'll likely still not break even, but will be close enough that the convenience of pre-paying will outweigh the extra I spend.  $27 daily, though, seems excessive.

Does anyone know if they've seen the zero proof package for less than that?  If I wait until I board, or even a day or two into the cruise, is it likely they will have them for lower?

11 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They do for the package but not very often and only on select cruises.  I also have never seen a good deal on the non alcoholic package.

On August 7 of this year, I had cruises booked for Aug and Dec 2023, and , April and December 2024.  Someone posted about a 50% off upgrade to premium.  The only cruise that qualified was the December 2024.  I think it ended up being about $9.99 plus $2 gratuity per person per day but we jumped on it.  Most days when we have standard,  we just skip the Pellegrino and our over the package price is usually not more than $10-$20 per day so not worth it at 5-10% off even at 50% off we just can indulge a little more than we normally would do and it doesn't save us too muchy.

14 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I also saw 50% off last month. Asked my wife if she wanted to upgrade to get better wine and she said no so I didn’t do it. Now she wants to do the upgrade. Go figure. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

I also saw 50% off last month. Asked my wife if she wanted to upgrade to get better wine and she said no so I didn’t do it. Now she wants to do the upgrade. Go figure. 

I would have jumped at the chance for 50.  You get sparkling water and higher end wine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Can I hide a "beat a dead horse" question in here - if someone would clarify a poorly worded FAQ straight off the Celebrity web site :

Are gratuities included in the Celebrity Cruises Drink Package cost?

No, a 20% service charge will be added to all drink page prices at checkout. Package prices may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO....

If you have the classic package and drink only items included you will never pay an extra cent because gratuity is already included with the package ($9 glass of wine is no charge). As pointed out if you go over the package you pay the difference plus gratuity on the difference ($17 martini, you pay $7 plus $1.40 = $8.40). It also means if you buy a drink package outside of All Included you will pay the 20% gratuity on top of the rate you pay for the package ($60 or whatever they charge for it plus $12 gratuity per day = $72 per day). 

• Thanks 1