Balcony door slammers

smithop

I wish people would be more considerate going in and out of the balcony.  Our next door neighbor let's the door slam every time and it shakes our bed.

Thanks for letting me vent  I'll be setting my alarm for 3am for some payback.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, smithop said:

I wish people would be more considerate going in and out of the balcony. 

Hi @smithop🙂

I wish it were simply limited to just balcony doors. Slamming cabin doors, bathroom doors, cabinets, drawers, loud voices, thin walls & so on...

I've lived in an apartment for many decades (I get it). Many people do not understand. They're unaware or oblivious.

⬇️Here's some interesting reading below⬇️

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mardi Gras has sliders on the balcony (and suites) so you could go with that class of ships in the future.  Does not help much with the cabin entrance door slamming but it always seems like the balcony door slamming is so much louder and annoying.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Maybe it's time to find a new cruise line; one with sliding patio doors.  Probably have to deal with people who leave that door open and let their cabin door stam.

I believe this varies by ship, so one can find sliding doors on Carnival.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smithop said:

No problem venting. If you see the Executive Chef please mention to him that Carnival's V.P. of Food Richard Morse announced 2 months ago the flat iron steak was replacing the strip loin on the dinner menu. The Chef should know when the flat iron is coming back, please ask if they know. That tough strip loin could use a few door slams on it to tenderize it. Good luck with the neighbors, maybe a polite suggestion would change the situation for the better.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I have to admit that I have let the balcony door slam.  The first time I go out on the balcony after boarding.  It only takes me 1 time to be reminded how heavy the door is and how it slams.

yeah, It probably isn't just being "inconsiderate." The combination of the heavy door and wind can make it slam shut easily. If the person is unaware of how loud it is they may not be making any attempt to stop that from happening. 

I'm taking post its on my next cruise in case of slammers so I can leave one in their mailbox asking please to not let your door slam. Sometimes it's hard to catch people to speak with them and a note is less aggressive than face to face.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rainbowflag said:

If it was slammed by accident why does the slamming last continually the whole cruise? They're either deaf or dolts is my experience. 

because the wind snatches it out of ur hand and you don’t have a reason to try and stop it. I’ve definitely slammed quite a few balcony doors by accident. If you tell the person it’s bother u I’m sure they can try harder to stop it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rainbowflag said:

If it was slammed by accident why does the slamming last continually the whole cruise? They're either deaf or dolts is my experience. 

I'm sure there could be a whole debate about this, but most likely people just don't think it's an issue.  I can say I've heard doors slam, and I can also say I've never given a thought about it.  I'm only conscious of it now because other people seem to be bothered by it, and, since I do like to be considerate, I try to be aware of it and not do it.  

But I can't say I've ever been bothered by another door slamming.  I'd like to think I'm neither deaf, nor a dolt.

If you aren't aware it could potentially bother someone, then you aren't aware.  

Edited by StephPS79
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I'm sure there could be a whole debate about this, but most likely people just don't think it's an issue.  I can say I've heard doors slam, and I can also say I've never given a thought about it.  I'm only conscious of it now because other people seem to be bothered by it, and, since I do like to be considerate, I try to be aware of it and not do it.  

But I can't say I've ever been bothered by another door slamming.  I'd like to think I'm neither deaf, nor a dolt.

If you aren't aware it could potentially bother someone, then you aren't aware.  

You live in the bedroom of the U.S. Navy where I grew up. Dad was a captain usn (mc) and if we six kids slammed doors going in or out of the house we heard about it. 🙂  It may have something to do with how people are raised since childhood. At my age loud noises can startle me and it may have been so with my dad now that we're talking about it. I miss Meyera Oberndorff from my school days when ODU was still a college. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I'm sure there could be a whole debate about this, but most likely people just don't think it's an issue. 

Hi @StephPS79🙂

Please take a peek at (Reply #6 in This Thread) & the links that I provided. In fact, you can find a lot of door slamming threads on every cruise line message board right here on Cruise Critic, going back years & years. Many people think this is an issue. 

🍹

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smithop said:

I wish people would be more considerate going in and out of the balcony.  Our next door neighbor let's the door slam every time and it shakes our bed.

And maybe people won't go honk horns, or talk loud, or have fun onboard

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @StephPS79🙂

Please take a peek at (Reply #6 in This Thread) & the links that I provided. In fact, you can find a lot of door slamming threads on every cruise line message board right here on Cruise Critic, going back years & years. Many people think this is an issue. 

🍹

I could probably attribute my awareness of it to Cruise Critic.  That doesn't change the fact that prior to wasting countless hours on an internet forum, I wasn't bothered by people who let the door slam.  I don't think people are out there tallying the number of people they can anger by dropping a door, I just think they don't realize other people are bothered.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? 🤔

If we could all get along, who would click on anything ? Where would the haters go who have something to say about anything and everything? Tipping? Smoking? Gambling for free cruises? Quality, quantity or consistency of food? Weather? Embarkation? Debarkation? Price of, or abuse of alcohol? Robust debate is what drives us all here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeMo said:

If we could all get along, who would click on anything ? Where would the haters go who have something to say about anything and everything? Tipping? Smoking? Gambling for free cruises? Quality, quantity or consistency of food? Weather? Embarkation? Debarkation? Price of, or abuse of alcohol? Robust debate is what drives us all here.

Actually I'm looking for information.  How to deal with neighbors who slam doors.  What time does a European cruise start embarkation. What does this mean regarding the train systems since I don't understand Italian and don't want to miss my ship. How do I book the Behind the Scenes Tour? Really not debate for me, just information.  And if I know something that could enhance another passenger's cruise and can pass it along, yay for me!👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1