Live Bermuda Bliss Insignia September 20-27th

calicakes

Here is a menu photo.

we are in the grand dining room tonight. I have chicken Kyiv, Julie had them cannelloni. I have the orange soufflé Julie had the chocolate cake it was supposed to be molten it was not. Dinner was good.. probably the best dinner we’ve had on the ship.

image.jpg

• Thanks 2

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see two night worthy in this menu for a 7 night itinerary. Maybe I am in the minority and it appeals to a broader audience than I am thinking. 
Glad that you are enjoying your cruise, but it’s too bad that food hasn’t been at the level you had hoped for. 
We all have different tastes. There may be people lined up for this two night special fare!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

Regional beverages?  Where’s the Dark and Stormy or Rum Swizzles? 😀

The beverages are British and a few of the menu items are Bermudian or British. Not British Bermuda but British or Bermudian. Pretty much a mish mash. 

Edited by Charles4515

57 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see two night worthy in this menu for a 7 night itinerary. Maybe I am in the minority and it appeals to a broader audience than I am thinking. 
Glad that you are enjoying your cruise, but it’s too bad that food hasn’t been at the level you had hoped for. 
We all have different tastes. There may be people lined up for this two night special fare!

I went into the buffet to grab a latte and it was not crowded at all.  The least crowded I've seen the buffet since we set sail. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

Agreed.  And I’d serve snapper or wahoo. Maybe even on a Bermuda style sandwich….raisin bread!!

There is no way they could pull off a Bermuda Fish Sandwich. Those are unique. They should not even try. Dark and Stormys or Rum Swizzles are doable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ToxM said:

As I said earlier i am sorry you are having an unfortunate time with the food. I hope you have or will mention something on the midcruise comment card. 

Today is day 7 and I haven’t seen any comment cards. I’ll go to guest services and ask for one. Many of us have been having an unfortunate time with food. However we had excellent meals last night in the Grand dining room, more like what we were expecting from Oceania. My pad Thai and salad were delicious, and husband enjoyed his lobster bisque and beef Wellington. 

seachelt

7 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

They do this with speciality nights in The Terrace so that guests who have speciality restaurant bookings have a chance to go to the buffet so they don’t miss out. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, seachelt said:

Today is day 7 and I haven’t seen any comment cards. I’ll go to guest services and ask for one. 

On a 7-day cruise you will not get a mid-cruise comment card. Look for instructions in Currents on how to access the online end-of-cruise survey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seachelt said:

Today is day 7 and I haven’t seen any comment cards. I’ll go to guest services and ask for one. Many of us have been having an unfortunate time with food. However we had excellent meals last night in the Grand dining room, more like what we were expecting from Oceania. My pad Thai and salad were delicious, and husband enjoyed his lobster bisque and beef Wellington. 

seachelt

I enjoyed my chicken Kiev and my wife enjoyed her cannelloni.  I almost ordered the pad thai.  Glad to hear it was great.  

We're experiencing very rough seas.  They've closed all the outside decks.  They removed the cushions from the balcony furniture.   Both Julie and I are feeling sick to our stomach.  We're wearing the sea sickness patch, I wonder how much worse it would be if we didn't have those on.   The captain says the weather will be this way for the remainder of the cruise.  Uggggg. 

4 minutes ago, calicakes said:

We're experiencing very rough seas.  They've closed all the outside decks.  They removed the cushions from the balcony furniture.   Both Julie and I are feeling sick to our stomach.  We're wearing the sea sickness patch, I wonder how much worse it would be if we didn't have those on.   The captain says the weather will be this way for the remainder of the cruise.  Uggggg. 

So sorry the rough seas are sick making for you.🤢 Good you have your patches.  Luckily for us that we love the ship’s rock and roll.

Take care.

seachelt

10 minutes ago, calicakes said:

That is truly unfortunate.  I get seasick, too.  Everyone has their own way to handle it, but I approach it two ways.  Firstly, I get a front chair in Horizons, and focus on the distant horizon while trying to engage in conversation.  Secondly, I find that the bed and movie channel are my friends...Good Luck.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Sorry to hear that

Go down to deck 4 or 5  mid ship

see if one of the kitchen staff can get you a green apple or  ginger tea may help

Try not to think of the  rough seas   ..easier said than done