•  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

sparkle_resting_v2_1ff6f6a71f2d298b1a31.

Yes, bartenders on a Royal Caribbean ship do get tips from voucher drinks. However, it is not entirely clear how much they receive, as Royal Caribbean does not publicly disclose this information.

Some Cruise Critic community members have speculated that bartenders receive a portion of the tip pool, even if they do not have a signed receipt from the guest who used the voucher. Others believe that bartenders only receive tips from voucher drinks if the guest specifically tips them in cash.

Regardless of how much they receive, bartenders on Royal Caribbean ships appreciate tips, as they help to supplement their base salary. If you are able to tip your bartender, even if it is just a dollar or two, they will be grateful.

Here are some tips for tipping bartenders on a Royal Caribbean ship:

• If you are using a voucher drink, consider tipping the bartender in cash. This will ensure that they receive the tip directly.
  • If you are ordering multiple drinks, you can tip the bartender at the end of the night instead of after each drink. This will save them time and make it easier for you to keep track of your tips.
  • If you are satisfied with the bartender's service, you can tip them more. A good rule of thumb is to tip 15-20% of the total cost of your drinks.

Remember, bartenders on Royal Caribbean ships work hard to provide you with a great experience. A small tip can go a long way in showing your appreciation.

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

Google is our friend.

Google Bard is a better friend.

profile picture

do bartenders on a royal Caribbean ship gets tips from a voucher drink

View other drafts 

•  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

sparkle_resting_v2_1ff6f6a71f2d298b1a31.

Yes, bartenders on a Royal Caribbean ship do get tips from voucher drinks. However, it is not entirely clear how much they receive, as Royal Caribbean does not publicly disclose this information.

Some Cruise Critic community members have speculated that bartenders receive a portion of the tip pool, even if they do not have a signed receipt from the guest who used the voucher. Others believe that bartenders only receive tips from voucher drinks if the guest specifically tips them in cash.

Regardless of how much they receive, bartenders on Royal Caribbean ships appreciate tips, as they help to supplement their base salary. If you are able to tip your bartender, even if it is just a dollar or two, they will be grateful.

Here are some tips for tipping bartenders on a Royal Caribbean ship:

• If you are using a voucher drink, consider tipping the bartender in cash. This will ensure that they receive the tip directly.
  • If you are ordering multiple drinks, you can tip the bartender at the end of the night instead of after each drink. This will save them time and make it easier for you to keep track of your tips.
  • If you are satisfied with the bartender's service, you can tip them more. A good rule of thumb is to tip 15-20% of the total cost of your drinks.

Remember, bartenders on Royal Caribbean ships work hard to provide you with a great experience. A small tip can go a long way in showing your appreciation.

Granted, I have never claimed to be up to date on my tech; but I have never even heard of google “bard” 

thank you 

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Yep, no tip on voucher drinks. Sharing in tip pool is not the same as receiving a tip from the person using the voucher. And, if it's a zero receipt any compensation from the employer calculates to zero. The 18% info printed on the receipt is probably on every bar receipt. 

No matter how many times you are shown otherwise; it’s impossible for you to concede that your “supposition” is incorrect.  

Adieu

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No matter how many times you are shown otherwise; it’s impossible for you to concede that your “supposition” is incorrect.  

Adieu

Sorry you are confusing the standard drink receipt verbage with what happens with a voucher drink. A dollar or 2 for each of 5 drinks a day isn't enough for me to take a chance on the hardworking bartenders not being compensated. It's not like any of them are over paid. 

On 9/20/2023 at 6:29 PM, bjkpop1 said:

Just attained diamond statue and get the 4 free drinks a day.  How do you handle tipping for these drink?

Opinions vary on this, but I'd say: 

- If you're paying for the drink, the 18% gratuity is added automatically.  I feel comfortable with that being "enough". 

- If the drink is free and no automatic gratuity is included, I feel it's right to add $1-2 for the bartender, who, otherwise, is working for free.  I'd add $1 if he's just handing over a beer, $2 if he's mixing up a cocktail.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Yep, no tip on voucher drinks. Sharing in tip pool is not the same as receiving a tip from the person using the voucher. And, if it's a zero receipt any compensation from the employer calculates to zero. The 18% info printed on the receipt is probably on every bar receipt. 

wrong

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

.... or don't care.

90% of answers can be found by googling.  Usually when I find something for someone who's too lazy to look it up themselves, I mention Google when I supply the answer, especially on FB.  Of course, there's always the ones that are looking for how to get away with something.  There is something the Disboards (Disney) do that I like a lot.  They do not allow any talk of breaking Disney's rules.  It keeps a lot of the arguing down.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

So you do not tip at restaurants at home? You must be very popular.

A cruise is not a restaurant!

If the restaurant starts to charge for using it and expects me tip on top of their fare.....we are getting close...

Edited by cruiseboy89130

• 3 months later...

I do not have a drink package or diamond voucher. I am using my cabin card to order a gin and tonic - do I get a paper receipt showing just the drink cost and the tip automatically added?  If no paper receipt does the drink cost plus tip (assuming 18%) show up on my cabin bill?  thank you