Tipping

bjkpop1

49 minutes ago, bjkpop1 said:

Just attained diamond statue and get the 4 free drinks a day.  How do you handle tipping for these drink?

It is up to you if you want to tip or not.  You are supposed to get a zero receipt that you can add a tip to but most waiters don't do that.  You can tip in cash, some do just $1.  It is up to you what you are comfortable tipping for a drink that costs $10-$14 typically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’m starting to wonder if people get paid to start tipping threads. There can’t be that many variations on the topic. 

People either don't know that there IS a search feature, can't find it, or don't know how to use it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bjkpop1 said:

Just attained diamond statue and get the 4 free drinks a day.  How do you handle tipping for these drink?

Tip a buck or two. If I am at a bar and the bartender is being very attentive, I tip as much as $5 per drink from time to time. 

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Try to always give a buck a drink, even in Specialty. Rarely to never tip the MDR waiter for getting drinks each time, always tip extra the last night. 

It's been my experience that adult beverages are delivered to the table by a completely different person, not the waiter or his/her assistant, if any.  I'm assuming that they are part of the bar staff.  So, I do tip them for each delivery, usually once as we are always in a hurry to get somewhere else.  

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

It's been my experience that adult beverages are delivered to the table by a completely different person, not the waiter or his/her assistant, if any.  I'm assuming that they are part of the bar staff.  So, I do tip them for each delivery, usually once as we are always in a hurry to get somewhere else.  

Last two cruises on Quantum and Ovation the assistant waiter brought our drinks every night. Only asked for seapass card on first night. That was Sep/Oct 2022

• Like 2

When I've on the drink package I usually tip $1 per drink but with Diamond I upped it to $2.  My theory is with DBP I was charge an 18% service charge already but with the D drinks I haven't paid anything so I figure the extra buck evens it out.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’m starting to wonder if people get paid to start tipping threads. There can’t be that many variations on the topic. 

It's the pop-corn companies that pay people to start these tipping threads. Just like Pavlov's dog, I am conditioned to toss in a bag of popcorn whenever I see one of these threads....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I love people who open threads that have tipping in the title and then  complain about a new tipping thread.

We tip $1 per drink and that's what I see most often see others doing.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1