No trays!!!!

Dennis Lindsey

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And the opposite is also true---if you go in looking for what you can complain about, you will find things wrong and not have as good a time as you should have.

“If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”
― Abraham Lincoln

You can substitute cruise line, ship, or passengers for people in that quote

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

“If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”
― Abraham Lincoln

You can substitute cruise line, ship, or passengers for people in that quote

Yes, we were on the NCL Prima in August. I did my best to take in the positive comments and basically ignore many, many negative comments. And we truly enjoyed the cruise.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And the opposite is also true---if you go in looking for what you can complain about, you will find things wrong and not have as good a time as you should have.

Absolutely. And then they write a stinker of a review whining about the minutiae.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, we were on the NCL Prima in August. I did my best to take in the positive comments and basically ignore many, many negative comments. And we truly enjoyed the cruise.

We've read reviews of cruises that we were actually on and couldn't believe these people writing totally negative reviews were on the same ship at the same time. This has happened on just about any cruise we have been on. The complaint that all the crew were rude (as an example) beggars belief! We have never encountered a rude crew member ever. Quite the opposite. One wonders if the person making the complaint had a less than pleasant attitude themselves.🙄 And I would suggest they have never worked in hospitality or customer service. We have worked in both back in the day and let me tell you it takes a supreme effort to keep the smile and upbeat attitude in place when confronted with less than polite customers.

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I think for some complaining is the good time.  🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

We've read reviews of cruises that we were actually on and couldn't believe these people writing totally negative reviews were on the same ship at the same time. This has happened on just about any cruise we have been on. The complaint that all the crew were rude (as an example) beggars belief! We have never encountered a rude crew member ever. Quite the opposite. One wonders if the person making the complaint had a less than pleasant attitude themselves.🙄 And I would suggest they have never worked in hospitality or customer service. We have worked in both back in the day and let me tell you it takes a supreme effort to keep the smile and upbeat attitude in place when confronted with less than polite customers.

Over 59 cruises on 9 different cruise lines, only once have we encountered a rude crew member.  Considering his many crew we have had interaction with, it’s not a bad average 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

We were once on a cruise that had to take 2 extra days to get back to Fort Lauderdale because of a hurricane. The captain at one point took us closer to the storm so passengers would have cell phone service to call TAs, airlines, or people at home. And it was somewhat rocky. I was in a different cruise group back then, and I read someone posting that he had heard at that point passengers all over the ship were throwing up in the elevators. I said no, I was on that ship and that did not happen. He, though he had not been on the ship, kept arguing with me. 🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

I have read this a few times and all I was seeing is “all crew were nude”. I was thinking what kind of looney would say that and mean it 😀😀😀

Finally I saw rude, well almost as bad, I can not believe “all” crew were rude. In fact I really haven’t come across too many rude crew members. On my last cruise I witnessed only crew that were slammed non stop and perhaps people who aren’t stroked steady by crew would think that was rude. Crew don’t have time for chit chat anymore. Our cabin steward said he had 38 cabins to service. That’s crazy!

3 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Over 59 cruises on 9 different cruise lines, only once have we encountered a rude crew member.  Considering his many crew we have had interaction with, it’s not a bad average 

The fact is, crew members are very rarely rude to passengers —that is the specialty of arrogant other passengers.

• Like 2

Never once have we encountered rude crew. A few times we have come across crew ( usually in jobs that don’t require much passenger interaction) who’s English isn’t great. On NCL we always make fun of the “washy washy” girls at the buffet. I asked once how then can be so happy all the time. They said “ what’s not to be happy about?” On our last cruise in the Mediterranean, crew was less than fantastic. But still always pleasant. 

9 hours ago, Gwendy said:

For us it is now 40+ cruises and our experience is the same.  Only once have we encountered a rude crew member.  He was probably having a bad day.  

10 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We were once on a cruise that had to take 2 extra days to get back to Fort Lauderdale because of a hurricane. The captain at one point took us closer to the storm so passengers would have cell phone service to call TAs, airlines, or people at home. And it was somewhat rocky. I was in a different cruise group back then, and I read someone posting that he had heard at that point passengers all over the ship were throwing up in the elevators. I said no, I was on that ship and that did not happen. He, though he had not been on the ship, kept arguing with me. 🤦‍♂️

Yep, the ill informed keyboard warriors are always with us. We were on a cruise a while back where tragically a passenger intentionally went overboard and was never recovered. The absolute garbage posted about it was disgusting. Everything from her partner threw her overboard, a large wave washed her overboard (from deck 16? That would be some wave) to her leaning over the rail to throw up and losing her balance. CCTV footage released to the police upon the ship's return to Australia proved conclusively that this unfortunate lady took a running a jump over the rail. Prior to that social media was awash with alleged 'eye witness' reports stating the above inaccurate accounts.

10 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

The fact is, crew members are very rarely rude to passengers —that is the specialty of arrogant other passengers.

Yeah, one rude crew member, thousands of rude passengers. Lol

on Caribbean Princess a couple of months ago passengers would enter lifts/elevators and grunt their floor number to whoever was standing by the panel.  No please or thank you.  I stopped responding and pushing their buttons (pun intended) after a couple of days.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Yeah, one rude crew member, thousands of rude passengers. Lol

on Caribbean Princess a couple of months ago passengers would enter lifts/elevators and grunt their floor number to whoever was standing by the panel.  No please or thank you.  I stopped responding and pushing their buttons (pun intended) after a couple of days.

I agree. We are constantly coming across rude passengers

We were on a cruise in the Mediterranean some years back when a crew member was seriously injured. We had to divert to The closest island with emergency services. This caused us to be arrive at our next port o few hours late. I was dumbfounded when I heard passengers complain about it or say they should have treated him in sick bay so we could get to our destination on time. I mean, come on, this man was critically injured and almost died. 

2 minutes ago, Szt said:

We were on a cruise in the Mediterranean some years back when a crew member was seriously injured. We had to divert to The closest island with emergency services. This caused us to be arrive at our next port o few hours late. I was dumbfounded when I heard passengers complain about it or say they should have treated him in sick bay so we could get to our destination on time. I mean, come on, this man was critically injured and almost died. 

Oh, come on! They were complaining about losing a few hours, when another human being could have lost his life?! Some people disgust me with their lack of compassion and basic human decency.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Oh, come on! They were complaining about losing a few hours, when another human being could have lost his life?! Some people disgust me with their lack of compassion and basic human decency.

On WC in 2019 Sea Princess diverted to rescue 2 sailors whose boat was sinking in rough seas, exceptional work by crew at night very rough weather.  We were hours late into Curaçao, yep some passengers complained they missed their tours.  I really don’t understand some people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At breakfast I often get up much earlier than Mr. SRQ and go to the buffet and bring something back to the cabin to eat on the balcony. The trick I use is that once I have my plate of food I then get a second plate and turn it upside down over my food. This keeps my food warm while I walk back to the cabin and also gives me a flat surface to set my coffee, juice, and silverware on. 

I have the dazzling experience of one cruise. (Ooohhh. So experienced, lol)

This is how I handled breakfast solo:

bowl of fruit, or oats and fruit balance atop/along any rim. (Alternate option: have a plate, empty, under the bowl, use the open space. Be smarter than I was, and use a large plate, not a bread plate)

If it’ll balance, a croissant. And butter (my great indulgence). Cutlery in my fingers.

That’s round one, and often it for me, but a couple mornings,  I had a second round. 

The trick for me to not have my plates cleared was to dine on the deck just outside. The bar or the solarium. No one cared there, and I could leave items long enough to get coffee/tea/juice without concern. 

When both of us were there for any meal, I’d get my small plate and drink, and find a table. My partner would do his first round (he’s a bit more interested in food), join me and usually, I’d ordered his coffee. 

Only once did someone grab our table, and that’s when we left cutlery and drinks alone.

This was Celebrity, fwiw. 

On 10/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, Szt said:

What entitlement!

• Like 1