CONCIERGE VERANDAH

victory2020

5 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Hello, we have an opportunity to move to concierge verandah from inside (that we are very happy with) for $300 pp for a 7 day cruise. What all comes with this category? 

Did you look at the  description on the website ?

Scroll down to room categorry

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/suites-staterooms

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I was hoping people could give me insight with their personal experiences

• Like 1

I have not cruised on O yet; however, looking at the differences, it would be worth the extra $600 to us. Having the Balcony itself is wonderful. Our first cruise did not have a balcony; we have always booked one since then. Love sitting outside. The other perks seem worth it too. Your money, your choice. Enjoy your cruise.

We have never booked  an inside  but  with the Concierge  cabin  you get a bit more space  & the balcony of course

some perks that  those in B or lower cabins do not get

the cabins for A to C are basically the same   it is the perks that are  different

We have stayed in A B & C on the R ships   

A & B on the O class

experiences are the same   it is the cabin perks that differ

Does that help??

A-catagory veranda you get. Free laundry but on 7 day cruise really don't matter I guess.

But you do get to choose specialty dinning reservations a few days before lower category cabins which to us is important 

My favorite perk on the Concierge Verandah is the Unlimited access to the Aquamar Spa Terrace. Others have to pay to get in, but you can go for a steam, or sit on the sun deck (many people don't know it exists😉), etc. You still need to pay for spa treatments (massages, etc), but access to the Spa is included with your stateroom.

Also, you can book your restaurant reservations sooner than others, so you'll have more options of dining times, etc.

The Concierge Lounge is fine - a nice place to stop for coffee drinks, tea, a light snack, or some assistance from the concierge on duty. We also liked reading the newspapers in the Lounge.

• Like 1

Here's my take, going from an inside to a balcony, any balcony is worth $600. But, to help answer your question, it would help to know which ship you are on. 

Keep in mind everyone has access to the Spa, it's the Terrace area with the T Pools and loungers that you get access to. The Saunas and steam rooms and showers are available to all levels. The Concierge Lounge is only on the O Ships and Vista. Laundry is really not much of a perk for a 7 day cruise. 

• Like 2

We have been on one of the "R" ships (Regatta). There is no concierge lounge on those class of ships, sorry to say. There are "office hours" for a real, live, concierge, and in our case, they were very helpful. For instance, we really wanted to re-visit a certain specialty restaurant, but could not get reservations. Concierge got them in an eye-blink.

We later took the Riviera, and they have the Concierge Lounge, which was often a nice place to relax and have a beverage. Again, the onsite concierge was extremely helpful, getting us reservations for the special private dining room (between steak and italian, if I recall correctly).

(added: on certain days and times, the Concierge Lounge got very crowded, so be aware that it might not always be quiet.)

Oh yes, thanks "ORV" for pointing out the spa. For us, it was a super experience. We often spent time in the spa during port days. Didn't see another passenger there.

Edited by bobnsandi
forgotten information added

I forgot about the newspapers in the lounge. The only drawback is u have to read it there can't take them to read in your room or elsewhere 

Up until about a year ago always payed for printing NYT and delivered to my cabin.But got the app so don't have to pay LOL

15 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you all for your responses. I figured we'd give it a try. But we were on hold for about 20 minutes. And by the time I got through, the deal was gone. The cruise is in a week, so the added time for restaurants, which would have been great was not an option.

Yes  when you get an offer    you need to decide  ASAP 

😄

Just  say yes   moan about it later

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Inside vs. A Veranda, an easy one for me, just don’t develop Covid because the walls will close in on you 🤬👎. On a cruise last October we tested positive a few days into the it and were quarantined but at least we could get out of our room and breathe fresh air. 🤪😇🙏👍
You’re 💰your call but I am claustrophobic so I would have issues even touring an Inside stateroom, much less staying in one, even for a week. 
Enjoy your cruise.

Mauibabes

• Like 3

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you all for your responses. I figured we'd give it a try. But we were on hold for about 20 minutes. And by the time I got through, the deal was gone. The cruise is in a week, so the added time for restaurants, which would have been great was not an option.

As you might remember, we're on your Regatta cruise on 9/27 & received the same upsell email at 0831 this morning...from a G-gty to a concierge veranda for $300/pp. We opted to not accept their offer because being our first O cruise we won't be in our cabin often. For us the bottle of bubbly, laundry service, expanded room service menu, access to the Spa Terrace and a logo tote bag were not worth the extra $600 for us. Shortly thereafter our TA contacted us that we were upgraded to a Category D (outside porthole) cabin for free. Being on deck 3 closer to midship also benefits my wife's tendency to feel the motion of the ocean. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

As you might remember, we're on your Regatta cruise on 9/27 & received the same upsell email at 0831 this morning...from a G-gty to a concierge veranda for $300/pp. We opted to not accept their offer because being our first O cruise we won't be in our cabin often. For us the bottle of bubbly, laundry service, expanded room service menu, access to the Spa Terrace and a logo tote bag were not worth the extra $600 for us. Shortly thereafter our TA contacted us that we were upgraded to a Category D (outside porthole) cabin for free. Being on deck 3 closer to midship also benefits my wife's tendency to feel the motion of the ocean. 

So you did OK! Fantastic! I'm happy no matter what room i'm in.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Wow I thought this cruise was booked solid, surprised to see they have rooms available to allow for upgrades. Glad you got a free upgrade. Enjoy!  See you and Victory on board on the 27th! 

p.s thanks to the others about the spa terrace access with the concierge level. I’ll have to check it out!

Edited by bobolz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Hello, we have an opportunity to move to concierge verandah from inside (that we are very happy with) for $300 pp for a 7 day cruise. What all comes with this category? 

@victory2020 Your question was kind of simple, yet as you see from the response not always simple. First my humble opinion, as a new person to Oceania on my way to my first cruise.  To go from an Inside Cabin to a Concierge Verandah is worth every single bit of the $300 per person.  Book it immediately. 

Not to the real context of your question.  The reality is once you leave your stateroom on Oceania, everyone is treated the same. There for the main advantage is a bigger stateroom and in this case a Verandah that for me and others makes the cruise.  You have to judge if it is worth it to you.

Now I am not sure when your cruise is going to happen, however if it is far enough out, you get a higher priority for booking your specialty restaurants.  I consider that a true benefit on an Oceania Cruise. Here are some other things basest on some research I have done. I am also not sure which ship you are on.  

I like things other don't but here are my thoughts:

• You get Three Bags of Laundry (max 20 items each bag) with a 3-day turn-around time.
  • You get Usually, four pressed items, if you send them out within three days of embarkment. 
  • You have a very nice concierge private lounge which is a quiet place, with coffee, drinks and snacks.  It is usually fully staffed with a concierge.  It also has a printer.  
  • You as other have said, have complementary access to the outside Spa. 

For me and others, just the Balcony is worth the upgrade.  Now you do you but my heart says, "upgrade". 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobolz said:

Wow I thought this cruise was booked solid, surprised to see they have rooms available to allow for upgrades. Glad you got a free upgrade. Enjoy!  See you and Victory on board on the 27th! 

I was pleasantly surprised to get the upgrade which would have cost $350/pp. Everything has been waitlisted for months but if someone is interested today there's a PH-2 available...$3,099/pp for the 7 day CA Coastal cruise on Regatta.

We're eagerly looking forward to our first O cruise although being on a weekday instead of a weekend it'll take longer to drive to/from the port.

• Like 1

I'm on the Regatta, going up the coast of Ca so verandah may be chilly. Since cruise is next week we won't be able to take advantage of early dining reservations. Laundry and pressing isn't something we would use if it took 3 days to get back, so all in all, I'm happy.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I was pleasantly surprised to get the upgrade which would have cost $350/pp. Everything has been waitlisted for months but if someone is interested today there's a PH-2 available...$3,099/pp for the 7 day CA Coastal cruise on Regatta.

We're eagerly looking forward to our first O cruise although being on a weekday instead of a weekend it'll take longer to drive to/from the port.

I hope Astro you enjoy your cruise with Oceania. We always enjoyed Oceania and were excited to get an opportunity to cruise with them again. I hope we can connect to hear your opinion of the ship and the service. At least I hope it’s like I remember!

and for the Upgrade to PH2 for $ 3099 pp, sorry, that would not be worth it for me especially For 7 days ?  

we are flying in the day before and hoping traveling from Marina del ray on Wednesday will not be too horrible at 11am. Let me know if I am in for a rude awakening 😳

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bobolz said:

we are flying in the day before and hoping traveling from Marina del ray on Wednesday will not be too horrible at 11am. Let me know if I am in for a rude awakening 😳

You should be okay at that time from MDR...you could check Google Maps on Monday at that time to get an idea about how long it'll take.

For me, the 60+ miles to SP takes about 90 minutes on a weekday (60 minutes on a weekend). Checking this morning the delay was from the Valley southbound on the 405 until Mulholland but the remainder of the way it was 'green' so the approximately 25 mile drive from MDR shouldn't be too bad...maybe 30+ minutes using the HOV lane? We have an 1100-1130 check-in time slot & will leave home accordingly.

Have a good flight.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobolz said:

p.s thanks to the others about the spa terrace access with the concierge level. I’ll have to check it out!

The cruise may indeed have been sold out.

However, there can be late cancellations, something we know about first hand, alas.

Twice (once with Oceania) we had to cancel within 2 weeks of sailing date, due to medical emergencies, first for DH, then a few years later, for MIL.  Fortunately (and many thanks to several CC members shortly after we joined CC!), we had excellent travel insurance, which took the sting away.  Unfortunately, we've had other claims, too, but those were the two largest claims. The Oceania cancellation was for a Med cruise that had an absolutely amazing collection of ports for our desires.  I've kept watch, and never saw anything close to that again.

And then once, we happened to notice a top suite for an Alaska cruise suddenly become available within the "full penalty" period (on another line), and for a very good price.  So we pounced on that fast, and had a wonderful trip. 🙂 

In all of those cases, there was suddenly space available that hadn't been there previously.  And they didn't last long.

GC

We just had our close friends and traveling companions have to cancel their PH1 on the upcoming Vista cruise next week due to the wife going to the hospital for gall bladder surgery...,so one week prior to sailing a PH1 suddenly appears....it happens every cruise

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

23 hours ago, victory2020 said:

How did that opportunity come about?