Why would a JS be more than a GS or L1?

mafig

1 hour ago, mafig said:

On Symphony of the Seas I notice that their Junior Suites are more than the Grand Suite or Crown Loft Suite.  

This is for the April 28, 2024 sailing.

Isn't that strange?  

I see a JS gty at over $560 per person per night double occupancy.  To me, it looks like they have sold all the JS and they are now overpriced. 

Dynamic pricing.  Whatever brings in the most money wins.  They are probably out of JS on this sailing but if people are still spending enough on Junior Suites, they are happy to bump someone out of a Junior Suite to a higher category, most likely making even more $ with a Royal Up.

On my booked cruise for December…I upgraded to a GS 1 bedroom…yes I paid dearly…but I didn’t want to chance Royal Up. There are only 3 GS available at this time and I got a Royal Up today. At the time I booked the GS, two days before final payment, JS was more than the GS…silly!  Prices overall are way up bc demand is up.  Needless to say I am keeping my GS and not doing the Royal Up as I love my location.  

10 hours ago, mafig said:

I have been booked in a Crown Loft suite for about a month now.  I was just checking prices when I noticed this.  

Sounds crazy.  Perhaps a new Jr. Suite category that is sky class?  Why would anybody pay more for a cabin with less perks?  Prices do fluctuate.  We booked a suite on the Icon the day bookings opened and now as time passes by the price has increased by 1/3 so a lesser cabin cost more.  Key is to book early and preferably on board.