Does anthem have solo cabins?

ace2542

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Or would  a solo person have to share or would they be a supplement on a fly cruise (the T/A 2024)

Yes, solo cabins are available, but the fare may not be that much less than regular cabins (with which you'd get extra C&A points vs. the single points in the solo cabin).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, solo cabins are available, but the fare may not be that much less than regular cabins (with which you'd get extra C&A points vs. the single points in the solo cabin).

My thing is though with fly cruise you DON'T need the second flight if travelling solo. If they would do th second bed at cruise only I would bite their hand off so to speak

8 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

My thing is though with fly cruise you DON'T need the second flight if travelling solo. If they would do th second bed at cruise only I would bite their hand off so to speak

If offered, you'd have to compare the price of a package vs. doing it on your own. Due to the one-way nature of a TA, package pricing may be different than regular sailings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

If offered, you'd have to compare the price of a package vs. doing it on your own. Due to the one-way nature of a TA, package pricing may be different than regular sailings.

You MIGHT be able to deal a cruise agency down on price if it comes to sail against no sail I think. Last year Anthem T/A was still for sail 3 or 4 days before it departed.

You definitely need to compare the prices. I booked single occupancy in a double cabin on Anthem this past April for a much cheaper price than they were selling the solo cabins and that got me double points which you don't get in a solo cabin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You MIGHT be able to deal a cruise agency down on price if it comes to sail against no sail I think. Last year Anthem T/A was still for sail 3 or 4 days before it departed.

The price that Royal Caribbean sets for the cruise is the price that they will sell it for.  It's not like you can call up and ask for a discount.

3 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

You definitely need to compare the prices. I booked single occupancy in a double cabin on Anthem this past April for a much cheaper price than they were selling the solo cabins and that got me double points which you don't get in a solo cabin.

If someone does me cruise/flight for me which is the package and totally fair and cruise only second bed if no solo cabins are available I will bite there hand off. Lots of time yet. As I said one of the main agencies in UK had great deals on with 4 days to go to sail.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The price that Royal Caribbean sets for the cruise is the price that they will sell it for.  It's not like you can call up and ask for a discount.

Yet sometimes agents are cheaper than cruise line DIRECT? And who says you can't chance your arm within reason with 2 weeks to sailing date?

Edited by ace2542

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes because they have group rates.

And they move those prices and they NEVER sell the entire pick we all know that so sorry to attack with the tone of this typing but lets get off the idea they do. There is room for deal to be done I feel again within reason.

And I thought these agencies bought a block of cabins and tried to sell at profit?

Edited by ace2542

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

And they move those prices and the NEVER sell the entire pick we all know that so sorry to attack but lets get off the idea they do. There is room for deal to be done I feel again with reason.

It is not like taking a stroll through the straw market at Labadee where you can haggle over the price.  Pay what they are asking or don't sail..simple as that.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is not like taking a stroll through the straw market at Labadee where you can haggle over the price.  Pay what they are asking or don't sail..simple as that.

I have knocked an agent down 100 at  a cruise event the supervisor OK'd it and the eat the loss to make the sail I suppose.

9 hours ago, Shocked91 said:

Anthem does have solo cabins. I was going to book one a couple of years ago. Looked at a regular balcony for 2 people midship worked out cheaper so I booked the regular balcony and got double points.

All depends. Week after Thanksgiving I cruised on Anthem in a solo balcony cabin for $775 including all fees.  And the balcony was huge. Regular balcony cabin was close to $2,000.

21 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I have knocked an agent down 100 at  a cruise event the supervisor OK'd it and the eat the loss to make the sail I suppose.

Then most likely it was  expensive enough cabin the TA gave up 100 of his commission. 

Or as ourusualbeach said there were group rates. He is a TA as you can often tell from his posts. Arguing with a knowledgeable TA doesnt make you right lol. 

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Then most likely it was  expensive enough cabin the TA gave up 100 of his commission. 

Or as ourusualbeach said there were group rates. He is a TA as you can often tell from his posts. Arguing with a knowledgeable TA doesnt make you right lol. 

No the agency was doing an event a hotel the cruise lines had tables with reps but those reps couldn't book the customer directly you had to go and speak to the bookings team. I was offered price by the line and told to go see the agent. Agent price was higher and I said look just match what the line said or i go direct to them and they did it.