Wheel of Fortune coming to NCL

DeSaxMan13

That picture is from the Escape, with Jack, the Cruise Director as the "host". 

I'm hoping this won't be replacing Choir of Man, since we're back on the Escape next year and were hoping to see it again. But with NCL's penchant for cost-cutting (for our convenience), who knows...

Just now, schmoopie17 said:

That picture is from the Escape, with Jack, the Cruise Director as the "host". 

I'm hoping this won't be replacing Choir of Man, since we're back on the Escape next year and were hoping to see it again. But with NCL's penchant for cost-cutting (for our convenience), who knows...

and if for some reason it does replace Choir of Man, they better start the show out with free pints of beer 🙂

• Haha 7

17 minutes ago, aggie311 said:

I guess I’m the odd man out. I think this sounds fun. I’ll be checking it out in January. 

I also think this could be fun

Just now, vacation44 said:

Not a positive for me if they are replacing a show.  

But agree not a replacement for Broadway style shows!

Since this is being run through TimePlay, I hope they eventually upgrade to the TimePlay trivia offerings. We played it on the Celebrity Edge and it was soooo much better than the old school paper and pen trivia on NCL. (Granted, I'm biased because I *dominated* at TimePlay trivia, but still...)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Do you have a source for the 'Broadway out'?  I don't see any mention of dropping other shows in that press release.

They announced in (I think) June that 7 of their broadway shows are closing, including Six & Footloose. But didn't say the fate of Choir of Man or the Donna Summer musical.

15 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Do you have a source for the 'Broadway out'?  I don't see any mention of dropping other shows in that press release.

They've already closed a number of shows and this is going into the theatres where the shows used to be.  I'm not sure how this is not a replacement for the shows.

Of course the audience participation will be at a cost, similar to Deal or No Deal, I assume.

Nice move NCL, replace a free broadway show with a revenue generating game show.  True to form, it's all about increasing that onboard spend (aka nickle and diming).

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PATRLR said:

They've already closed a number of shows and this is going into the theatres where the shows used to be.  I'm not sure how this is not a replacement for the shows.

They could do the game show during the daytime and then it would not have to replace anything...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

They could do the game show during the daytime and then it would not have to replace anything...

The Choir of Man lead guy did say last week to the audience they were going to be in the States very soon starting in FL doing their show. So assuming they are not long for the Escape. I believe he said February but not certain. And planned on multiple cities across US.

22 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Of course the audience participation will be at a cost, similar to Deal or No Deal, I assume.

Nice move NCL, replace a free broadway show with a revenue generating game show.  True to form, it's all about increasing that onboard spend (aka nickle and diming).

The Price is Right on Prima didn't have a cost.   Hopefully 'Wheel' is complimentary.

Here’s what I ask…

“We are committed to providing our guests with quality entertainment across their cruise journey,” said Craig Steyn, vice president of onboard revenue operations of Norwegian Cruise

Does the VP of Onboard Revenue typically handle the production shows and entertainment?  Clearly this is an offering that NCL will have to generate revenue, like bingo and Deal or No Deal.  

I didn’t see anywhere in the release that said it was replacing nightly entertainment.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I think it’s in addition to.  Stage manager on the Bliss this past Spring said COM has a contract for a few more years!

The only big theater show that is being replaced with something else is SIX and FOOTLOOSE from her information!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1