Coffee House Style Breakfast

smj

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Which is wonderful, but let’s not insist everyone do so. (Not saying that you do, just making a plea.)

I eat healthy 48 weeks of the year so I can indulge on vacations and holidays. Bring on the buttered croissants!

love them!! Issue is that because I eat healthy most of the time at home  I feel crappy when I don't so no worth it to me.. Small treats for sure on the ship  but I want to feel vibrant while on vacation. Save most of my 'treats' for happy hour!!

On 10/10/2023 at 10:15 AM, MandL said:

This turned out to be a great thread.  Especially appreciated the posts of the current menus.  We’re Elite Plus, and have been dining in Blu and Luminae.  Reading through the comments was a good reminder for multiple reasons to come catch a nice breakfast put on for Captains Club Members.

Concur Mandi regarding this is a great thread.  We are Zenith now and have only dined in Luminae or OV for breakfast.  Just learned about the great breakfasts put on for Captains Club members!  WOW!  On Constellation for 21 days over Christmas/NYE, so will be "trying out" the Captains Club Member Breakfast😜

4 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Concur Mandi regarding this is a great thread.  We are Zenith now and have only dined in Luminae or OV for breakfast.  Just learned about the great breakfasts put on for Captains Club members!  WOW!  On Constellation for 21 days over Christmas/NYE, so will be "trying out" the Captains Club Member Breakfast😜

It’s always surprising when someone who has cruised a lot has been unaware of the elite breakfast. Do give it a try

• Like 1

Any problems with grabbing mimosas or specialty coffee to go? Might be sailing sans beverage package in December and relying on included non-alcoholic, happy hour, and self brought wine (short 5 night cruise). Do they actually charge corkage for self brought if no beverage package or is it a hit or miss thing? Usually have done the AI but RCI and Celebrity beverage packages have skyrocketed to the point it is not economically beneficial when your traveling partners rarely drink more than 2-3 alcoholic drinks a day.

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Any problems with grabbing mimosas or specialty coffee to go? Might be sailing sans beverage package in December and relying on included non-alcoholic, happy hour, and self brought wine (short 5 night cruise). Do they actually charge corkage for self brought if no beverage package or is it a hit or miss thing? Usually have done the AI but RCI and Celebrity beverage packages have skyrocketed to the point it is not economically beneficial when your traveling partners rarely drink more than 2-3 alcoholic drinks a day.

maybe you can take out coffee from the Elite breakfast..never saw anyone leave with a drink....but maybe? in general,  It's a  lite breakfast  not bar to go event!

corkage fees apply at dining

• Thanks 1

This is something we have not yet tried but looks great and  planning to in 5 weeks. I really must read what perks we get with captains club we must miss out on so much! That’s why cruise critic is so useful, I have time to read the threads but never seem to have time while cruising to read all the literature they leave. 

Edited by sunlover33

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

They do not offer to go beverages.  I have seen several people ask over the years and they have all been refused.

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

They do not offer to go beverages.  I have seen several people ask over the years and they have all been refused.

Thanks. Wife sleeps in a little more than I do, so I usually go grab coffee to bring back for her, especially on sea days. We will do room service coffee when we know we will be up at a certain time. I actually prefer regular brewed coffee over the expresso style so just running up to the coffee station works for me. 

18 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s always surprising when someone who has cruised a lot has been unaware of the elite breakfast. Do give it a try

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

5 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Thanks. Wife sleeps in a little more than I do, so I usually go grab coffee to bring back for her, especially on sea days. We will do room service coffee when we know we will be up at a certain time. I actually prefer regular brewed coffee over the expresso style so just running up to the coffee station works for me. 

6 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

This is something we have not yet tried but looks great and  planning to in 5 weeks. I really must read what perks we get with captains club we must miss out on so much! That’s why cruise critic is so useful, I have time to read the threads but never seem to have time while cruising to read all the literature they leave. 

That's DH and me also🤣   But it appears we are not the only ones.........which is why these threads are so valuable.  I think I learn something new each time I log in to CC.

10 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

That's DH and me also🤣   But it appears we are not the only ones.........which is why these threads are so valuable.  I think I learn something new each time I log in to CC.

When we were first ‘Elite’ it was in the pre suite perk days and pre drinks packages. The perks at that time were well worth having! Free evening cocktail drinks in the Sky Lounge with entertainment and tasty little nibbles in the company of other regular cruisers. At breakfast Bellinis and specialty coffees and the presence of the Captain’s Club host. With no suite Concierge to help with any difficulties or arrange any treats the Captain’s Club host was the only alternative to queuing at guest services.

Now the only Elite Perk we seem to use is the Elite breakfast….I am a real fan, especially on S class…I always find the Luminae breakfast takes too long and finishes too early…

On 10/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you are Elite and above it just a place to get free speciality coffee, some alcoholic drinks and a lite breakfast 

If you have a drink package , I would pass 

I rarely buy a drinks package but I do like the mimosas and peach bellinis. Usually there shortly after 8 to enjoy a drink then take a second one to the MDR for a full breakfast. 

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Now the only Elite Perk we seem to use is the Elite breakfast….I am a real fan, especially on S class…I always find the Luminae breakfast takes too long and finishes too early…

I do not mind a relaxing breakfast and I much prefer a breakfast with hot dishes over a continental breakfast that is excessive in carbohydrates.  Give me two eggs over easy, country ham, and grits any day. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I do not mind a relaxing breakfast and I much prefer a breakfast with hot dishes over a continental breakfast that is excessive in carbohydrates.  Give me two eggs over easy, country ham, and grits any day. 

good to have choices..many pop in after an early more hearty meal!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

good to have choices..many pop in after an early more hearty meal!

Yes, we have done that. A nice refreshing Mimosa or Bellini after a hearty breakfast is a good thing. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not a fan of all the Danish pastry loaded with sugar. I'm even fussy about the croissants onboard as I get the real deal when I travel to Europe; there's just no comparison

😆 

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Not a fan of all the Danish pastry loaded with sugar. I'm even fussy about the croissants onboard as I get the real deal when I travel to Europe; there's just no comparison

😆

I confess to being a huge fan of the almond croissants.  However, on our last cruise I discovered the pistachio rolls and fell in love with them.  I am also a sucker for a good cinnamon bun, especially the ones with walnuts.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

When we were first ‘Elite’ it was in the pre suite perk days and pre drinks packages. The perks at that time were well worth having! Free evening cocktail drinks in the Sky Lounge with entertainment and tasty little nibbles in the company of other regular cruisers. At breakfast Bellinis and specialty coffees and the presence of the Captain’s Club host. With no suite Concierge to help with any difficulties or arrange any treats the Captain’s Club host was the only alternative to queuing at guest services.

I tend to sleep in, since on vacation, so Luminae breakfast ending at 9:00 a.m. is problematic, but Captain's Club Elite breakfast will work well!😃

On 10/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, SusieAV8R said:

The beauty is they are open late compared to other locations. 

We are not big breakfast eaters and often have our breakfast in Retreat.   They have a nice hot/cold table with Fresh Fruit, Cheeses, Meats, Greek Yogurt with Berries, Fresh Squeezed OJ, and a selection of breads and sweet pastries.   They are also open until about 10:00 AM

On ships that have not been Revolutionized they have menu service with the same items. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The beauty is they are open late compared to other locations. 

We are not big breakfast eaters and often have our breakfast in Retreat.   They have a nice hot/cold table with Fresh Fruit, Cheeses, Meats, Greek Yogurt with Berries, Fresh Squeezed OJ, and a selection of breads and sweet pastries.   They are also open until about 10:00 AM

On ships that have not been Revolutionized they have menu service with the same items. 

Thanks Jim_lain!  DH and I have choices we were unaware of; this is great.  😃

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Thanks Jim_lain!  DH and I have choices we were unaware of; this is great.  😃

It is perfect for us and very peaceful. Couple pictures of what to expect. 

Cant really see the Yogurt and Berries but far back in this picture

IMG_2107.thumb.jpeg.4e186467117a1563c03037afb2cc16a3.jpeg

Hot sticky buns... not like the old ones but pretty good

IMG_4999.thumb.jpeg.3c46b5e575676305d374cf2cc89c8411.jpeg

They have Regular, Almond and Nutella Croissants daily.

IMG_2106.thumb.jpeg.9ea20a88cf91423618f6aa19747315b4.jpeg

They also have Gluten Free Rolls and muffins

IMG_2108.thumb.jpeg.6395b3fa1a70e5c9d0674a53b09921c9.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 10/10/2023 at 10:46 AM, DaKahuna said:

I was born and raised in the South.  Growing up I was always taught that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.  I enjoy breakfast foods so much that I can eat them for any meal.  Eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, sausage gravy & biscuits, etc.   My ideal way to start a sea day on a cruise is to have a nice early hot breakfast of eggs cooked to order, a protein of my choice, and toasted bread.  I usually take orange juice and coffee but often skip those with breakfast on sea days.  After finishing my hot breakfast, I usually have my DW, who is not a big breakfast eater, join me at the Elite Breakfast.  I'll have a mimosa or Bellini  and coffee (usually with Bailey's of course), while my DW will have her apple juice and pastries of choice.  

Now if only Celebrity could make a real sausage gravy & biscuits offering then all would be right with the world. 

The biscuits on our last Equinox cruise were the size of silver dollars.  The gravy was good, but tiny, tiny, biscuits?