Princess Plus Questions

The Admiral

57 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Coffee (non-specialty), ice tea, and lemonade are available anytime in the buffet, along with water. You can bring a refillable bottle and fill it up there. Also, you may bring a twelve-pack/pp of non-alcoholic beverages onboard (soda/pop, seltzer, etc.) and keep in your room refrigerator.

Water is also available from the tap in your cabin. Ship's tap water is perfectly good for drinking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 11:47 AM, WisCruiser2 said:

Coffee (non-specialty), ice tea, and lemonade are available anytime in the buffet, along with water. You can bring a refillable bottle and fill it up there. Also, you may bring a twelve-pack/pp of non-alcoholic beverages onboard (soda/pop, seltzer, etc.) and keep in your room refrigerator.

So if I order an ice tea in the MDR, it costs money but not if I get it at the buffet?

21 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

So if I order an ice tea in the MDR, it costs money but not if I get it at the buffet?

No, I think iced tea is available at no charge in the MDR, but we haven't cruised since 2020 so I'm sure someone else can either confirm or deny this.

• Like 2

The other thing with these premium packages, from what I have read is that you get "Per Cruise"

2 x Casual Dining

2 x Fitness sessions

Per cruise is the same if you have a 7 day a 15 day or a 22 day cruise from what I have seen.  That's a ripoff, it should be per 7 days.

Edited by mrell345
  • Like 3

Considering a cruise on the Crown in February. Not totally newbie to Princess, but last time we sailed was probably 15 years ago.  

To me the value is in the drinks, pre-paid gratuities, WiFi and more.  The desserts look like something teen-aged kids would enjoy.  I would be nice if you could get something a little less candy-ish and messy looking and something more decadent.  

With that said, I'm glad for these boards as I am trying to figure out all the new lingo and nuanced stuff offered by PCL in the various packages and room perks, etc.

• Like 3

On 10/3/2023 at 8:28 PM, Lady Arwen said:

I indulge in the occasional dessert, but this is not it!  Not worth all the calories and probably tastes as bad as it looks.  Now, cheesecake, that’s a whole different story…bring it on!

On our last cruise we were entitled to eat 28 of those desserts between us, we ate one. Awful. I think they had a bit of a nerve calling this a $336 value.

• Like 6

Guest Snaxmuppet
On 10/4/2023 at 5:52 PM, Lady Arwen said:

I intend to ask someone else in line if they would like them.  I would never eat them and if they could be enjoyed by a fellow passenger, then I’m happy to oblige.

Don't forget... sharing of Plus benefits with others is not allowed. I realise this sound petty of me to mention it but I could easily imagine someone giving away their Premium Dessert only to be pulled up for sharing.

If it was down to me I'd just take gelato. 

Guest Snaxmuppet
8 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Don't forget... sharing of Plus benefits with others is not allowed. I realise this sound petty of me to mention it but I could easily imagine someone giving away their Premium Dessert only to be pulled up for sharing.

@Lady Arwen Really? That is funny? I only mention it just to remind people of the fact... I am not saying I agree with it! I'd give away all my Premium Desserts if it was allowed. They are truly rubbish IMO and I don't know why Princess introduced them.

9 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Please read my post #44.  Thank you for your concern.  I’ll try not to get thrown off the ship at the next port or sent to the brig for insubordination. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

@Lady Arwen Really? That is funny? I only mention it just to remind people of the fact... I am not saying I agree with it! I'd give away all my Premium Desserts if it was allowed. They are truly rubbish IMO and I don't know why Princess introduced them.

Rest assured nobody is going to commit the sin of sharing ice cream on my watch.  lol

• Haha 2

Guest Snaxmuppet
28 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Rest assured nobody is going to commit the sin of sharing ice cream on my watch.  lol

So you like them then?

On 10/5/2023 at 6:23 PM, PH2 said:

New to Princess - we just booked a January 2025 12-night cruise - and I'm trying to understand the value of the plus package. Plus was about $720 a person more than cruise only for our booking. I decided against it for the time being as I gather more info about the value.

We booked a balcony, so gratuities (at least at today's price) would be $32 for 12 nights ($384). WiFi for two 1-device packages is $30 (so $360 for the cruise). I'm assuming 1 device each means we can use it on multiple devices, just 1 device at a time?

So for the most important stuff (for us), that's $744. That leaves just under $700 for drinks and the other stuff (won't use the fitness class, don't drink juice, I already eat too many desserts on cruises, we decide on extra food purchases as we go - not sure we'd use the casual dining meals, don't need room service). I don't assign much value to that stuff since we don't need it. For easy math, I'll say that stuff is worth $100 just as a buffer for the almost certain price increases on WiFi and gratuities between now and then. So that leaves $600 for drinks, about $50 a day or about three $15 drinks a day.

So for this to make sense for us, we'd need to have at least 4-5 drinks between us a day. Does that sound about right? Am I missing anything (other than, I'm sure, not caring as much about drinking as many other people)?

Don't forget the specialty coffees and bottled water.  Also the 15 a day doesn't include the 3.20 tip added to each drink.  You will each get one Wi-Fi.  It doesn't make sense for a lot of people but I enjoy the freedom of not having to worry about my coffee and drink intake.  

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

You do have to be a little discreet when sharing although one night at Trivia you would never know it. 😄

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

You do have to be a little discreet when sharing although one night at Trivia you would never know it. 😄

Never done Trivia 😉 

3 hours ago, candy4040 said:

Don't forget the specialty coffees and bottled water.  Also the 15 a day doesn't include the 3.20 tip added to each drink.  You will each get one Wi-Fi.  It doesn't make sense for a lot of people but I enjoy the freedom of not having to worry about my coffee and drink intake.  

What $3.20? The plus and premier packages include the 18% beverage service charge. Nothing is added. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my message.  If you don't have the package and you buy a drink you also must pay the tip in addition to the cost of the drink.  Sorry.

I thought you were saying that the $15 per drink limit for Plus didn't include the gratuities. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candy4040 said:

Right, but we don't drink coffee and have no problem filling tumblers with ice and water at the buffet. I appreciate bottled water, but it isn't necessary. On Celebrity in Retreat we were served Evian at every meal but I could have easily done without and just had regular ice water. So, I don't put much value in those benefits of the package, which is why I'm hedging on whether it's worth $1400 for mainly WiFi, gratuities and a couple of drinks.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:59 AM, PH2 said:

... We specifically booked this cruise to test out how much we might like a longer cruise compared to the standard 6/7 day cruises. Both of those cruises were tons of fun but went so fast. By the time we were ready to relax a bit after 3 port days, it was over.

Anyway, good to think it all through...

Ruh roh! This is how it starts. Six to seven day cruises aren't enough. You just learn the ship layout and then it's time to pack and get off.

OK, so we'll try a 10-day cruise. Oh that's better but hmm ... that two-week cruise looks nice. That was good and we started to get to know the staff.

Next thing you know you're booking month-long cruises and salivating about world cruises. It's a slippery slope but at least when you hit the bottom, you're on a cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, PH2 said:

Right, but we don't drink coffee and have no problem filling tumblers with ice and water at the buffet. I appreciate bottled water, but it isn't necessary. On Celebrity in Retreat we were served Evian at every meal but I could have easily done without and just had regular ice water. So, I don't put much value in those benefits of the package, which is why I'm hedging on whether it's worth $1400 for mainly WiFi, gratuities and a couple of drinks.

For $1400, you could book an additional cruise without the package.

I can see how the package might be worth it for people who regularly drink alcohol.  For those that don't, I have a difficult time justifying the price.  But, as stockholders, I'm glad there are those that can!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

For $1400, you could book an additional cruise without the package.

I can see how the package might be worth it for people who regularly drink alcohol.  For those that don't, I have a difficult time justifying the price.  But, as stockholders, I'm glad there are those that can!

Yet some people seem to justify the packages only having 2 or 3 drinks a day.