Accidentally booked wrong date and offer now over!

Nixieh

Last night I booked a Med cruise but have realised today that I accidentally booked 26th Aug instead of 4th Aug!! I blame menopause brain fog and the weird blue/white boxes for selecting dates.  I could cry because I could only afford the cruise because of the offer that was on that finished last night! I can’t go on 26th as I am a teacher.  Do you think there is any chance they will let me change it and honour the original sale price? If not I have lost the £300 deposit and now won’t be able to go at all.                                      PS I have never sailed Celebrity before and doubt will ever have the chance again as so much more expensive than my normal lines (Princess, P&O, Royal Caribbean) 😢

Edited by Nixieh
Added

38 minutes ago, Nixieh said:

Last night I booked a Med cruise but have realised today that I accidentally booked 26th Aug instead of 4th Aug!! I blame menopause brain fog and the weird blue/white boxes for selecting dates.  I could cry because I could only afford the cruise because of the offer that was on that finished last night! I can’t go on 26th as I am a teacher.  Do you think there is any chance they will let me change it and honour the original sale price? If not I have lost the £300 deposit and now won’t be able to go at all.                                      PS I have never sailed Celebrity before and doubt will ever have the chance again as so much more expensive than my normal lines (Princess, P&O, Royal Caribbean) 😢

Not much chance of them honoring the sale price.  And you may have to pay a change fee,  not sure about that

You can try for the next promotion. Note, though, that those cruises get cheaper toward the end of August, so the 8/4 sailing might be more expensive overall. Last fall I was on sabbatical (yippee!), and booked a later August cruise for less than the ones in early August. Naturally, when you go back to work, the kiddies go back to school and fewer people can travel.

Sorry fr delay in updating. Am so thrilled because a lovely customer services guy managed to swap the dates for me this morning to the date I thought I had booked and only paid what I wld hv paid yesterday. So impressef with Celebrity. Hopefully my cruise will be great too. Thanks for all the replies. 
ps I am in Uk

• Like 43
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Nixieh said:

Sorry fr delay in updating. Am so thrilled because a lovely customer services guy managed to swap the dates for me this morning to the date I thought I had booked and only paid what I wld hv paid yesterday. So impressef with Celebrity. Hopefully my cruise will be great too. Thanks for all the replies. 
ps I am in Uk

Great service from X UK 😞

6 hours ago, Nixieh said:

ps I am in Uk

You are very lucky!  Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Had a similar situation a few months ago. I was told (calling from UK) that you can cancel within 24 hours.

Just to note…

You’ll find it a tad different to P&O just as Ibis hotel are different to W Hotels. 
Also, don’t book your drinks package until special offers come online and you’ll find plenty of people on here telling you when they’re available!

Enjoy.

On 10/4/2023 at 4:04 PM, Nixieh said:

They didn’t  even accept the original offer if you decide to change cabins let alone dates. As I found out last week. 

Edited by Pushka

On 10/4/2023 at 2:13 PM, Nixieh said:

ps I am in Uk

Thank you for sharing a Good News story! We’ve always been treated very well by Celebrity. Enjoy your cruise. As a retired teacher, I know how much you deserve a great holiday.

On 10/5/2023 at 8:11 PM, zitsky said:

Happy for the OP.  Is this the same company that everyone is complaining about?

Well, it is the same company dozens (if not hundreds) of people were complaining about when their Japan cruises were cancelled due to overbooking and, IIRC, they were not offered the chance to rebook with price protection. And another group who had a similar experience when the Beyond was repositioned to the Caribbean without giving them the chance to rebook with price protection.

Yes, that company. So, let's forget all that and cheer because in this calendar year they made an accommodation for a grand total of 2--count 'em, two--people, while leaving what may be thousands SOL.

Edited by mayleeman