Shareholders OBC is rejected if you use a travel agent

15 minutes ago, Panhandle Couple said:

But we have been approved on our 2nd cruise in December. And we used a TA for both.  

Don't assume everything you read here is correct.

Good point

3 hours ago, LDEE said:

Good to know so I can sell the stock before it loses any more value.

It seems some people cherry pick what they read in a thread, and totally ignore the people who have posted that they did get the shareholder's OBC when using a TA.

• Thanks 1

Apologies if my last couple of posts under my wife's account freaked people out.  After months of trying to get her to sign up here, my wife finally got her own account and of course she did it on my computer instead of her laptop which is in for repairs and she did not log out when she was done...  Some time you just can't win! Anyway, back to teh discussionat hand abd as before I hope everyone has a great cruise coming up soon!

1 hour ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

I sent in request form with proof of stock ownership. How can I find out if it is in my account before boarding?

you should of received a new cruise confirmation email. on the confirmation under promo codes look for NCLHBENE promo code

image.png.9dbc40061d815fd92c1f578147ab2cf0.png

25 minutes ago, shof515 said:

you should of received a new cruise confirmation email. on the confirmation under promo codes look for NCLHBENE promo code

image.png.9dbc40061d815fd92c1f578147ab2cf0.png

I've received the shareholder OBC many times.  You are correct that it will show up on any invoices sent to me after it is applied.  That said, when they apply it I usually just receive an email confirmation and less frequently also receive an email with an amenity confirmation.  I don't believe that they have ever sent me an updated invoice just because they applied the shareholder OBC.

45 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

image.png.da4b3d92bfbd9d354053bc29668e7308.png

Just to note that sometimes it shows as a purchased item. That happened to me last month, it usually showed as shown as above,  it for that trip it showed as a purchased item.  Either way, you should have received an acknowledgement of receipt for the submission with a case number and when it is applied it will show on the website.  

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've received the shareholder OBC many times.  You are correct that it will show up on any invoices sent to me after it is applied.  That said, when they apply it I usually just receive an email confirmation and less frequently also receive an email with an amenity confirmation.  I don't believe that they have ever sent me an updated invoice just because they applied the shareholder OBC.

I've always received an updated amenity, as well as en email confirmation:

image.png.2a298a217fa3e96361545951459b1710.png

image.png.ed1f6be45179d32fa3573be7742051fc.png

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I've always received an updated amenity, as well as en email confirmation:

image.png.2a298a217fa3e96361545951459b1710.png

image.png.ed1f6be45179d32fa3573be7742051fc.png

Yes.  This is what I described, and I don't always receive the amenity email.  The other poster was talking about receiving an updated cruise invoice showing promo codes.  I've seen those, but only when I've received them for something else (like a reprice).

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes.  This is what I described, and I don't always receive the amenity email.  The other poster was talking about receiving an updated cruise invoice showing promo codes.  I've seen those, but only when I've received them for something else (like a reprice).

ahhh, you're right.  I only get those if I do a major change, like a reprice

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

I sent in request form with proof of stock ownership. How can I find out if it is in my account before boarding?

Mine shows in my summary as on board spending, as a vacation add-on, and there is a note on the payment tab saying my booking includes a $100 onboard credit. However, in the past if I had additional OBC, sometimes it didn't all show.

I have always gotten a "noreply" confirmation of my request, I usually get an email confirming that it's been applied, I sometimes get an updated amenity confirmation, I've never gotten an updated statement.

If you make a change to your reservation, you should see the NCLHBENE promo code and the OBC should also be listed on the updated confirmation from NCL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Mine shows in my summary as on board spending, as a vacation add-on, and there is a note on the payment tab saying my booking includes a $100 onboard credit. However, in the past if I had additional OBC, sometimes it didn't all show.

I have always gotten a "noreply" confirmation of my request, I usually get an email confirming that it's been applied, I sometimes get an updated amenity confirmation, I've never gotten an updated statement.

If you make a change to your reservation, you should see the NCLHBENE promo code and the OBC should also be listed on the updated confirmation from NCL.

Exactly.

On 10/9/2023 at 1:36 AM, cruiser2015 said:

When I first asked my TA to contact NCL (as instructed by an NCL agent), my TA called them with me on hold. She came back and told me that NCL refused the credit as we were past the final payment date. So, I called NCL again, told the agent what transpired and was informed that the standard policy was to use the 120 day cutoff, but exceptions have already been made and that as my cruise date was still far off (over 100 days) enough that I would get my credit as long as the TA called.

Wait a minute...they said it couldn't be applied after final payment date? Seriously?? If that's the case why do they have the following blurb in the Shareholder Benefits?

All shareholder benefit requests must be received at least fifteen days prior to sailing date.

Wouldn't 15 days be after final payment date?

Edited by schmoopie17

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Wait a minute...they said it couldn't be applied after final payment date? Seriously?? If that's the case why do they have the following blurb in the Shareholder Benefits?

All shareholder benefit requests must be received at least fifteen days prior to sailing date.

Wouldn't 15 days be after final payment date?

Wait a minute indeed.

You're in the wrong context. If you saw my prior post, about a day earlier, you would know that my comments were regarding the NCL Veterans Discount Program. Nothing to do directly with the Shareholder benefit.

I was just bringing up, using a different program, how the "rules" can be bent at times and to not accept the first answer you receive from an NCL rep - if you don't like their answer.

On 11/2/2023 at 5:55 PM, Panhandle Couple said:

But we have been approved on our 2nd cruise in December. And we used a TA for both.  

Don't assume everything you read here is correct.

100% correct. Got mine just fine. Just filed the form and got acknowledgment back next day!

On 11/2/2023 at 4:54 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Many have confirmed you can still get shareholders benefits even if you use a TA.

Indeed I did receive the SBC and used a TA.   Now if only the stock value would improve. Remember when it paid dividends?