Shareholders OBC is rejected if you use a travel agent

BirdTravels- You seem to be coming from a TA viewpoint, I am not attacking my TA, just repeating what they told me. I do not have irate unprofessional conversation, not my personality. I do however like to be 

treated with respect and have things explained to me. At no time did the TA say it was a choice between their price and my benefit. I did receive a $100 OBC, a one time $50 excursion, a one way transport from the airport from them. My shareholder credit is $250. My point was why does that cause my shareholder benefit to be rejected.

It's not an unreasonable question. I paid $5600 for the balcony, not a travel agent price.

When I called NCL the agent put me on hold and came back with a reason of "capacity controlled offer".

That wasn't because I was irate, it was the answer they gave me and they would not let me talk to a supervisor because I used a TA. 

After submitting it to NCL again third time with a request for them to take another look and explanation they emailed me this morning and my Shareholder benefit was granted. So thanks to everyone who was supportive. My intention of posting was to see if anyone else had this experience and what to do about it. In the end NCL came through and this board was helpful. Thanks.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

From the context of the OP post

1) The TA told them of the benefits of booking with the TA and they took those perks. 

2) “you should be happy” sounds like a reaction to an irate, unprofessional conversation. After which the OP has burned any bridge of getting help. 

Some TAs give onboard perks. Some give OBC. Some also give cash back in store gift cards. All are going to be more than the $100 shareholder credit. 

All I hear is a lot of victim noises without the full story. 

You should expect that a TA will use a discounted fare. Why would you expect anything less. 

I get what you're saying, but saying "you should be happy" is still not professional/acceptable.  I know it can suck sometimes, but when you're in a customer service role, you have to keep it professional.  I manage a support group as well as support two call centers.  If someone is being berated, they come to me or their supervisor, but still need to keep it professional at all times 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MountainToTheSea said:

BirdTravels- You seem to be coming from a TA viewpoint, I am not attacking my TA, just repeating what they told me. I do not have irate unprofessional conversation, not my personality. I do however like to be 

treated with respect and have things explained to me. At no time did the TA say it was a choice between their price and my benefit. I did receive a $100 OBC, a one time $50 excursion, a one way transport from the airport from them. My shareholder credit is $250. My point was why does that cause my shareholder benefit to be rejected.

It's not an unreasonable question. I paid $5600 for the balcony, not a travel agent price.

When I called NCL the agent put me on hold and came back with a reason of "capacity controlled offer".

That wasn't because I was irate, it was the answer they gave me and they would not let me talk to a supervisor because I used a TA. 

After submitting it to NCL again third time with a request for them to take another look and explanation they emailed me this morning and my Shareholder benefit was granted. So thanks to everyone who was supportive. My intention of posting was to see if anyone else had this experience and what to do about it. In the end NCL came through and this board was helpful. Thanks.

Yay!!! I guess the third time was the charm. 👍

2 hours ago, MountainToTheSea said:

i am not surprised that happen. I sometimes have to submit my request multiple times. it seems to be luck of the draw on if you get a decent qualify person at ncl hq that knows what they are doing. this also applys to the call center staff. sometimes you need to call back a few times to get the correct answer with a person that has lots of knowledge 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MountainToTheSea said:

Glad to hear it finally worked out. It really is a shame that it had to take three tries. All the excuses they gave you for rejecting it the first times seemed to be made up, just something said to get you off the phone.

16 hours ago, MountainToTheSea said:

Sounds like maybe NCL was indeed the issue! Glad they finally honored it. 

Hmm. Very odd. I book thru my AMEX TA to get their freebies. Also received my shareholder benefit a few days later. Must be something off. Hopefully you tried to submit again.

Glad to hear you sorted it out..

Edited by alexgtp

On 10/10/2023 at 10:23 AM, MountainToTheSea said:

After reading this, I resubmitted my request and it was approved!  So thank you for letting us know you got yours finally.  I probably would not have tried again without reading this.

• Like 2

We leave on the Bliss Oct 31st. Just went in to print our edocs showing our stock credit and it was gone.  It was not showing in the NCL app either and had previously.  Our amenity invoice from NCL for this cruise was received this past March.  I checked 2 other cruises where we had received our stock credit and they were gone too.  Those amenity invoices for Feb 2024 and May 2024 were received in June of 2022, so not recent requests.  Just got off the phone with NCL and she stated it was an issue with the TA using the "flex net" code on our reservations. We've used the same TA for all our cruises and have never had an issue getting our credit.  I asked if this was a recent NCL change and she said she hadn't heard of any changes, and this was the first call she's received about the issue.  She talked to the help desk since we are only 10 days out and they were able to credit our account.  I was told since the others are not until next year, I need to contact our TA and have them fix their code. When I asked the rep if the TA would know what needed to be done to correct the issue she said "yes, they'll know" so we'll see.  At least we got our credit for our Oct 31st cruise. Check your accounts if you previously submitted, and received, stock credits!

4 hours ago, Indyopie said:

We leave on the Bliss Oct 31st. Just went in to print our edocs showing our stock credit and it was gone.  It was not showing in the NCL app either and had previously.  Our amenity invoice from NCL for this cruise was received this past March.  I checked 2 other cruises where we had received our stock credit and they were gone too.  Those amenity invoices for Feb 2024 and May 2024 were received in June of 2022, so not recent requests.  Just got off the phone with NCL and she stated it was an issue with the TA using the "flex net" code on our reservations. We've used the same TA for all our cruises and have never had an issue getting our credit.  I asked if this was a recent NCL change and she said she hadn't heard of any changes, and this was the first call she's received about the issue.  She talked to the help desk since we are only 10 days out and they were able to credit our account.  I was told since the others are not until next year, I need to contact our TA and have them fix their code. When I asked the rep if the TA would know what needed to be done to correct the issue she said "yes, they'll know" so we'll see.  At least we got our credit for our Oct 31st cruise. Check your accounts if you previously submitted, and received, stock credits!

Does anyone have any idea what a "flex code"is?

On 10/21/2023 at 5:17 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

Shareholders OBC is rejected if you use a travel agent...

A fine example of how to tell everyone you are commenting on a thread without actually reading the thread. 

On 10/21/2023 at 5:17 PM, MoCruiseFan said:

Yet another reason to not waste time/money on a TA!

Waste money?  My TAs save me money.  Lots of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Fine, give us an example of the prices you get and how using a TA is a waste of money?  

So someone has the opinion that using a TA is a waste of time and money. An opinion that you don't share.

So what?

Why can't they simply have their opinion without having to provide examples or otherwise prove it to you? Sheeesh. If they are wrong, let them be. They hurt nobody but themselves.

1 hour ago, Capitan Obvious said:

So someone has the opinion that using a TA is a waste of time and money. An opinion that you don't share.

So what?

Why can't they simply have their opinion without having to provide examples or otherwise prove it to you? Sheeesh. If they are wrong, let them be. They hurt nobody but themselves.

You missed the obvious point that if there is a better/cheaper way to take I cruise, I would like to know what it is.

3 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

So what?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not to their own set of facts.