Sky suite benefits for family in other rooms

Sirv

Hello,

we have 6 people(2 adults 4 teens) traveling with us and we booked a crown loft suite and a normal balcony. Due to the age restrictions on the rooms my wife had to be assigned to the normal room . I would really like her to be able to enjoy the sky suite perks still with me. Do you think royal will allow her to get a key that has access to the loft suite and can get perks? 

In paper NO, BUT.....

You have described a booking method that others have used.  In your case it is doubtful the two family members (the wife and one child) in a standard cabin will be denied Coastal Kitchen dining, theater seating, drinks in the suite lounge, priority boarding etc  associated with the suite and provided to the husband and other 3 children.  I've never heard of an instance (here or in other social media sites) where the family was not provided benefits as a whole. I guess Royal didn't expect this issue to come up or come up often.

In reality, they could tell you that if you want to do things together (dine, venue seating, etc) , then you have to give up the suite benefits.  doubtful

M

• Like 1

Unfortunately, your wife and child will not have a designated "suites" card.  Let's face it...they are not in a suite.  You saved money by booking the standard cabin for them.  

In hindsight, could have booked two suites if you were concerned about everyone getting suites perks?

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately, your wife and child will not have a designated "suites" card.  Let's face it...they are not in a suite.  You saved money by booking the standard cabin for them.  

In hindsight, could have booked two suites if you were concerned about everyone getting suites perks?

Appreciate the response. All the suites at this class level are sold out, we got the last one at this level. My kids in the suite really won’t  use the perks, we really use it for the adults. when a family spends over 17k for just rooms you would hope there is some wiggle room. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sirv said:

Appreciate the response. All the suites at this class level are sold out, we got the last one at this level. My kids in the suite really won’t  use the perks, we really use it for the adults. when a family spends over 17k for just rooms you would hope there is some wiggle room. 

I do not think anyone here takes joy in the fact that you will probably not be able to get them suite access. We have no ax to grind. Most of the posters are very experienced with disappointment over the years learning the "rules" so they can share the truth with you.

The suite perks are very nice. Everyone would like to have them.  Many of the ships are very full and you have said that all of the suites are sold.  This would indicate that many of the suite only accessible venues are going to be full of guests with little wiggle room to try and accommodate non-suite guests, no matter how well intended.

RCI has shown an increased effort to ensure that only suite guests have access to the perks due to the high suite occupancy of this past year. There are many posts describing how Pinnacles who used to have access to some of the suite perks are now being denied those perks because of the spaces dedicated to suite guest being overloaded with non-suite cruisers.

• Like 4

I feel that more than extending suite perks to the whole group, the OP is more interested in transferring the perks from which ever teen was booked in the suite with him to his wife, who had to be booked in the non-suite with the other 3 teens.

Once boarded, I am sure they will get extra cards so that he and his wife are both in the suite, while the 4 teens (or maybe its 3 & 3?) are in the non-suite.

The 2 adults should get the suite perks, not one of the 4 teens. But as in the original post, RCI won't let them book it that way, there has to be an adult in each room.

Kind of sucks. I have no idea if the hotel manager or suite concierge has any power to do any swapping like that. I feel for you, especially since you sound like you would have been fine paying for 2 suites, but only 1 was available. If that's the case, did you ask about wait listing for a second suite?

14 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

I feel that more than extending suite perks to the whole group, the OP is more interested in transferring the perks from which ever teen was booked in the suite with him to his wife, who had to be booked in the non-suite with the other 3 teens.

Once boarded, I am sure they will get extra cards so that he and his wife are both in the suite, while the 4 teens (or maybe its 3 & 3?) are in the non-suite.

The 2 adults should get the suite perks, not one of the 4 teens. But as in the original post, RCI won't let them book it that way, there has to be an adult in each room.

Kind of sucks. I have no idea if the hotel manager or suite concierge has any power to do any swapping like that. I feel for you, especially since you sound like you would have been fine paying for 2 suites, but only 1 was available. If that's the case, did you ask about wait listing for a second suite?

Great point about getting on waitlist. We did not, but will call and do that. Also agree that we are willing to give up someone else’s perks in order for the adults to have them. Really appreciate everyone’s responses and thoughts. We are not trying to scam the system and will gladly trade off one person for another.

Another option to consider: find another adult to join your group.  That adult could stay in the balcony with two teens.  You, your wife. and other two teens are in the suite.  That way the teens in the balcony (which is not adjacent to or across the hall from your suite…it is probably far away) are actually supervised by an adult.  The teens might hate that….

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

How close to the suite is the kid's room? There have been situations where they'd let the reservation for the kid's room all be under 21 if the adult room was close.

On most Oasis class ships except Wonder, if they are in a Crown Loft suite, there is only Crown Loft suites on Deck 17, no balcony. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I do not think anyone here takes joy in the fact that you will probably not be able to get them suite access. We have no ax to grind. Most of the posters are very experienced with disappointment over the years learning the "rules" so they can share the truth with you.

The suite perks are very nice. Everyone would like to have them.  Many of the ships are very full and you have said that all of the suites are sold.  This would indicate that many of the suite only accessible venues are going to be full of guests with little wiggle room to try and accommodate non-suite guests, no matter how well intended.

RCI has shown an increased effort to ensure that only suite guests have access to the perks due to the high suite occupancy of this past year. There are many posts describing how Pinnacles who used to have access to some of the suite perks are now being denied those perks because of the spaces dedicated to suite guest being overloaded with non-suite cruisers.

Perfectly stated, and so very true.  

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

How close to the suite is the kid's room? There have been situations where they'd let the reservation for the kid's room all be under 21 if the adult room was close.

Good suggestion, but there are no regular balcony cabins anywhere near the CLS cabins.  Not even close to the same deck. 

Edited by island lady

You should consider two grand suites- everyone in our party would have access to the suite benefits.  While it will cost more- do three in Grand suite  1, and two in grand suite two  How you decided to sleep is your business, but all will be entitled to suite benefits which are great on the Oasis class ships.

• Like 2

If wiggle room was allowed for all

then we would book lowest entry SKY class room and cheapest inside 

and then plead our case with the Concierge and Matre D at CK to break the rules “welll we paid X “ so you should be able to etc etc etc 

I’m sure many have tried and some may have been lucky- for the most part it wont work 

How old are the FOUR teens

If trust worthy - why not once onboard put all 4 of them in balcony and move wife to the CLS

You said teens not interested in perks then just accommodations - easy fix

Then you and wife can eat together in CK and use the SL the teens can eat somewhere else.

Like a family vacation away from the family 😉

Obviously on boarding day you can blag it and flash the SKY boarding passes and all go through together and wait in the designated SUITE class waiting area, likewise on embarkation day do the same

Good luck how ever it works out for you 

and enjoy your cruise 🚢 

BTW - What ship is it that you are sailing that all suites are fully booked ?

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

why not once onboard put all 4 of them in balcony and move wife to the CLS

I think this is exactly what the OP is trying to do....but the wife will have a GenPop seapass card and one of the teens will have "her" suites seapas card.  I guess if they switch cards and nobody tries to identify anyone by name then it should work....

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 7:40 AM, Sirv said:

Hello,

we have 6 people(2 adults 4 teens) traveling with us and we booked a crown loft suite and a normal balcony. Due to the age restrictions on the rooms my wife had to be assigned to the normal room . I would really like her to be able to enjoy the sky suite perks still with me. Do you think royal will allow her to get a key that has access to the loft suite and can get perks? 

I tried to get suite access for my MIL (who has  super duper status  on celebrity, whatever that is, lol), would only allow 1 night , because we were celebrating my daughters 16th bday.This was on Oasis. I understand both sides, but if you want them to at least have dinner with you, book them a jr suite. If they allowed this, everyone with kids would do this.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

If wiggle room was allowed for all

then we would book lowest entry SKY class room and cheapest inside 

and then plead our case with the Concierge and Matre D at CK to break the rules “welll we paid X “ so you should be able to etc etc etc 

I’m sure many have tried and some may have been lucky- for the most part it wont work 

How old are the FOUR teens

If trust worthy - why not once onboard put all 4 of them in balcony and move wife to the CLS

Then you and wife can eat together in CK and use the SL the teens can eat somewhere else.

Like a family vacation away from the family 😉

Obviously on boarding day you can blag it and flash the SKY boarding passes and all go through together and wait in the designated SUITE class waiting area, likewise on embarkation day do the same

Good luck how ever it works out for you 

and enjoy your cruise 🚢 

BTW - What ship is it that you are sailing that all suites are fully booked ?

Oasis of the seas is what we are sailing on.   Getting access to the room will be no issue, it’s swapping who gets the perks was my main question. To me if we remove someone’s perks and add it to someone else that is a net zero. I am not looking to overcrowd these suite areas or even brag about status lol. It’s simply if my wife and I want to enjoy the suite dinning for breakfast together or go to the suite sundeck together I want that. As stated we don’t need the kids to have that. They are happy with all the regular dinning etc, but due to the age restriction of rooms my wife has to be assigned to the other room. 

I think I got what I needed from the post, my simple question was has anyone been able to switch perks due to this situation. Simple yes or no ;). A lot of other assumptions I think are being made and going away from main question. We will just talk to the concierge about it when they call or try it at port. At the end of the day it’s not a huge deal and we will enjoy it however it lands.

Thanks for all the input and I hope everyone enjoys there next cruise!!!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, jptoz said:

I tried to get suite access for my MIL (who has  super duper status  on celebrity, whatever that is, lol), would only allow 1 night , because we were celebrating my daughters 16th bday.This was on Oasis. I understand both sides, but if you want them to at least have dinner with you, book them a jr suite. If they allowed this, everyone with kids would do this.

There is a difference between how they treat minor children travelling with parents who are in a suite vs and adult who is not booked in a suite

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is a difference between how they treat minor children travelling with parents who are in a suite vs and adult who is not booked in a suite

Well if this is the case, I'll do this all the time with my kids. If it works sounds like the way to go.

Edited by jptoz

In December of last year, we booked a suite and they had a cap on quad occupancy so even though we were in a two bed room they would only allow two of us to be in the suite (we were sailing in two weeks). Our twenty year olds were across the hall but I was placed in the inside cabin for legal reasons with one twenty year old and my husband in the suite with the other. On our first day we went to the suite lounge and they keyed my card for the suite perks and the girls just did their thing with no perks. They were very nice and allowed them to eat with us in Coastal Kitchen when ever we wanted (which wasn’t much). This was our experience and will note we were very nice about it, we booked late, took full responsibility for that and didn’t expect anything. We also ate at “off” times when the girls joined us. We never used the suite seats in the venues because the girls didn’t like their location and thought the people who sat their were “stuffy” 🤪 We are also diamond, not sure if that matters but just showing the full picture. 

• Like 1

It's totally worth a shot - from what you've posted here, you're just trying to give your teen's suite perks to your wife. If you're very nice and explain the situation, there's a fair chance that they'll extend your suite perks to her.

It's been a decade now, but back in the day when we sailed on Monarch of the Seas for my sister's graduation cruise (I'm really aging myself), I was booked in a Grand Suite with my parents, and my sister was booked in an inside stateroom with her friends. Our suite host met my sister and was so excited and welcoming - he invited her to join us in the suite lounge on the ship and at Coco Cay (this was before Coco Cay was the "Perfect Day").

Now, if you really want to make sure that your wife gets the suite perks, you could swap adults in the rooms and assign yourself to the standard balcony. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

It's totally worth a shot - from what you've posted here, you're just trying to give your teen's suite perks to your wife. If you're very nice and explain the situation, there's a fair chance that they'll extend your suite perks to her.

It's been a decade now, but back in the day when we sailed on Monarch of the Seas for my sister's graduation cruise (I'm really aging myself), I was booked in a Grand Suite with my parents, and my sister was booked in an inside stateroom with her friends. Our suite host met my sister and was so excited and welcoming - he invited her to join us in the suite lounge on the ship and at Coco Cay (this was before Coco Cay was the "Perfect Day").

Now, if you really want to make sure that your wife gets the suite perks, you could swap adults in the rooms and assign yourself to the standard balcony. 😉

Ahh...the Monarch.  Loved that little ship...but I hate to point out to you...there never was a Suite's Lounge on the little ship.   Everyone enjoyed cocktails in the Viking Crown Lounge, which set up for that for 3 hours in the evening only with "guard dogs" at the entrance.   No coffee machines, no keyed entry.   The VCL the rest of the time is open to the general public.  

When you use your card to enter Coastal Kitchen for breakfast the person at the podium will ask your cabin number.  You give the suite number and they see it has 2 people and there’s 2 people standing there.  They don’t ask to see the cards.  You are shown to a table.  There is no issue unless the child with the suite card tries to go to CK for breakfast.  As long as you are swapping and not adding, nobody cares.