Galveston Limousine shuttle

beshears

Someone had recommended to check out Galveston Limousine for transportation from the ship to the airport. I have read some reviews, and some were good, others were not, so that is why I am ASKING here. My question, if you have used their SHUTTLE, would you give me your pros/cons of using it? Were they on time for pick up, once the ship had arrived back from the cruise? Was there plenty area to put the luggage on or under the shuttle? The price seemed very good, but I still hesitated and wanted to get other's opinions on the Galveston Shuttle especially.

• Host Kat changed the title to Galveston Limousine shuttle

@beshears

Your title has been edited to add the full name of the shuttle. That way, hopefully, you will receive replies to your inquiry regarding that particular shuttle company.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Hi, we used they for our new years eve cruise, dec. of 2022. They picked us up at The Tremont Hotel and took us to the port. They were polite, on time with no issues.we had 4 bags- 2 large, 2 carry ons. it was about 173.00 but well worth it as it can be a struggle to get a cab/lyft to the port of cruise day.

2 hours ago, whynottry77 said:

Hi, we used they for our new years eve cruise, dec. of 2022. They picked us up at The Tremont Hotel and took us to the port. They were polite, on time with no issues.we had 4 bags- 2 large, 2 carry ons. it was about 173.00 but well worth it as it can be a struggle to get a cab/lyft to the port of cruise day.

We stayed at the Tremont pre-cruise last year.  The two of us had a little less luggage than you, but we found it easy to walk to the cruise port that NCL uses.      If you are able to walk about three blocks with your rolling luggage, it's a pleasant  walk with sidewalks all the way.    (We each had a rolling bag plus a duffle that fits over the handle of the suitcase.)

4 hours ago, whynottry77 said:

What city was your hotel in?

12 hours ago, whynottry77 said:

Did you use Saltwater moms? 

That amount is really high for a ride from Tremont hotel in Galveston to the ship, isn’t it?

Hi, The Tremont is in Galveston, it was just my husband and myself. We always come in a day or so early so need transportation the day of. We do use Saltwater Moms with every trip from Houston to a Galveston hotel. It was high but I had a bad experience the last time. I was on a girls trip with a lot of luggage staying at a Seawall hotel, had issues getting tax /lyft etc., the morning of. We ended up with a taxi that was pretty questionable and at that time they could not drop us off in the terminal which they didn't tell us until we were there.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, whynottry77 said:

Hi, The Tremont is in Galveston, it was just my husband and myself. We always come in a day or so early so need transportation the day of. We do use Saltwater Moms with every trip from Houston to a Galveston hotel. It was high but I had a bad experience the last time. I was on a girls trip with a lot of luggage staying at a Seawall hotel, had issues getting tax /lyft etc., the morning of. We ended up with a taxi that was pretty questionable and at that time they could not drop us off in the terminal which they didn't tell us until we were there.  

Does Saltwater moms provide ride from Galveston hotel to ship?

5 hours ago, dog said:

Not to my knowledge as they are not based on the island.  The port is not far from anything,  It would not be economical for them to drive to the island for a pick up going 5 to 15 minutes away; dependent on where one is staying.

Travelers should always check directly with the hotel for transportation.

• Thanks 2

Galveston cruiser, although I have contacted Galveston Lemo Service, and they have got back with me with their "summer" special price, but not what the price will be in the winter months.

Whynot77, thanks for letting me know it was just the two of you, as someone said, that sort of sounded a little expensive.

I know for the 7 or 8 of us, we will check and see what the hotel has to offer around the end of December or the first of January, and then go from there, hopefully finding someone that has a good price if needed, if the hotel does not take care of us. My d-i-l said the last time they cruised, although this was in FL, the hotel picked them up at the airport, took them too the ship, and picked them up from the ship, and took them to the airport, as well as staying over night at the hotel, and the price seemed to be pretty good. The only bad part is they may not have an affiliate hotel that is connected with them in the Galveston area that will do that, but it doesn't hurt to check into this first.

On 10/15/2023 at 11:34 AM, whynottry77 said:

I believe you can book them,I never have tried as I know they get pretty busy with airport runs on the day of embarking.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:20 AM, dog said:

On 10/15/2023 at 11:34 AM, whynottry77 said:

I believe you can book them,I never have tried as I know they get pretty busy with airport runs on the day of embarking.

I thought you used them from the Tremont? Which port were you going to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whynottry77 said:

I used Galveston Limo from the Tremont to the port. I use Saltwater Moms for transportation from Houston Airport to hotels.

Thanks. Still seems very expensive. Which pier were they taking you to?

16 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks. Still seems very expensive. Which pier were they taking you to?

We were going out on the Carnival Dream, don't remember which pier. Yes it was expensive. We went out on New Years Eve, not sure if the fare was higher due to the holidays. They emailed the invoice and there is multiple additional charges from the base rate of 85.00. Walking was not a option even with luggage as I had an injury so I decided to just book it and be done, The service was good. Below shows some of the add ons that could be added.. it was almost a yr ago

Base Rate

Fuel Surch (12.000%)

Port Tariff (1 x 25.00)

PDA Surch (30.000%)

City Fee

Std Grat (15.000%)

Total Due (USD):

Payments/Deposits (USD):

Total Outstanding (USD):

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, beshears said:

Galveston cruiser, although I have contacted Galveston Lemo Service, and they have got back with me with their "summer" special price, but not what the price will be in the winter months.

Whynot77, thanks for letting me know it was just the two of you, as someone said, that sort of sounded a little expensive.

I know for the 7 or 8 of us, we will check and see what the hotel has to offer around the end of December or the first of January, and then go from there, hopefully finding someone that has a good price if needed, if the hotel does not take care of us. My d-i-l said the last time they cruised, although this was in FL, the hotel picked them up at the airport, took them too the ship, and picked them up from the ship, and took them to the airport, as well as staying over night at the hotel, and the price seemed to be pretty good. The only bad part is they may not have an affiliate hotel that is connected with them in the Galveston area that will do that, but it doesn't hurt to check into this first.

Very doubtful  you'll find a hotel in galveston that will "picked them up at the airport, took them too the ship, and picked them up from the ship, and took them to the airport, as well as staying over night at the hotel". 

Hotels and the airport in FLL are very close to the cruise port.  The airports in Houston are either 40 miles or 70 miles from the port.  

• Like 1

Rocketman275, I have a feeling you are right. The reason I say this, we were out eating tonight and my grandson was with us, and we were talking about hotels and transportation. He then spoke up and said that the company he works for gives a discount at a hotel or two in Galveston, and showed me the price, which didn't sound too bad. So I'm thinking my/our problem is someone taking us to the hotel in Galveston from the airport, (I/we will check first at the hotel and make sure they do not pick up their guest at the airport first, before booking someone that would do that for us)and someone picking us up from the pier and taking us back to the airport.

44 minutes ago, beshears said:

Rocketman275, I have a feeling you are right. The reason I say this, we were out eating tonight and my grandson was with us, and we were talking about hotels and transportation. He then spoke up and said that the company he works for gives a discount at a hotel or two in Galveston, and showed me the price, which didn't sound too bad. So I'm thinking my/our problem is someone taking us to the hotel in Galveston from the airport, (I/we will check first at the hotel and make sure they do not pick up their guest at the airport first, before booking someone that would do that for us)and someone picking us up from the pier and taking us back to the airport.

I think you are definitely overthinking the whole scenario.

It basically comes down to how far in advance you are flying in and do you WANT to do something in Galveston.

If you are simply flying in the day before, as a safeguard, the simplest, easiest and probably cheapest option by far, is to stay near the airport (preferably at a hotel with free shuttle to and from airport). Return to the airport next day and take one of pre-booked return shuttles - cruise line, one of several already discussed independent shuttles, or uber/lyft. Several people have stated you will not get a Galveston hotel to pick you up at the airport. Several Galveston hotels seem to have even stopped their cruise port shuttles.

IF you want to stay in Galveston for a night, you need a shuttle to the hotel (same independent choices as above), a taxi/uber/lyft to the port and a return shuttle to the airport after the cruise. You also have to find a Galveston hotel that will allow a one night stay in Galveston (if that is all you require) which will depend in day of  the week and what events are on in Galveston.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 8:48 AM, whynottry77 said:

We were going out on the Carnival Dream, don't remember which pier. Yes it was expensive. We went out on New Years Eve, not sure if the fare was higher due to the holidays. They emailed the invoice and there is multiple additional charges from the base rate of 85.00. Walking was not a option even with luggage as I had an injury so I decided to just book it and be done, The service was good. Below shows some of the add ons that could be added.. it was almost a yr ago

Base Rate

Fuel Surch (12.000%)

Port Tariff (1 x 25.00)

PDA Surch (30.000%)

City Fee

Std Grat (15.000%)

Total Due (USD):

Payments/Deposits (USD):

Total Outstanding (USD):

What company offered this rate? It seems reasonable to me. I was just quoted over $200..

I’m looking for transportation from the Double Tree Houston Hobby to the carnival cruise terminal on 6/8/24 for 4 people. I’d love a private SUV but I’d also do a shared shuttle. 

13 hours ago, beshears said:

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I think you are definitely overthinking the whole scenario.

It basically comes down to how far in advance you are flying in and do you WANT to do something in Galveston.

If you are simply flying in the day before, as a safeguard, the simplest, easiest and probably cheapest option by far, is to stay near the airport (preferably at a hotel with free shuttle to and from airport). Return to the airport next day and take one of pre-booked return shuttles - cruise line, one of several already discussed independent shuttles, or uber/lyft. Several people have stated you will not get a Galveston hotel to pick you up at the airport. Several Galveston hotels seem to have even stopped their cruise port shuttles.

IF you want to stay in Galveston for a night, you need a shuttle to the hotel (same independent choices as above), a taxi/uber/lyft to the port and a return shuttle to the airport after the cruise. You also have to find a Galveston hotel that will allow a one night stay in Galveston (if that is all you require) which will depend in day of  the week and what events are on in Galveston.

Sound advice from c-leg5.

We're flying into IAH the day before our cruise.  We've done this before and it worked well for us.  BTW, we have no interest in spending time touring Galveston.  We booked a room at the IAH Marriott the night before the cruise.  We booked Galveston Limo (private sedan) to move us to the cruise port on embarkation day.  We booked Galveston Limo to return  us to IAH on debarkation.

We do not have the option of flying into Hobby.  

You might save a few dollars booking an off-airport hotel but then  you'll have the hassle of getting a ride to and from the airport.  There is a free tram between each baggage claim and IAH-marriott so that simplifies things.