Went GTY. Room has already been assigned 10 weeks out as a 3V. Can I get my TA to change to a different, vacant 3V room?

Went GTY Interior.  When I pulled up the RC app, I saw the Room has already been assigned 10 weeks out as a 3V. In fact, the room number is on my final invoice and has no reference to a GTY.  

My only issue with it is that it has an adjoining room door.  But, there’s a vacant room 3 doors down in the same 3V category.  Can I get my TA to change to a different, vacant 3V room?

I have successfully done that in the past, but not in the last year. If I was in this situation I would pick what room I would like to be transferred to and give my TA a call. If it cant be done, it can't be done, but maybe. . .

17 minutes ago, JohnnyThinwallet said:

Went GTY Interior.  When I pulled up the RC app, I saw the Room has already been assigned 10 weeks out as a 3V. In fact, the room number is on my final invoice and has no reference to a GTY.  

My only issue with it is that it has an adjoining room door.  But, there’s a vacant room 3 doors down in the same 3V category.  Can I get my TA to change to a different, vacant 3V room?

My TA says he can easily change to a vacant cabin in the exact same category with a few minutes time. Doesnt even have to call.

Mine can and will. Dont know your TA. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Sounds like a reasonable question.  Choices:  a)  ask on cc, and receive multiple conflicting guesses, or b) call and ask your TA.  Hmmm.....

Unless you have a good TA, all you will get is more guesses. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have changed rooms for clients numerous times.  Never had an issue and I don't even have to call as it can be done online by their TA directly through cruising power

15 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Unless you have a good TA, all you will get is more guesses. 

And a TA answered that yes it can be done easily. On the other hand some TAs might not want the extra bother and at least one site used to charge for changes. 

Several TAs post here and it's clear they are TAs with lots of experience. Another obvious one is named slidell something .. but I quoted a TA answer with yours. Many like to ask and get a for sure answer it can be done then call. 

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You missed his point.

And yet other TA's claim they're unable to do it.  Simple point that you missed as well....OP should call their TA, not look for answers here that may/may not apply.  Everybody's an expert...and some are correct.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

It's nonsense. They shouldn't let you change it in the US but not anywhere else.

They shouldn't let you change it at all as its the risk you took by booking a gty.

Each country has different rules on their carriage contracts. This is one nice one we have in the US, UK has better consumer protection. 

• Like 1