Going rate per bag for Porters?

Truluv

13 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

That's two very far off assertions 

Yes however mine is directly from the website for Ontario Living Wage organization. A living wage is far from a comfortable wage. It doesn’t mean you can save to buy a house or enjoy traveling or buy luxury items. It means you can have a roof over your head, heat your home, buy groceries etc without having to work 60+ hours a week.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

For the purposes of this discussion, the distinction is moot.  

Union labor is not a tipped position 

Are you implying that a person who is a member of a union cannot accept a tip ? I was a union member from 1969 to 1971 and received tips.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you implying that a person who is a member of a union cannot accept a tip ? I was a union member from 1969 to 1971 and received tips.

Never said they can not accept them; I am saying their position and salary precludes them from being included in the discussion; as it pertains to luggage handling at the cruise terminal-unless highly personalized duties are performed. 

Moving my bag from the sidewalk to a luggage cart is the minimum expected of them, and doesn’t get a tip. 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Never said they can not accept them; I am saying their position and salary precludes them from being included in the discussion; as it pertains to luggage handling at the cruise terminal-unless highly personalized duties are performed. 

Moving my bag from the sidewalk to a luggage cart is the minimum expected of them, and doesn’t get a tip. 

I was referring to a person who is in the terminal who will take your luggage to your vehicle .That person to me was a Porter and not a Longshoreman.I gave him $10 because I was partially disabled at the time and was unable to carry luggage.My wife was able to take her luggage but we let him take both.

The guys at the pier who take your luggage at boarding time are usually Longshoremen but at times they are members of other unions.I do not believe that luggage can be otherwise transported .I always gave them $5 a bag because I had the belief that giving them a gratuity would enable my luggage to arrive on board timely.