Strange happening on Voyager

SoonerDan

So I’ve never had this happen in my 17 cruises 

Last night at 3:44am an announcement went out to every area of the ship (cabins included) for a guest to report to guest services. 

the ship never slowed down or stopped or did any kind of search. We have continued toward Galveston best I can tell. 

Any other ideas other than the one I don’t wanna think about?

7 minutes ago, SoonerDan said:

So I’ve never had this happen in my 17 cruises 

Last night at 3:44am an announcement went out to every area of the ship (cabins included) for a guest to report to guest services. 

the ship never slowed down or stopped or did any kind of search. We have continued toward Galveston best I can tell. 

Any other ideas other than the one I don’t wanna think about?

We have heard announcements like that before and it has usually been a missing teen.

• Like 6

Happpened on one of our cruises.  An elderly gentleman with Alzheimer’s had gotten out of his cabin in the middle of the night and his wife was frantically trying to find him.

She kept losing him all week because he seemed to always try it during sleeping hours .  She said she thought he would be okay to cruise but found out it was a big mistake to try and bring him.   

I felt sorry for her….😢😢

On a Panama Canal cruise on Princess, DH kept losing his room card in the hot tub and had at least 3 replacements.  During dinner on a port day, I thought I heard his name being paged.  The speaker above our table was silent.  Next time, my cousin heard it and he went to take the call.  It was Guest Services confirming if he was on board!  This was at least 2 hours since we had left port!  

Seems that his replacement card had not registered when we boarded.

• Like 1

We were on Navigator in June out of LA. On night 6 about 3-4am it started with one name announced. Then 15 minutes later a more urgent announcement, then 15 minutes later again, and again. Around 60-90 minutes later a new name was announced along with the first and every 15 minutes. The entire ship was awakened, passengers and crew as well.

Next day at the Captain's Corner that was the first question asked... what the heck was going on. Captain advised that a parent reported their teen never came back to the cabin. They had searched every where they new to look. Staff was looking in all public spaces. Once the announcements started and woke everyone, another cabin figured out their kid was also not in the cabin. 

Not sure if the kids were hiding at this point and to scared to report to Guest Services Immediately as instructed or what. The captain apologized and said he understood how everyone felt about being awaken and the non-stop announcements but that kids were involved and they were doing everything they could to find them. He said that we were literally a few minutes away from every single cabin being searched to see if someone was holding them.

Another question was how were they punished. Captain said if today had not been a sea day and we would have ported, the entire family of each would have been put off the ship to find their way home. Since it was a sea day he had not choice but to allow them to finish the sailing.

It was a miserable night for everyone. Especially the poor crew who were up all night and then still had to report to their jobs for the full time without sleep.

• Like 1

They assume the individual is onboard unless there's evidence to the contrary.  Either someone saw something or a camera did.  They can't stop every time someone doesn't show up to meet family, friends, etc.   

41 minutes ago, ace1zoe2 said:

We were on Navigator in June out of LA. On night 6 about 3-4am it started with one name announced. Then 15 minutes later a more urgent announcement, then 15 minutes later again, and again. Around 60-90 minutes later a new name was announced along with the first and every 15 minutes. The entire ship was awakened, passengers and crew as well.

Next day at the Captain's Corner that was the first question asked... what the heck was going on. Captain advised that a parent reported their teen never came back to the cabin. They had searched every where they new to look. Staff was looking in all public spaces. Once the announcements started and woke everyone, another cabin figured out their kid was also not in the cabin. 

Not sure if the kids were hiding at this point and to scared to report to Guest Services Immediately as instructed or what. The captain apologized and said he understood how everyone felt about being awaken and the non-stop announcements but that kids were involved and they were doing everything they could to find them. He said that we were literally a few minutes away from every single cabin being searched to see if someone was holding them.

Another question was how were they punished. Captain said if today had not been a sea day and we would have ported, the entire family of each would have been put off the ship to find their way home. Since it was a sea day he had not choice but to allow them to finish the sailing.

It was a miserable night for everyone. Especially the poor crew who were up all night and then still had to report to their jobs for the full time without sleep.

Captains have very little tolerance for bad behavior and kick whole families off for a variety of reasons.  

• Like 2