IGLUs at Cafe Al Bacio

cruise20

I think they should be - I read on one of the celebrity descriptions that the zero proof plan covers all non alcoholic beverages onbaoard, so by that standard,  it should.  Would be curious to learn anyone's actual experience with it to see.

10 hours ago, cruise20 said:

Like a frappe.  Coffee with crushed ice, milk, whipped cream and caramel or chocolate  drizzle.  Think I have it right.   

Yes you are correct cruise20!  I love them.....and  I always think zero calories because they are made on a ship.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just wondering since my DH and I are not specialty coffee and I hate to admit this but we are Dunkin’ people not Starbucks. (Ordering at Starbucks scares me) At cafe al bacio can you just get black coffee. My DH always ends getting an americano and I don’t think that is what he wants. 

• Like 1

Yes you can get black coffee.   It is called Americana and is basically espresso and 50% water.   The barista can also add or reduce the amount of water depending on your taste.

Another option that I do in addition to drinking lots of al Bacio coffee is bring my own preferred coffee and a travel plunger (french-press).     Put the grounds in fill with hot water from OVC and plung once back in my room.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boston lab girl said:

Just wondering since my DH and I are not specialty coffee and I hate to admit this but we are Dunkin’ people not Starbucks. (Ordering at Starbucks scares me) At cafe al bacio can you just get black coffee. My DH always ends getting an americano and I don’t think that is what he wants. 

They do not have drip coffee, but they will add water to an espresso to make it approximately like a cup of black coffee, and it is indeed called Americano.

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:59 PM, cruise20 said:

Are the IGLUs at Cafe Al Bacio included in the Zero Alcohol drink package?

Thanks for responding.  

I've had them and they were no charge with the Classic package so they should totally be included with the Zero Proof package since it's a step above Classic with regard to non-alcohol beverages.

I think they would likely call it a Frappuccino if it wasn't a trademark name of Starbucks, it is definitely a spin on that type drink but with WAY less flavours 😉

Edited by poffles
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Boston lab girl said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I think adding water to an americano will make my DH happy

Adding water to an Americano would result in a VERY weak cup of coffee. An Americano is already 50% water/50% espresso. DH finds Americano a little too weak for his taste. Instead he asks for a long black,(some call it a long pull) which gives a slightly stronger flavor,  but isn't as strong as espresso.

An americano as I’ve always had them included a single shot of espresso or a double shot depending on the size of coffee I wanted. If you get a medium cup of coffee and it’s too weak or too strong just ask them for extra shot of espresso or one shot less.  

14 hours ago, poffles said:

I've had them and they were no charge with the Classic package so they should totally be included with the Zero Proof package since it's a step above Classic with regard to non-alcohol beverages.

I think they would likely call it a Frappuccino if it wasn't a trademark name of Starbucks, it is definitely a spin on that type drink but with WAY less flavours 😉

Correct, poffles.  I think 3 flavors:  chocolate (what I always have), vanilla (?) and caramel (?).

• Like 1