Live from reflection, 19 October 2023, transatlantic. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

4 hours ago, MERLOTCHAMPAGNE said:

We’re currently on Apex and have had issues getting a NZ Sauvignon Blanc on our premium bev pkg.   Villa Maria is hit or miss as they are discontinuing it by the glass.   Anyone have an updated wine list on Reflection as we’ll be onboard in early Jan. 

Say what?? That’s the only decent SB on the ships…always my go to. Did they say why it’s not going to be available by the glass? And is it perhaps just the Apex? Hope they replace it then with another NZ SB…so many to choose from and they really do it the best 🥂 🇳🇿 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, retired dude said:

on a decent cruise, one should not have to order from the kid's menu..hope things get better when we board her in march 24'....just sayin'

One doesn't.

Just because that is one person's preference, that doesn't mean that is a standard or majority opinion. 

Just sayin'....

I remember a time when there were soufflés offered for dessert occasionally. They weren’t on the printed menu, and the waiter would just say “tonight we have a special dessert for you,” that being chocolate soufflé, or Grand Marnier soufflé.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 39august said:

What do you mean by "off menu"? The waiter just tells you what is available?

It’s something not listed on the printed menu or the app.  You can’t find out about it ahead of time. The waiter just tells you if it’s being offered that night.

5 hours ago, Dallens said:

What,s the weather like in the Atlantic now—temps, winds, sun???  We’re leaving on Beyond TA Monday 10/30.

Seas have been tolerable although the ship’s motion plays havoc with the water in the pools.  Cooler today and tomorrow than it was before that in the Med.  who knows what you will experience several days from now.

Can you let me know the high temperature and wind speed tomorrow?  Unless things have changed (haven’t cruised since pre-pandemic, late 2019), captain will usually announce ship’s position and weather at noon every day at sea. I realize this may change significantly between now and next week, but at least it will give me a ballpark figure for packing purposes.

Thanks.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:43 PM, Alakegirl said:

I remember a time when there were soufflés offered for dessert occasionally. They weren’t on the printed menu, and the waiter would just say “tonight we have a special dessert for you,” that being chocolate soufflé, or Grand Marnier soufflé.  

On 10/23/2023 at 6:40 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

Say what?? That’s the only decent SB on the ships…always my go to. Did they say why it’s not going to be available by the glass? And is it perhaps just the Apex? Hope they replace it then with another NZ SB…so many to choose from and they really do it the best 🥂 🇳🇿 

Agreed - every sommelier I spoke with has a different explanation on why… but the outcome is the same.  Beginning next cruise, definitely no Villa Maria SB by the glass.  They “think” once they arrive in FLL after the NZ SB will be offered but no guarantee.  Hence why I’m inquiring on other ship threads about the changeover.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dallens said:

Can you let me know the high temperature and wind speed tomorrow?  Unless things have changed (haven’t cruised since pre-pandemic, late 2019), captain will usually announce ship’s position and weather at noon every day at sea. I realize this may change significantly between now and next week, but at least it will give me a ballpark figure for packing purposes.

Thanks.

recommend to download Windy app of you have an iPhone or iPad.

Very helpful for what you are asking for😇

https://www.windy.com/?59.955,10.859,5

You can also look 👀 online

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dallens said:

Thanks.

73° and 13 foot seas but I don’t see how that can help you at all because there’s no way of knowing if you will be on an itinerary anywhere near our itinerary.

5 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

recommend to download Windy app of you have an iPhone or iPad.

Very helpful for what you are asking for😇

https://www.windy.com/?59.955,10.859,5

You can also look 👀 online

Stop telling people to do some of their own research ,

easier to ask on line for outdated information 🙄 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I use the windy app all the time 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner!  Off-menu BEEF TORNADOS——perfectly cooked filet ——- a nice roasted potato (not a scoop of mash)

Were you also offered the tornados on the first Chic night?  That is its normal slot.