Live from reflection, 19 October 2023, transatlantic. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No.  But as near as I can tell the entire menu rotation is off on this cruise.

Hi cruisestitch...I am so happy that you are getting some enjoyable meals in the MDR.  I am curious if  your dining app is anything close to what they are actually serving each night in the MDR not including the off menu items that you stated aren't listed at all?

Edited by like2cruise

6 hours ago, like2cruise said:

Hi cruisestitch...I am so happy that you are getting some enjoyable meals in the MDR.  I am curious if  your dining app is anything close to what they are actually serving each night in the MDR not including the off menu items that you stated aren't listed at all?

Close but never perfect.  We tend to check the app at lunchtime to see what the dinner menu will be, but we have seen changes between then and the evening, sometimes just a small thing like the flavor of ice cream. But sometimes a whole entree disappears and is replaced by something else.  And you are correct that be off menu items are never on there.

2 hours ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

My wife & I are signed up for this. It is $35pp + 20% for a total cost of $84.

Thanks...not bad for a party at WCB..we are not big drinkers overall  but are fans!  Hope you'll report back!

Last night was chic night with an uninspiring menu. However, the off menu choice was a steak and shrimp combination. The steak was not as good as the night we had tornadoes, but was still good. There were three shrimp on the plate, and there was a sauce that also had some shrimp in it over at all. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

After a HUGE amount of work to remove all the loungers and bring in tables and chairs for the Senior Officers Party this night, the Solarium is transformed 

AF0F6B93-D2FC-43E6-9196-6E7071F143B6.jpeg

05E5A0A3-E52A-4B03-BB2B-AB7996127B42.jpeg

why did they do that?  was it a pool party? seems silly... could have used another space?

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Last night was chic night with an uninspiring menu. However, the off menu choice was a steak and shrimp combination. The steak was not as good as the night we had tornadoes, but was still good. There were three shrimp on the plate, and there was a sauce that also had some shrimp in it over at all. 

That just goes to show how food is subjective. We dined with two other couples in the MDR last night and all 4 individuals ordered the shrimp/steak combo and couldn't stop raving about it. In fact, one person said that it was the best meal she had had in the MDR during the entire cruise. My meal consisted of a tofu appetizer from the separate vegetarian menu which was quite delicious, followed by a corn & chili soup, and then vegetable kabobs over seasoned rice for my main course. The dessert on the vegetarian menu was a creme brulee, I believe (which I couldn't eat), so I just ordered the banana sorbet off of the main menu. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Was lobster offered on any of your chic nights? I see it was removed from our app dining options for our 2nd chic night except the lone listed for $16.99.  I know app not completely accurate.  I wish it was...would make it easier to know which nights to go to a Specialty.  Thanks!!

55 minutes ago, like2cruise said:

Was lobster offered on any of your chic nights? I see it was removed from our app dining options for our 2nd chic night except the lone listed for $16.99.  I know app not completely accurate.  I wish it was...would make it easier to know which nights to go to a Specialty.  Thanks!!

Lobster might be on tonight’s menu, but tonight is not a chic night.    Remember that this is a transAtlantic’s and menus are very much rearranged.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Too many Elites and above to have the Senior Officers Party in Sky Lounge.  Solarium holds more people.

ah.. seems more spread out..not great acoustics..hope no one fell in!

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Lobster might be on tonight’s menu, but tonight is not a chic night.    Remember that this is a transAtlantic’s and menus are very much rearranged.

I do remember it is a TA was just curious what they did on your sailing...thanks!!!