LIVE Norwaylady sails on Edge World Cruise from Rome to Singapore 30.10 to 25.11.23 , 26.night

Norwaylady

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No, it is the same meal choices ever day.

Come on John... they change it.   They just changed it after 5 years to the current.  LOL

My taste the only think I liked was the Raspberry Pistachio desert.    I'm not a big fan of ANOTHER chocolate desert.     I haven't tried it so will leave my opinion until then.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My taste the only think I liked was the Raspberry Pistachio desert.    I'm not a big fan of ANOTHER chocolate desert.     I haven't tried it so will leave my opinion until then.

The chocolate pill is very good, IMO.  😊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

It looks like the Mr. gave up on his Movember mustache🙁

He suddenly realised that when he gets home, and it’s time to take it away…. He will have a white moustache 🥸😂😂

So he was a bit 🤔🤔🫣 no…. No tanning moustache😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

@Ken the cruiser when we had concierge on last part. It was no problem to get a fixed table in same zone. 
Just ask, and they can add a “fixed” every day booking. 

We choose to do a Tour’MDR voluntary. Since we find it a bit fun to test out what’s going on….

I completely agree by you.
For E-class we will probably do sunset/porthole/front window/biggest window. 

For S/M-class some sort of balcony. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon and dinner arrived fast… (you see, those sea days are running of)

Mr sat in the tub for a long time, I was just taking it easy. 

The sunset was beautiful (tonight it was a sunset veranda million dollars hit🤩) so we could only see the colours from the side of the balcony. 

Around 19.15 we were ready to go downstairs. We had a coffee from Al Bacio and Mr wanted to try out the “healthy” martini 🍸…… 🥬 kale martini 🥬

IMG_1385.thumb.jpeg.ca4f5977d2004f7ec15fe6db2d201540.jpeg

It’s green😆 it smells like a vegetable smoothie and looks like it. Celery, kale, ginger…..

And it taste like it😅

So it might count as 1/5 daily vegetables🤣🤣🤣

After seeing the flair show and listening to the live music, we decided it was time to go for dinner. We arrived around 20.45 and it was less crowded than yesterday. 

So that’s good 👍🏻 

Tonight’s menu: 

IMG_1386.thumb.jpeg.eec13b4fe8bf82dcfaa325119aa1c7ca.jpeg

both of us said synchronous: this menu isn’t great. The Tuna main course looks good….

Luckily for us… our waiter came by to say that tonight they had a chef’s special. 

Chicken tikka. (Same we had earlier this week) 

We said bring it on😋🇮🇳

chefs taste

IMG_1387.thumb.jpeg.ed9b2dc73fca4eb18df68a200be737fa.jpeg

Again, excellent taste and chicken was delicious. 😋 

IMG_1388.thumb.jpeg.d1de666b7cb4ee7ace6b6dffe7b64acc.jpeg

Dessert menu: 

IMG_1389.thumb.jpeg.25d231a31c7cdf072be5be0700018703.jpeg

For dessert, we had sorbet. 

IMG_1390.thumb.jpeg.c057344ff403d9da0d68580862cec204.jpeg

IMG_1385.jpeg

• Like 11

Sorry you are not having a great experience in the Retreat.  We are usually in SS on S Class ships but splurged on RS last month on Equinox.  It was the best cruise we have taken with the attention to detail top notch.  We had been in a RS on Equinox a few years ago and it was so so.  Now with the decline in Retreat benefits and increase in prices iRetreat may not be worth it.  This is first time in many years I don’t have a cruise  booked.   I’m looking at Balcony rooms, and am sure I will have a great cruise.  

Enjoy your last days on the ship!  Safe travels home!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

After the last cruise I gave some feedback about the substandard B2b information given to Ss guests now, in that non-suite guests got a seminar, whereas we didn’t get anything now. Pleased to say they took that onboard and we st least were invited to the seminar for general passengers this morning, which was informative.

Agree with Norwaylady that the loss of butlers has been especially detrimental this cruise, given all the one off and custom procedures, and first time for the ship and so on.

Not sure if you saw it but yesterday’s presentation with the captain was very informative regarding India, where he spoke about all the issues there for about 20min. Still believe this should have been given to all, and earlier, since it affected all, but good to be informed on most of what happened nonetheless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I woke up to clouds and showers of rain. The rain was drumming on our balcony. 

You could see the showers coming. 

I tried to have a family chat by my mother, she was in transit in Dubai from Thailand. She’s on the way home after a visit to Hua Hin. 

Connection was not great. So message worked well but no phone calls. 

I went upstairs to deliver the immigration cards to Thailand 🇹🇭 at 09.30.

It was several people in the retreat. 

I went back downstairs to check on Mr. What was his wish…. 

We agreed that we should have breakfast on the balcony of the retreat. 

Since they have yoghurt, fruit, pastries and cold cuts. Then we would be able to sit outside under the roof and enjoy the food on a large table and walking distance of collecting all of it. 

It was almost empty when we arrived at 10.20. 

IMG_1401.thumb.jpeg.fa9ceb93fc16cc1c7569c4e8fcead3e9.jpeg

So we had a nice breakfast in the rain. 

Temperature was good, so no reason to sit inside. 

We had coffee and just enjoying life for a while. 

We went downstairs to change into pool clothes. It’s just showers of local rain, so no need to be sad. 

Go to the jacuzzi, enjoy the day and have fun🙃 

We had some showers, but not a problem😎

IMG_1402.thumb.jpeg.c76c3f48a8921637f1ab723b31ae7b98.jpeg

Around 13.30 it started to clear up😎😎

So then it was time to move over to a sun lounger and play a round of Ludo🎲

IMG_1403.thumb.jpeg.f6dd4910e573eee4ab5ed815a9514575.jpeg

at 15.30 we called it for today’s outdoor party 🎉 Don’t want to get grilled lobster 🦞 since we have a full day outside tomorrow😎

Its captain’s club senior officers party tonight at 17.15 in Eden. 

This was waiting on our bed back on arrival: 

IMG_1404.thumb.jpeg.7f362ab7c6a68b4558d7c40447067f58.jpeg

Tender priority information for Phuket. 
Elite and above

• Like 5

Captains Club Senior Officers party, here we come🥰

IMG_1411.thumb.jpeg.2357fe6f112f008fdc0e28aef0465df8.jpeg

Today’s party was all according to plan. Drinks, canapés and sweets 🍭🥂🍹🍸

IMG_1415.thumb.jpeg.2b2f32dc509531bbfb88c7f114bc3649.jpeg

IMG_1421.thumb.jpeg.737ce4c9e443d3a876153e5c3c891296.jpeg

IMG_1419.thumb.jpeg.0f0c76301b0fe3c108f05f3c2322cdd5.jpeg

Captain Matt introduced the entire family of senior officer crew and he was giving out diplomas to employees that reached 5, 10, 15 and 20 years in X 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🍾🥂🥳

IMG_1420.thumb.jpeg.aaca045a0d03fa2efa9dd9aad9d80c8d.jpeg

IMG_1424.thumb.jpeg.71db9923b09c4a76e880ff7d10f4a649.jpeg

• Like 16

On 11/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I was wondering the same thing my self.    A quick Google indicates top speed of Edge is right at 21.7 Kts which is close to what's she is doing     Winds can also affect true speed but I think your math is pretty sound.  

I'm surprised no announcements haven't been made.   Those that have private tours may be in trouble.

I know I am chiming in a little late here. Ships speed whether max designed or current speed, is speed through the water. Not speed over ground. So depending on the water currents, the ship could actually be traveling a bit faster or slower "over the ground speed" than the displayed or planned speed through the water.

Cheers

• Like 1

@Norwaylady Have you and or you and Mr spent much time in the Retreat Lounge?  I have seen quite a few pictures and comments about the sun deck but don't recall reading much about any time or experiences spent in the lounge.  Just wondering about your thoughts regarding the lounge and the service there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@Norwaylady Have you and or you and Mr spent much time in the Retreat Lounge?  I have seen quite a few pictures and comments about the sun deck but don't recall reading much about any time or experiences spent in the lounge.  Just wondering about your thoughts regarding the lounge and the service there. 

We picked up breakfast there from the self-service buffet this morning. 
We eat on the balcony in the retreat. 

We have had som cocktails before dinner 2 days. 
They have afternoon tea delights from 15.30-16.30 daily. It’s scones, fruit and sandwiches in minis. 

We rushed by once. 

They have a snack bar from 17.30 to 20.30. It’s nuts and fruits. 

They have 2 servers in the lounge taking orders for drinks. 
But at peak times it’s very busy. 

The self-service beverage is open 24/7 style. It’s sodas, water and sparkling water. A coffee machine and tea serving. 

It’s like an airport lounge style. 

and the retreat hostess has their “office” so they can help you during their work hours. 

Im not sure what I think about it….

It’s not that I hate it.

I just don’t know what I think about the concept. 
In one way i feel a bit “airport” over it. 
On the other side I feel it’s a good place to be social. Specifically if you travel by friends in several suites. Then you have more space to meet and mingle. 

Personally it’s not worth double price compared to a veranda stateroom🫥 But that’s my opinion of it. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

It’s not that I hate it.

On the other side I feel it’s a good place to be social. Specifically if you travel by friends in several suites. Then you have more space to meet and mingle. 

Fully agree.  You articulated the drawbacks very well.  It's kind of a pretend lounge. The lounge is missing something even compared to a hotel or airport lounge and somewhat limited by it's configuration.  It's also not quite as good in meeting ones snack needs as an airport lounge as the "snack" items (aka junk food) is missing.  No candy, bar mix, hard pretzels, etc, and the nuts are only out for a limited time.  We found ourselves still needing to leave the Retreat for certain things throughout the day and miss out on convenience.  E.g., iced coffee drinks, ice cream, food when nothing was out.  One also could try, but ordering from the room service or sundeck menu is not encouraged (not sure about cooler sailings, but haven't seen anyone with a burger in pictures from Iceland, and have never seen heaters in pictures from those cruises).  It also is not big enough for everyone that wants to use it on some days, which kind of makes it a gamble.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

We picked up breakfast there from the self-service buffet this morning. 
We eat on the balcony in the retreat. 

We have had som cocktails before dinner 2 days. 
They have afternoon tea delights from 15.30-16.30 daily. It’s scones, fruit and sandwiches in minis. 

We rushed by once. 

They have a snack bar from 17.30 to 20.30. It’s nuts and fruits. 

They have 2 servers in the lounge taking orders for drinks. 
But at peak times it’s very busy. 

The self-service beverage is open 24/7 style. It’s sodas, water and sparkling water. A coffee machine and tea serving. 

It’s like an airport lounge style. 

and the retreat hostess has their “office” so they can help you during their work hours. 

It’s not that I hate it.

Personally it’s not worth double price compared to a veranda stateroom🫥 But that’s my opinion of it. 

I believe that is a very fair and accurate description!  Like you, having a little breakfast and sitting outside is very nice.  On our first E-cass with Edge, I sat there watching for my DH husband, as he left the ship to track our steps because he had lost his watch.  It was a Breitling that I gave him when he became a school administrator; unfortunately, it was never found.  We had also taken a tour, but it wasn’t in the car either when visiting the Azores, on our excursion.  He always worries about me losing something, but he is the one that does.  Oh well, that is completely off topic!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

on  the BEYOND we thought the area had an odd layout .being a long rectangle without any focus . It seemed sterile despite some nice decor items. Just not cozy or inviting  at all. More like a waiting rm than a RETREAT.

They might make a small glass enclosed library area within  the Retreat on E Class,  that has a few computer stations,  soft music, dart boards,   game tables for chess, checkers, backgammon,  billards etc  Or include a self serve wine or coffe bar.. Those are amenities we enjoy at our Community  Social Hall In Fl and might make it more of a draw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I believe that is a very fair and accurate description!  Like you, having a little breakfast and sitting outside is very nice.  On our first E-cass with Edge, I sat there watching for my DH husband, as he left the ship to track our steps because he had lost his watch.  It was a Breitling that I gave him when he became a school administrator; unfortunately, it was never found.  We had also taken a tour, but it wasn’t in the car either when visiting the Azores, on our excursion.  He always worries about me losing something, but he is the one that does.  Oh well, that is completely off topic!

sorry abt the watch and stress of looking..

• Thanks 1

It seems that once again, a returning Celebrity customer far prefers the experience on the Millennium/Solstice class ships.

We have found that the experience in The Retreat is far superior on the older ships as there are way less suites on board.

Luminae is more special and personable experience on the older ships when it doesn't have to cater for 100+ suites.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vhojm said:

It seems that once again, a returning Celebrity customer far prefers the experience on the Millennium/Solstice class ships.

We have found that the experience in The Retreat is far superior on the older ships as there are way less suites on board.

Luminae is more special and personable experience on the older ships when it doesn't have to cater for 100+ suites.

Totally agree. In my experience the Edge class ships do have a great Retreat sundeck, but I much prefer the M/S class. Nicer lounge for socializing and fewer people who the concierge needs to attend to. I will be on the Ascent in January for an annual birthday cruise with the grandkids and am looking forward to it but for next January we will be sailing on MSC to give it a try.

• Like 1

@Norwaylady  Thank you for your open and honest description of your Retreat Lounge experience.   Your experience was just like ours was on Edge in 2020.  
We’ve found the Retreat on S-class pre-revolution as a much more intimate than the Retreat Lounge on Edge. 

Even our one sailing on M-Class was a better Retreat Lounge experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1