OCEANIA CRUISES HAS DONE THE PASSENGERS OF RIVIERA AND NAUTICA VERY TERRIBLE IN CHANGING CRUISES FOR iSTANBUL TO DABAI

brdgplay22

Have not seen a post by anyone who actually took advantage of the brief offer.. please let us know ifbyou are that person ir know someone who took the offer. Lesson learned. Act immediately, same day, if you find yourself in this situation

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Have not seen a post by anyone who actually took advantage of the brief offer.. please let us know ifbyou are that person ir know someone who took the offer. Lesson learned. Act immediately, same day, if you find yourself in this situation

I believe that Georgiapeach51 acted right away and did receive it. I may be wrong but that was one of the first threads on this subject. She sounded like her FCC was awarded, exclusive of airfare. Maybe she will chime in. 

On 10/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, PinonNoir said:

Can you post the initial offer they made, as well as the retraction? Curious.

We got an email from Oceania today (oct 31) advertising specials and guess what one of the specials is with availability right across the board!!! Riviera. Istanbul to Dubai with all the original stops listed. I would label this as false advertising. Even has the original name with holy land and Arabian Jewels.  I’m assuming some people have gotten refunds.We haven’t and we’re a group of 4 couples.
We’re very upset with the lack of responsibility and compassion Oceania has showed over the last several weeks. This war is escalating and Oceania has blinders on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susanemac said:

We got an email from Oceania today (oct 31) advertising specials and guess what one of the specials is with availability right across the board!!! Riviera. Istanbul to Dubai with all the original stops listed. I would label this as false advertising. Even has the original name with holy land and Arabian Jewels.  

That’s pretty astounding.  Hope you retain that email solicitation.  Are there any stories in the travel trade press?  Perhaps some of these O passengers should contact travel press outlets who have contacts with cruise execs?

• Like 2

A different perspective. I will not debate this issue.  What I will say after 44 years of cruising on most all the brands, I have noticed a lacked a true understanding of what guest truly need, when issue happen.  In most cases, the brand comes around and does the right thing eventually.  However by that time the brand makes the right decision to take care of their guests, the damage to the relationship has been done. I could never understand why it took so long. 

When a brand makes a promise verbal or in writing, then the take it back, reputational damage is done. Do many guest calm down and book the brand again, "YES".  Many also go to another brand.  The hardest thing in business is building Advocacy.  When you lose an Advocate, it is very costly. 

All this can be eliminated or reduced with very clear, professional and concise communication. That corporate consistent communication is in my opinion is what is missing.  Also missing it the very important training on how to handle these situation for the brands staff.  The Corporate staff is left to say things just to get off the phone with the angry client. The decision to give a refund or FCC is called "Goodwill".  You can't give it to one guest and not to another or it is called "Bad will".  If I always have to be the squeaky wheel to get what is right, it simply gets old and frustrating. 

Counter to the corporate office is the majority of crew and team members actually on the ship.  They, for the most part, work so hard just to make us happy.  Shame, the executive can learn a lot from the crew on a cruise ship. Do the right thing early and boost about it.  Do it after lots of angry complaints and loss advocates.  Simply as that.  This is not an Oceania Issue.  It is an industry issue.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:
23 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

A different perspective. I will not debate this issue.  What I will say after 44 years of cruising on most all the brands, I have noticed a lacked a true understanding of what guest truly need, when issue happen.  In most cases, the brand comes around and does the right thing eventually.  However by that time the brand makes the right decision to take care of their guests, the damage to the relationship has been done. I could never understand why it took so long. 

When a brand makes a promise verbal or in writing, then the take it back, reputational damage is done. Do many guest calm down and book the brand again, "YES".  Many also go to another brand.  The hardest thing in business is building Advocacy.  When you lose an Advocate, it is very costly. 

All this can be eliminated or reduced with very clear, professional and concise communication. That corporate consistent communication is in my opinion is what is missing.  Also missing it the very important training on how to handle these situation for the brands staff.  The Corporate staff is left to say things just to get off the phone with the angry client. The decision to give a refund or FCC is called "Goodwill".  You can't give it to one guest and not to another or it is called "Bad will".  If I always have to be the squeaky wheel to get what is right, it simply gets old and frustrating. 

Counter to the corporate office is the majority of crew and team members actually on the ship.  They, for the most part, work so hard just to make us happy.  Shame, the executive can learn a lot from the crew on a cruise ship. Do the right thing early and boost about it.  Do it after lots of angry complaints and loss advocates.  Simply as that.  This is not an Oceania Issue.  It is an industry issue.  

Word salad.  What are you trying to say.  Lots of words that are not coherent.

Terri

• Like 7

In a story too long to recap for the umpteenth time, NCL shafted me and new husband on our honeymoon cruise in 1987. 

The biggest failure of the whole train wreck was NCL management's failure to appropriately recognize and address the issues. Not even a minor apology or small token, let alone any substantive offer. (One might suggest a similar type of response to O's current one.)

I vowed at the time never to sail with NCL again. Fast forward to 2023 and dozens upon dozens of cruises later, I still have not given NCL another cent (well, up until my August 2023 Oceania cruise anyway, which did cause some angst).

I realize NCL has plenty of customers to replace me. But also, I think of the cumulative amount of $$$ we might have spent on NCL through the years had the honeymoon been a wonderful experience.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Word salad.  What are you trying to say.  Lots of words that are not coherent.

Terri

Don't give something then take it away.  Don't promise something and give me an excuse why you can't do it.  If a employee tells a guest they have until a certain date to make a decision, the company has to support that promise.  This is a cruise industry issue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Don't give something then take it away.  Don't promise something and give me an excuse why you can't do it.  If a employee tells a guest they have until a certain date to make a decision, the company has to support that promise.  This is a cruise industry issue.  

Thank you.  Get to the point in a concise way instead of a lot of words.

Terri

• Like 5

we managed to get the FCC. TA got it about 2 hours before the iffr was rescinded but I have to say the info we were given was so mixed up. Result was cruise fare only, no air reimbursement,  taxes and shore excursions reimbursed. However, paid $3300 for excursions but till O massaged the numbers we got $1300. And they won't explain how they got the numbers. I am writing FMC (federal maritime commission) they jy congress person to get answers. Last O cruise we will take

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, golferpcc said:

we managed to get the FCC. TA got it about 2 hours before the iffr was rescinded but I have to say the info we were given was so mixed up. Result was cruise fare only, no air reimbursement,  taxes and shore excursions reimbursed. However, paid $3300 for excursions but till O massaged the numbers we got $1300. And they won't explain how they got the numbers. I am writing FMC (federal maritime commission) they jy congress person to get answers. Last O cruise we will take

Try charging back on your credit card. I’ve read this advice was given to others in your situation. Anything O did not reimburse, dispute that amount w credit card company.

Let us know any results, good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you.  Get to the point in a concise way instead of a lot of words.

Terri

Thank you for saying what many of are probably thinking when we see input from certain posters. As others have noted, CC message boards should not be used as personal blogs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, edgee said:

Thank you for saying what many of are probably thinking when we see input from certain posters. As others have noted, CC message boards should not be used as personal blogs.

@edgee Thank you for sharing. Other feedback is quite different then the recent opinions given. Yet it is each member’s responsibility to respectfully to all opinions. The message has been received.

12 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There comes a point where one just stops reading.

Like post 1 hour ago! A personal extremely detailed blog of the upcoming 10 day cruise.

Missing clothing packed details 😊

Just now, Jayne E said:

Like post 1 hour ago! A personal extremely detailed blog of the upcoming 10 day cruise.

Missing clothing packed details 😊

I think if you are so offended you can utilize the Ignore User feature??? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

@EJL2023 Thank you and I agree.  If anyone is uncomfortable with my posts, please use the Ignore Feature or simply skip them.  I acknowledge my post are to long.  In life, you have to clearly accept criticisms as way to improve if it is true.  The complaints about my posts are true.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

The word “offended” was never used by me.  In no way are the posts referred to offending. 
All posts are welcome. All opinions of them are also welcome.
Accusing me of being “so offended” untrue. No need at all for the Ignore User feature.

Wishing all to cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayne E said:

The word “offended” was never used by me.  In no way are the posts referred to offending. 
All posts are welcome. All opinions of them are also welcome.
Accusing me of being “so offended” untrue. No need at all for the Ignore User feature.

Wishing all to cruise well and enjoy every moment.

I completely agree!

• Haha 1

Last evening, after 6 pm we received two emails from Oceania..

The first was that due to the political unrest our stop in Tangier, Morocco

was being cancelled on our upcoming (Nov 6)  Nautica trip to the Canary Islands and being replaced with Cadiz Spain (a nice enough substitute)

THEN a few minutes later we also got this...that for our Riviera trip Dec 19-29 Mid East Meandering, they were deleting four of our eight stops and replacing them with more time in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and an extra day in Doha, Qatar and Sir Bani Yas.  We also have the pretrip with 3 extra days in Dubai and we are flying in a day early  (on Qatar Airways) so we won't be exhausted thus we now have SEVEN days in Dubai and three in Abu Dhabi. Having been to Dubai and Abu Dhabi five times already we were taking this cruise for the "other" ports. Our TA called first thing this am to a completely uninterested Amanda who offered nothing.

However, we are completely confused how if Tangier, Morocco is NOT deemed safe, how can Qatar and Dubai be deemed SAFE? Plus you others have to come THROUGH the Suez Canal to even get TO Dubai.

We are holding our course here but certainly hope they do re-offer the Future Cruise Credit so we can ALL have lovely cruises with our Oceania ships and not be put at risk.

Any one else on our segment of the Riviera cruise feel the same?

• Like 1