2 PNR # anything we need to know

bobolz

We just received our flight reservations. Our cruise agent booked 2 one way on same airline, so received 2 separate PRN# vs 1 (which we normally get for open jaw)  . We are traveling outbound US to Lisbon returning from London to US . Anything we should be aware of when time to travel since our outbound flight Will not have a return flight reflected on that ticket. 

thanks in advance 

You just need to be able to document that you have a return journey.
The same applies, for example, if you have a transatlantic cruise from Europe to US and just buy a single ticket to Europe.
I have never experienced any problems when dealing with one way tickets.

• Host Carolyn changed the title to 2 PNR # anything we need to know

Unlikely any one will notice or care. We flew SFO-AMS on one PNR this last June, and home CDG-SFO on a different PNR two weeks later, because booking separately was the best way to get the cheapest award fares. Have booked as many as 4 PNRs (one for each of us, each way) a number of times. No questions. 

Thanks everyone and for those (Globaliser ) that corrected my error on the correct acronym, ie PNR . This was the first time I believe we ever received 2 especially on the same airline and always thought it was more expensive doing 2 one way flights vs multi-city or round trip, except if maybe using points. I guess in this case it was not. 

thanks again!

1 hour ago, bobolz said:

... always thought it was more expensive doing 2 one way flights vs multi-city or round trip, except if maybe using points. I guess in this case it was not.

This is often not the case if it's cruise line air travel, because of the conditions of the negotiated rates that the cruise lines can use but which are not available to the general public.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 6:52 AM, hallasm said:

You just need to be able to document that you have a return journey.

To be fair, it's not even "return journey", it's "getting the hell outta here" journey. Portugal won't care if you're going back home, to Tokyo, or to Timbuktu...they'll just care that you're getting out of Schengen on time. 

On 10/28/2023 at 7:59 AM, CruiserBruce said:

Unlikely any one will notice or care. 

So I'll say that as a thirty-something black man...I am almost always asked for proof of onward ticket at immigration in Europe, whether it be UK or Schengen. Not always, but almost always. So, it's a bit...inconsistent. Because my white, thirty-something wife is almost never asked. 

(Not even remotely playing the race card, I'm just saying that it's a rarity when I am NOT asked to show proof of onward travel at immigration, whether it be on my phone or printed, so it helps to be preprared). 

• Like 1