Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 44

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, October 30 and Sunday, November 5.

Hallowe'en. 👻

'Nuff said.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

11 hours ago, pierces said:

Pictures taken between Monday, October 30 and Sunday, November 5.

Hallowe'en. 👻

'Nuff said.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Do you know what happened to Zackiedawg? I miss seeing his gorgeous pictures.

2 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Do you know what happened to Zackiedawg? I miss seeing his gorgeous pictures.

I've noticed his absence. I hope it's for a fun-filled adventure. He's been a welcome presence here for years.

Dave

• Like 1

This week's highlight was Hallowe'en. For years, we have gone to Daughter Kassi's neighborhood and done the sugar walk with her family. Her neighborhood is one of those that does over-the-top Hallowe’en and Christmas decorations and it draws hundreds, tf not thousands of visitors to see the sights and collect the treats. This year was a bit different. We volunteered to host a trunk for Son Dan’s church’s Trunk Or Treat aling with Kassi’s Family. It was 4 hours of controlled mayhem with over 7,500 visitors, not counting possible repeaters that looked suspiciously familiar. While it was still light, I took a moment to grab some photos, including this one of Jackie taken with the 11mm ultra-wide on the new Pixel phone. Night of the Walking Cuteness, right?

All Hallow's Eve

2023-44AllHallowsEve.thumb.jpg.fff4676bea05ef32ba6c0832d004fc3e.jpg

Dave

• Like 6

On 11/1/2023 at 2:09 PM, pierces said:

Pinging @zackiedawg

Hoping all is well.

Thank you all kindly for the check in...I had been absent here for quite a while - and in general online.

Most of the summer I haven't been able to get too much time to pop onto the boards as my stepfather had been in declining health and I was helping my mother take care of him as she couldn't pick him up or move him herself.  He passed away in mid-August, and I was just trying to get things back to normal and back on track - planning cruises, etc - when my mother suffered a medical emergency and has been herself in the hospital the past 2 1/2 weeks - so now having to deal with that.

So I'm still around - and eventually will get back on the boards again, but just a lot going on with family now and that plus work has kept me busy or otherwise occupied.

I do still try to get out to the wetlands on a weekend day to catch a break from all this...and did make it up to Disney a few times, so I do still have photos to share...here are a few just to catch up a bit:

A favorite from a summer trip to Disney - a lightning storm in the evening taken from my hotel balcony:

original.jpg

And from the same balcony, late that AM, a SpaceX rocket launch from Cape Canaveral, along with the rising crescent moon:

original.jpg

And some wetlands wildlife - a least bittern:

original.jpg

And a pied-billed grebe adult with her chick close by:

original.jpg:

• Like 8

17 hours ago, zackiedawg said:

So I'm still around - and eventually will get back on the boards again, but just a lot going on with family now and that plus work has kept me busy or otherwise occupied.

Glad to hear you're ok and sorry for your loss. Family is so much farther up the list of things to take care of than a cruise board that you can hardly see it from down here. Take care of family business and yourself. We look forward to seeing you post when things settle down.

Dave

• Like 1

A few taken from last weeks trip to French Polynesia ... my 31st trip to this photographer's dream location.

No filters ... only basic lightroom.

Sony RX10IV - sunrise in Bora Bora on the pool deck.

DSC07708-Edit.jpg

Sony RX10IV - Taken cruising in the lagoon of Tahaa ... Bora Bora is 13 miles away in the distance.

DSC07742-Edit.jpg

iPhone SE3😁- Taken in the lagoon of Bora Bora

IMG_2577.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna
  • Like 5