Favorite carnival cabin location?

havanadaydreaming

Anyone have a favorite place to call home on CCL? 

I used to be a big highest deck available dude, balcony only.  Preferably midship but really didnt care too much.

Now i think im very partial to oceanview deck 3, right by lobby bar.  Location, location, location. 

Admittedly a pretty cost effective option. Still get natural light. Room pretty spacious for 2 of us.  

When I was young (and poor!), we would book the cheapest room available - usually a guarantee and we got what we got! 

But since I've started cruising with my husband and family, we have only booked balcony cabins. We usually like to be on Deck 7 - either aft or forward. It's an easy two decks up to get to Lido, bars, food and fun and two decks down to the Promenade. I don't usually take the elevators, so being in the middle of all the activity makes it easy to take the stairs. 

Next cruise though, I am looking at the Interior w/ Picture Window at the front of the ship (4J). I think it'll be just me and my kiddo this time. Great value since it's priced more like an interior, but still get the light from the window. And the "secret deck" is only steps away if we want to get outside to enjoy the view and snap some pics! 

• Like 2

Since I like to book interior rooms, I like to book forward on decks 6-10 so I’m close to a “secret deck.” Preferably lido or one deck down from lido. Next choice is above the bridge so I have the secret deck with wings.

On Excel class they don’t have secret decks. Lido midship. Practically a private hallway there.

• Like 2

For us, a balcony is a requirement.

Location, first choice is ALWAYS Lido deck.  As far forward as we can get, port side.

If that location isn't available, we'll take that balcony cabin on a mid floor with staterooms above and below.

• Like 4

I don't have a strong preference TBH. I've had cabins all over the ship. Generally I prefer aft, a deck or two down from the buffet (so say deck 7, there are cabins all around me). On a lot of ships that means I can go up 2 decks and be on Lido, or down 2 decks and be on Promenade.

At times I've booked last minute and been on deck 1, 2 cabins from the end of the hall. I really don't mind.

Generally we choose inside cabins for a lot of reasons.

• Like 1

L-shaped balcony cabins on Conquest class ships, extended bowling ball balconies on Spirit class ships.  If not available prefer somewhere in aft of ship.  Prefer deck 7 - but will always book cabin sandwiched between decks of cabins. Had Havana aft wrap on Horizon - was fantastic, but probably will never be able to afford it again as it was during covid and only cost around $700 for 2 in cabin plus grats.   

I pick insides, the very last aft cabin, I'm partial to deck 8. That way I only have neighbors on one side and very limited people passing my door. This location has always been so quiet. The 2 times I stayed mid and the 1 time I stayed forward were the 3 noisiest cruises I have ever been on.

• Like 1

Wife and I like forward.  Doesn't really matter what deck or which standard cabin; whether interior, OV, balcony, cove balcony.  We love feeling the movement of the ship, which surprises me since I have always been prone to motion sickness.  Yet, on a cruise ship, no issues and no medication.  And we have been on some pretty choppy seas (our favorite)!

We've been all over the place and all kinds of cabins. 🙂  My favorites have changed over the years.  Right now I am partial to aft cabins, right below lido deck.  I like balconies, but can certainly handle an inside cabin if I want to use my budget for an expensive excursion or something else.  I actually also like inside cabins, but I am not a huge fan of being on the lowest deck or two.  I do prefer to feel the ship moving- so higher deck and aft or close to bow is good.  We really liked the interior porthole cabins for a budget option- but when they drop anchor at 5 a.m. you are UP FOR THE DAY.  🤣  So we don't do that anymore unless our other viable options are lower deck inside cabins.