II Secondo Bacio vs Cafe al Bacio ?

horseymike

1 hour ago, Random Cruizer said:

There is no comparison, I think it's badly misnamed.  All it is a is a coffee stop in the buffett.

I agree.  By it's name you would expect it to resemble the original Cafe el Bacio.  But it is more simply put the bar for the OVC.  They will make cappuccinos but also have the all the other paid drinks as well (Vitamin water, sodas, red bulls, beer, wine, etc.).  It is available for walk up guests but it also is where the waitstaff who takes drink orders in the OVC goes for service. 

Edited by Team Stag

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree but I wold consider the Coffee Stop to be the Free Battery Acid in the buffet.   I just can't drink that stuff..

It is better than some of coffee i gotten off of coffee trucks on a construction job site 🤣

Some people can only afford the buffet coffee so we should consider ourselves fortunate to be able to get for Bacio if we want 😁

On 11/3/2023 at 7:51 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Is there one on the Connie ? 

Yes, I googled it and found this:

Cafe Al Bacio Location

Celebrity Constellation Cafe Al Bacio is located on Entertainment (deck).

We loved Al Bacio on the Apex recently and went there every afternoon for a treat and tea or coffee.

14 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It is better than some of coffee i gotten off of coffee trucks on a construction job site 🤣

Some people can only afford the buffet coffee so we should consider ourselves fortunate to be able to get for Bacio if we want 😁

Yikes....   I never put Milk or Cream in Coffee but that's the only way I can drink that battery acid.   It burns all the way down

20 minutes ago, itsawonderfullife said:

Cafe Al Bacio Location

We loved Al Bacio on the Apex recently and went there every afternoon for a treat and tea or coffee.

There is no second Bacio in the buffet on any M class ship, only the original Cafe al Bacio

Edited by WestLakeGirl

15 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

and many choose not to spend on coffee even though though we can 'afford' it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yikes....   I never put Milk or Cream in Coffee but that's the only way I can drink that battery acid.   It burns all the way down

Bailey’s Irish Cream works wonderful for that stuff. 

I am not beyond ordering a shot of Bailey’s to go with my coffee.  I can usually get two cups of good coffee out of one shot of Bailey’s. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, itsawonderfullife said:

Cafe Al Bacio Location

I was wondering about Secondo Bacio in OVC on the Connie , I guess the coffee will come from SunSet Bar 

On 11/3/2023 at 1:20 PM, Team Stag said:

I agree.  By it's name you would expect it to resemble the original Cafe el Bacio.  But it is more simply put the bar for the OVC.  They will make cappuccinos but also have the all the other paid drinks as well (Vitamin water, sodas, red bulls, beer, wine, etc.).  It is available for walk up guests but it also is where the waitstaff who takes drink orders in the OVC goes for service. 

Sometimes  there are very long lines..even if you just want a bottle of water and it's not always cold!

The larger Cafe Baccio ( and Cova Cafe,  its predecessor)  was much nicer when it was more of  a sit down  kind of place.  Take out alcohol results in long lines later in the day and slow table service. That plus many card playing groups have given it a diff atmosphere..

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Bailey’s Irish Cream works wonderful for that stuff. 

I am not beyond ordering a shot of Bailey’s to go with my coffee.  I can usually get two cups of good coffee out of one shot of Bailey’s. 

I was going to say two good shots of Baileys per a cup of coffee. 🙂