Cruise Next expiration dates gone?

julig22

53 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't one of the many glitches NCL system has had lately.

No glitch according to my PCC. Internally, the expiration date is 2099. I think I'm good. 🙃

• Like 2

My $500 CruiseFirst purchased yesterday for $250 no longer shows date ..... instead in far right column it says View Terms with link that takes you to today's CruiseFIrst promo which is  pay $150 for $300 CruiseFirst.  My amount is correct at $500 and I did screen prints yesterday so not worried about it but it would be nice if NCL would get their act together.

NCL live chats are clueless, as usual - tried it & hang up against cross-selling to book another cruise. 

None of our remaining CN certificates have expiration dates anymore, but in the fine prints or disclosure referenced link, written out that it is to be booked and use within 4 years.  

Maybe, change in newer GAAP or accounting practices and principles on how NCL might be booking these on their line-item financials ?  

Like that blast of blank emails that some of us with upcoming cruises received this week - spamming the in-box with basically nothing else written.  

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Maybe, change in newer GAAP or accounting practices and principles on how NCL might be booking these on their line-item financials ?  

Or maybe the certificates are in danger of running afoul of the "no expiration date" laws that are cropping up in more and more states.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had one remaining CruiseNext cert, and recently noticed it also just said "view terms" in lieu of an actual exp date.  Having said that, I purchased it probably close to six years ago, and during covid the expiration date got bumped out later at least twice, so I thought perhaps it was related to that.  Anyway, I just used it two days ago.  If there really aren't expiration dates now, I'll think about buying another two when on board in January.  I had been debating trying CruiseFirst certs instead in the future, but maybe I'll stick with CruiseNext.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow..That's great!

We have two credits left that were set to expire in April 2026 with 1 NCL Cruises booked for January, one next year, and one Celebrity Greece Cruise later this year.

So we don't have to rush to select our next NCL option.

😉👍

We are recently off the Getaway and purchased some certs. I asked the CN team about the non-expiry dates as they were still touting the CN certs were still only good for 4 years. The rep started she was aware that currently held CN certs converted to non-expiry, but they hadn't received guidance on newly purchased certs. The certs i just purchased onboard (11/25/23) have hit my account, also with a 12/31/99 expiration date.  If this is a permanent change, it's a great one!

• Like 2