Lunch venues at sea?

Jose Zalfadilla

I will be a first time X cruiser later this month (Infinity 11/28-12/9/2023).  I noticed that for the Aqua class passengers, our designated DR for meals is Blu and that it's open only for b'fast and dinner. Other than the buffet, and outdoor pizza & burger bars, is there anywhere else that is open on sea days to our class for lunch during traditional lunch hours?

18 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

I'm sure meal hours at all venues will be noted on some material one receives aboard ship, but is there a link on the X website that will show all venues' meal hours?

Since they can vary, your best way of finding restaurant hours is the daily program

• Thanks 1

We've always found that one of the main dining rooms (or a section of the main dining room) is open for lunch every day.  We don't enjoy going to the buffet but it hasn't been a problem.  You will have to check the hours on your daily agenda.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

I'm sure meal hours at all venues will be noted on some material one receives aboard ship, but is there a link on the X website that will show all venues' meal hours?

The ships daily paper is called Celebrity Today.  The first day on the ship (embarkation) there will be one in your stateroom. Each evening you will receive the Celebrity Today for the next day. You'll find everything you need to know in the Celebrity Today. 

1 hour ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Not on the Website but there is on the Celebrity mobile app.  

• Like 2

For an extra fee there is Sushi. This is an a la carte menu and you can enjoy as little or as much as you like. We find it very enjoyable once or twice per cruise.

Usually once per cruise Tuscan will be open for a fee lunch. This is a reduced menu compared to the evening one but usually at a lower price.

The buffet on Celebrity, in addition to usual items, often is themed. Indian, Pie Day, Italian…This will be in your daily newsletter. Much as I don’t enjoy buffets every day it is nice to graze there a few days…We will often put together a salad and sandwich and take it somewhere else to eat…

We have rarely been to the MDR lunches on sea days so I will let others describe.

Again for a fee there is always the option of the all day room service menu. If you are shattered after a few busy sightseeing days and have a balcony this can be a really enjoyable option…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not on the Website but there is on the Celebrity mobile app.  

Yep! Coincidentally, I found it a few minutes ago. All the scheduled operating hours for dining, bars, etc., are shown on the app.  I have some questions, though:

1. All dinner hours listed for all venues include a "wine" schedule that is exactly the same hours as "dinner" hours. What does the "wine" schedule refer to?

2. Cellar Masters is noted as the ship's "wine bar." Their menu shows only wines being offered. Does that mean they actually serve ONLY wines and not liquor/cocktails/spirits?   On other cruise lines, their so-called dedicated wine bars (i.e., Vines on Princess ships) also offer liquor/spirits, not just wines.

3.  Celebrity Select @ Trellis, I understand they offer fixed seating times (early, late or main) in the MDR. Is that option open to all classes aboard ship or only to pax who are limited to meals in the MDR? IOW, is it available to Aqua class pax any time we may wish?

TIA!

2 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Yep! Coincidentally, I found it a few minutes ago. All the scheduled operating hours for dining, bars, etc., are shown on the app.  I have some questions, though:

1. All dinner hours listed for all venues include a "wine" schedule that is exactly the same hours as "dinner" hours. What does the "wine" schedule refer to?

The Wine section is just a list of the wines that MAY BE available for you to order with you meal.  The hours are the same because you can only order them when the restaurant is open.

2. Cellar Masters is noted as the ship's "wine bar." Their menu shows only wines being offered. Does that mean they actually serve ONLY wines and not liquor/cocktails/spirits?   On other cruise lines, their so-called dedicated wine bars (i.e., Vines on Princess ships) also offer liquor/spirits, not just wines.

No. You can order other beverages there but they specialize in wine.  

3.  Celebrity Select @ Trellis, I understand they offer fixed seating times (early, late or main) in the MDR. Is that option open to all classes aboard ship or only to pax who are limited to meals in the MDR? IOW, is it available to Aqua class pax any time we may wish?

If you are in Aqua class, your 'assigned' dining room is Blu.  Blue does not do assigned times. 

If you would like to eat in one of the other venue's for dinner, you would make arrangements with either the Blu or MDR Maitre'd.  Changes are you would not be given select unless there are openings.  You would be given anytime dining.

Guest who have Select have assigned dining times.  There are other guest who were not assigned Select who can show up when they are ready to eat and will be given an available table.  Normally the dining room is configured with one floor for those with assigned dining times and the other floor for those with the "anytime" dining. 

There are no assigned dining times for lunch.  You show up when you are ready to eat and will be directed to a table.  You can request a table for the size of your party or you can asked to be seated at a larger table with other guest. 

8 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The Wine section is just a list of the wines that MAY BE available for you to order with you meal.  The hours are the same because you can only order them when the restaurant is open.

(Clipped rest of excellent response)  Excellent! Thanks!

2 hours ago, wildcats40 said:

We've always found that one of the main dining rooms (or a section of the main dining room) is open for lunch every day.  We don't enjoy going to the buffet but it hasn't been a problem.  You will have to check the hours on your daily agenda.

Not every day, but every day at sea

IMHO, the MDR lunch is one of the best kept secrets of Celebrity cruises. There are often good things on the menu (including steaks), and the venue is generally pretty empty. 

Because it’s so empty, the staff has time to focus more on the guests who do show up, and there seems to be much better service.

of course it’s not going to be as time efficient as the buffet, but if you’ve got the time, imho it’s worthwhile. 

• Like 1