TA on NOVA......Lisbon to NYC.........

Lois R

20 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

That is correct; this is only on the Silver Nova

Appreciate these fast, excellent follow-ups/confirmations from A Tucson Guy, Dolcevita Diva and Lois.  Very helpful to know as we prepare for our Feb. 2024 Silver Moon sailing.  

Be interested if the HD or others on this current sailing have a sense that this Chef's Table is an offering that might in the future be added to ships such as the Silver Moon, etc.  At this pricing level, it would supposedly be a "money maker".  But, I don't know strong is the demand for this type of pricy offering.  Nor, what it takes in staffing, etc., to make it be successful.  

Keep it coming with ALL of the nice visuals, great background, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

18 hours ago, JSR said:

Thank you so much!  

Hi, you sign up at Guest Relations after you board the ship and as for wheelchair capability, yes those in a wheelchair can participate. I don't know the dimensions but a lower table top will be available.

Hi again, dinner last night was the 2nd "formal optional" night. I did not dress formally but felt more than acceptable. Black slacks with a black fine gage knit top with little gold studs on it. Nice earrings, some make up, black shoes and good to go.

I ate with 2 of the singers in SALT and we had a great time with lots of laughter🙂the food and wine were good too!

I am getting used to these sea days and think I will be taking more crossings in the future.

• Like 4

Hey, Lois!

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying Nova as much as we thought you might.  We didn't think about how the Arts Café has changed from one ship to the other.  

SALT Kitchen was our favorite spot for dinner.  I don't know if I could really sum up the reasons why, but we just liked the atmosphere.  We also had fun with the menu.  I think I ordered off the "non-changing" menu once, and I don't think Charie ever went past that first page.

Thanks for all your continuing reports!  We love hearing them!

Hey Doak🙂 i am enjoying myself really. I have to say, I have met some of the very nicest people and that makes a difference ( for me anyway). And i suppose because of so many sea days in a row, that affects things too. I do think the Arts Cafe and reception area are a miss though and from what I can tell, that is the predominant opinion.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hey Doak🙂 i am enjoying myself really. I have to say, I have met some of the very nicest people and that makes a difference ( for me anyway). And i suppose because of so many sea days in a row, that affects things too. I do think the Arts Cafe and reception area are a miss though and from what I can tell, that is the predominant opinion.

I do hear you on both of those.  We spent very little time in Arts Café, and I suppose that's because it wasn't particularly inviting.  We even had one day where the gangway was at the forward stairs on 4, so most pax basically went in and out through there.  That was odd for both those sitting there and going through.  I can't say that it was -bad-, but it was odd and somewhat counter to what we thought was the idea of the place.

I'm relieved to know you are enjoying yourself!

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, you sign up at Guest Relations after you board the ship and as for wheelchair capability, yes those in a wheelchair can participate. I don't know the dimensions but a lower table top will be available.

Thank you for the information, it is very helpful. I plan to go straight away and sign up as it seems like the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. 

Good morning all. Pleased to hear that generally everyone is enjoying themselves on board but while the conversation has mostly resolved around the food on board there has been no mention of the Sea conditions how well the ship is running in these conditions, how quiet is the ship and is there anyone in the Aft suites who can comment on them ?

The seas were mostly smooth except for the first day out of Lisbon (a notoriously rough area) and today.  The Captain had been preparing us for several days that it would be bumpy today and indeed the seas are 3-5 meters with wind.  Otherwise he has sailed a southerly course that gave us very mild pleasant weather (even some pool users yesterday).

But indeed,new ships are creakier than old ones.  The wear spots between gaskets in the door frames and where cabinets meet the walls haven't formed yet.  We heard that one couple had to be moved to another cabin because of a problem with the sliding door noise.  We have spent quite a lot of time sticking folded paper in various crevices.  

And I had a terrible night's sleep last night. I don't get sea sick so it was not that but every time I would nod out, there was BAM.......A wave would hit and wake me up. I was up watching TV for almost all night. Glad they have 2 seasons of Chicago Med as a choice. I am on deck 9 and was rocking for me pretty hard. I am hoping to take a nap this afternoon. Let's see how that goes.

Oh, I don't know meters but the waves look pretty high to me and it is rocking.........

• Like 1

Hi again, it is supposed to calm down this evening, per The Captain's earlier noon announcement. Hoping that is true and maybe I can get a good night's sleep.

The creaking in my cabin #8091 was so bad, even in calm seas, I had to switch cabins. I think the ship is unbelievably stable. BTW they had a special on the premium wifi and I got it, so I never tried the free wifi. It has been close to perfect, although for some websites your need a VPN to change you perceived location.

Edited by frankhi

Creaking on a New Ship! .....8091 is a Veranda Suite in the stern .Is there anyone midships that also has the creaking and or noisy cabin ?

We just got off the Regent Mariner and were in a Mariner suite midship deck 9 and what made for a very good cruise despite, some very rough weather, was the quiet and smoothness that we experienced, and she is an `old ship' by todays standards.

1 hour ago, frankhi said:

The creaking in my cabin #8091 was so bad, even in calm seas, I had to switch cabins. I think the ship is unbelievably stable. BTW they had a special on the premium wifi and I got it, so I never tried the free wifi. It has been close to perfect, although for some websites your need a VPN to change you perceived location.

How was the balcony size in 8091?  It appears to be quite large.

3 hours ago, skleeb said:

How are they handling 90 solos on board? Usually, the ones I've attended have maybe  8 or 10. Any idea why there are so many on this crossing?

I have no clue why. I have sailed plenty of times with 30+ solos before

But never asked why there are so many. It is not something that is important to me. I have become friends with several couples on board as well as a few solo guests but am not "hanging out" with a bunch of solo passengers. When you ask how are they handling it.....I have no clue. There are always a few In Dolce Vita for drinks and they go to dinner but I am not part of that group.

Anyway, tomorrow morning I am going on  bridge tour. Should very fun.

Tonight I had dinner with another pax and we went to Atlantide and it was excellent.

Off to bed.....more tomorrow.

• Like 2

Generally crossings are reasonably priced and carry only a 25% solo supplement so there's always a lot of solos - 90 is rather more than most but may reflect interest in a novel ship.

I am boarding the Dawn (my favourite ship) next week for the crossing - I chose it for the more southerly route (Lisbon-Canaries-Puerto Rico-Lauderdale) as it'll be warmer and maybe calmer - but I too am very interested in the Nova and am very much looking forward to my sail on her through the Panama Canal next April.

• Like 1